Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Any recommendation on a new gas grill?

I've been casually looking at new gas grills, started doing some research online. I'm not a big time grill guy at the moment but would like to get into it more once I get a decent one to replace the old one I have. Any recommendations on make, model, must have features to look for? I want one that you can clean up relatively easy. I've read that either stainless steel or porcelain coated grates are best. I know Weber is one of the better brands of grills out there. Any others? Probably looking to spend around $500. Figure that should get me a decent one that should last a while. Thoughts?

Re: Any recommendation on a new gas grill?

Carroll my man. I have a ( don’t laugh) CharBroil grill. I have the Commercial Tru Infrared 4 burner. Had it for about 5 yrs. love it. The infrared keeps down flare ups and the porcelain grates are easy to clean. Very accurate temp adjustment too. I’ve done a lot of roasts and “big meat” with indirect heat since it’s so easy to control.

It’s actually stainless also. Do yourself a favor and take a small magnet with you. Good 304 stainless isn’t magnetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I've been casually looking at new gas grills, started doing some research online. I'm not a big time grill guy at the moment but would like to get into it more once I get a decent one to replace the old one I have. Any recommendations on make, model, must have features to look for? I want one that you can clean up relatively easy. I've read that either stainless steel or porcelain coated grates are best. I know Weber is one of the better brands of grills out there. Any others? Probably looking to spend around $500. Figure that should get me a decent one that should last a while. Thoughts?
    Get one with a sear burner if you can. Without it, it's tough to get a sear anywhere the grates don't touch. I upgraded to the porcelain coated cast iron grates and they gave been great

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

What's your budget?

According to Consumer Reports, the top rated propane/gas grill is the Weber Genesis.

The Napoleon gas grill is pretty interesting because it has some accessories where you can use the gas burners to basically ignite a tray with charcoal bricquets and get that "charcoal" grilling flavor. The Napoleon's aren't cheap though...about $1,000.

https://www.atbbq.com/grills-and-smo...ess-steel.html

I recently purchased a grill and was looking at a Big Green Egg, a propane grill, and then I came across pellet smokers. I ended up getting a Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker - the Daniel Boone Prime model with built in WiFi. I've done a brisket on it, smoked salmon, ribs, veggies, burgers, dogs, and chicken. It's fantastic. I really love it. It's just as easy as a propane/gas grill, IMO and you don't have to worry about the propane tank or anything.

Check them out -

https://greenmountaingrills.com/
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Carroll my man. I have a ( don’t laugh) CharBroil grill. I have the Commercial Tru Infrared 4 burner. Had it for about 5 yrs. love it. The infrared keeps down flare ups and the porcelain grates are easy to clean. Very accurate temp adjustment too. I’ve done a lot of roasts and “big meat” with indirect heat since it’s so easy to control.

It’s actually stainless also. Do yourself a favor and take a small magnet with you. Good 304 stainless isn’t magnetic.

Lax, that's what I'm replacing, a Charbroil, but mine was far from Stainless Steel, just a cheap one that is pretty nasty looking, with grates tough to clean. If I want to cook something, I have to line it with foil. Kind of defeats the purpose of a grill don't you think?

Ortizer - yep, saw that while doing some research, a must have when purchasing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What's your budget?

According to Consumer Reports, the top rated propane/gas grill is the Weber Genesis.

The Napoleon gas grill is pretty interesting because it has some accessories where you can use the gas burners to basically ignite a tray with charcoal bricquets and get that "charcoal" grilling flavor. The Napoleon's aren't cheap though...about $1,000.

I recently purchased a grill and was looking at a Big Green Egg, a propane grill, and then I came across pellet smokers. I ended up getting a Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker - the Daniel Boone Prime model with built in WiFi. I've done a brisket on it, smoked salmon, ribs, veggies, burgers, dogs, and chicken. It's fantastic. I really love it. It's just as easy as a propane/gas grill, IMO and you don't have to worry about the propane tank or anything.

Check them out -

Holy Shit, I see Alfresca makes a gas grill for over $10K. I was looking to stay at around $500 if possible but am flexible. My BIL has the Big Green Egg and loves it. Nephew sends me pictures of the stuff they cook on it. My other BIL has a pellet stove for indoor heat. Very cool and efficient, so I'm familiar with the pellet hopper and various settings and trickling noise of the pellets dropping into the stove. Just learned recently that the make pellet grills. Will do some research on them. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Holy Shit, I see Alfresca makes a gas grill for over $10K. I was looking to stay at around $500 if possible but am flexible. My BIL has the Big Green Egg and loves it. Nephew sends me pictures of the stuff they cook on it. My other BIL has a pellet stove for indoor heat. Very cool and efficient, so I'm familiar with the pellet hopper and various settings and trickling noise of the pellets dropping into the stove. Just learned recently that the make pellet grills. Will do some research on them. Thanks.
    The BGE or Kamado Joe isn’t a bad option. One nice thing about the big green egg is that it comes with a lifetime warranty, which for grills is unheard of. They are pricey though unless you get a small one.

I got my green mountain grill for $599. I caught it on a sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What's your budget?

Check them out -

Thank you for that. Our weber genesis is starting to rust out a bit (it's old, and I slacked on caring for it a couple years after we moved), and we were thinking about getting a pellet grill to replace it

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ortizer; 05-30-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Blog Entries

I’ve tried them all including the char brol infrared (very nice)

My Weber from HD beats them all. Very consistent temp range. Two years in Florida and zero parts issues. Stainless. No rust.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I’ve tried them all including the char brol infrared (very nice)

My Weber from HD beats them all. Very consistent temp range. Two years in Florida and zero parts issues. Stainless. No rust.
    Weber Genesis is the Mercedes of gas grills. You def get what you pay for.

Do yous not use charcoal over there?

Any recommendation on a new gas grill?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Do yous not use charcoal over there?
    A cheap little charcoal grill tastes much better to me, but it certainly is a mess.
    Bonus points for wood “charcoal”, even better.