Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Any recommendation on a new gas grill?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Yea thats what i think as well. Just buy the charcoal bags and stick a match to it. Cant beat the taste and the bbq themselves are dirt cheap
    I don't know about there but charcoal briquettes here, especially good ones, are a lot more expensive per cook than propane or natural gas.

I may buy a weber kettle grill this summer too. I have not had anything cooked on charcoal in a while and think if I had a party where I had to cook a lot I'd use both the gas and charcoal. Charcoal is just old school and has it's own flavor and charm even. Not so fun for spontaneous cooking after work but for a party on the weekend? Hell yeah.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm narrowing my choices down to either the Weber Genesis II or the Napoleon Prestige P500-3(Thanks Wicked). The Napoleon looks interesting, though haven't seen one in person other than online. Question, Is stainless steel the only way to go as far as the outside of the grill or does the black porcelain suffice? It appears to be a little cheaper and I kind of like the looks of a black grill. I hear the SS units discolor once it's out in the elements and never look the same.

https://www.atbbq.com/grills-and-smo...ess-steel.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Got the same grill for even longer. I did have to replace the infrared plates a few years back but I could have taken better care of them.

Carroll, if you have natural gas into your home I suggest getting a grill that is convertible to natural gas and running a line out to the grill. I did it with this grill a long while ago and have thoroughly enjoyed not having to go get propane (sorry Hank Hill) or worry about how much is left.

That is my main suggestion if you have natural gas get a grill that can use it.
    I wish I had natural gas access but no, house is all electric.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Well, I'm narrowing my choices down to either the Weber Genesis II or the Napoleon Prestige P500-3(Thanks Wicked). The Napoleon looks interesting, though haven't seen one in person other than online. Question, Is stainless steel the only way to go as far as the outside of the grill or does the black porcelain suffice? It appears to be a little cheaper and I kind of like the looks of a black grill. I hear the SS units discolor once it's out in the elements and never look the same.

https://www.atbbq.com/grills-and-smo...ess-steel.html
    Whatever you get, don't skimp on a good grill cover.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whatever you get, don't skimp on a good grill cover.
    First grill cover we had was a Raven cover which blew off the grill and we never found it.

First grill cover we had was a Raven cover which blew off the grill and we never found it.
    Grill covers can do some weird stuff in a big blow. Like those horrific moon bounce videos where they end up half way to the stratosphere in a matter of seconds. Terrifying.

I wish I had natural gas access but no, house is all electric.
    No propane for a fireplace or anything?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    No propane for a fireplace or anything?

Oh yeah, i've got a propane tank for the grill i have now, but that's it.

Today just bought a Blue Rhino Propane 36" griddle.

Overall I am happy with it after one cook. Little more work at first than expected but cant complain.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Today just bought a Blue Rhino Propane 36" griddle.

Overall I am happy with it after one cook. Little more work at first than expected but cant complain.
    Only issue we've had with our outdoor griddle is getting it on low heat. Always it's hot. Lol

Blog Entries

Thanks for all you guys input on this. Finally decided on the Weber SS gas grill below. It's solidly built, good reputation and 10 year warranty. Never thought I'd spend $1000 on a grill, plus $80 on a cover. I pick it up tomorrow in Millsboro DE to avoid the MD 6% Maryland tax. I ride right by it on my way to Ocean City so why not save the $60. Can't wait to cook something. I didn't opt yet for the the iGrill 3 app-connected thermometer WIFI as of yet. Will probably cave and get it if I really get in to grilling.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genes...ner/1000705006