Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Football figures commenting on George Floyd & related events

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Some psychobabble you might appreciate: The Karpman Drama Triangle: Victim, Villain, Rescuer.
    Along similar lines, you might enjoy a Google search of Honor, Dignity, Victim cultures.

In short, prestige is gained by rescuing victims. That creates more incentive to create more classes of offensive acts and more victims.

If you've read Haidt's book "The Righteous Mind" he'll explain the differences between conservatives and liberals. One of the differences is that conservatives tend to equally rank a buffet of values; whereas liberals highly rank a couple of values -- fairness and equality -- and largely ignore others. The end result is that there is great consensus for fairness and equality.

I find that such a consensus means those values tend to get more and more limelight. That limelight has a tendency to overemphasize some people's perceptions of just how important those particular values are. Then, any affront to those values seems to merit disproportional pushback. The people who come to do the pushing enjoy the ego boost of playing rescuer.
    There are so many layers of dysfunction being drilled into kids heads these days involving the concepts you just nicely laid out here. One of the reasons I find virtue signalling so off putting is because it's so presumptuous and condescending. The role of noble "rescuer", lol. You nailed it. My kid was even taught this concept of the "white rescuer" but I don't know that she internalizes it. They definitely do need their victims to feel good about themselves as well and like you said will redefine and create affronts to champion in order to maintain that identity. Thus microaggressions etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    There are so many layers of dysfunction being drilled into kids heads these days involving the concepts you just nicely laid out here. One of the reasons I find virtue signalling so off putting is because it's so presumptuous and condescending. The role of noble "rescuer", lol. You nailed it. My kid was even taught this concept of the "white rescuer" but I don't know that she internalizes it. They definitely do need their victims to feel good about themselves as well and like you said will redefine and create affronts to champion in order to maintain that identity. Thus microaggressions etc.
    Ugh...Instagram and practically everywhere is unreadable or unlistenable right now.

So many people feel the need to post how they feel about the situation. And that they “stand with justice” or “reject racism”...like who the fuck accepts racism?! Lol.

These responses are pathetic IMO.

Because come Monday, most of them are going to hop into their BMW 3 series and head into their 6-figure job and not give a damn about the Black community.

But it’s cool though...they stand with the protesters...whilst sitting in their cozy home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ugh...Instagram and practically everywhere is unreadable or unlistenable right now.

So many people feel the need to post how they feel about the situation. And that they “stand with justice” or “reject racism”...like who the fuck accepts racism?! Lol.

Because come Monday, most of them are going to hop into their BMW 3 series and head into their 6-figure job and not give a damn about the Black community.

But it’s cool though...they stand with the protesters...whilst sitting in their cozy home.

Ultimately the only person you can control is yourself. I wish they would teach kids that. Your impact on the world is determined by you, and how you treat people. It doesn't have to be announced or signaled to the world. To me that's trying to get something for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Everybody look at how against racism I am. LOVE ME!!!
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Ultimately the only person you can control is yourself. I wish they would teach kids that. Your impact on the world is determined by you, and how you treat people. It doesn't have to be announced or signaled to the world. To me that's trying to get something for nothing.
    That’s not enough anymore. You can’t be non racist and teach your kids to be non racist, you have to do more. I literally heard a guy on sports talk radio espouse that sentiment

I actually found a group of people I despise more than liberals and that's virtue-signalers. True they're usually the same person, but even common sense Republicans are joining in this stupidity.

Apparently blacking out your profile picture is a thing now, in some sort of solidarity? Makes a lot of sense. Those black folks who just watched their businesses burn to the ground can sleep peacefully knowing the pic of some random jackass is now blank.

Instead of being complete fuck-nuggets who honestly seem to believe that showing all your social-media contacts just how woke you are has any effect on anything, why not trying to figure out solutions to the real problems. That was a hypothetical question. There are a couple reasons people don't want to have conversations about the state of things.

- If you point out that racism probably isn't as big a factor as they think it is, the virtue-signaler is going to call you a racist, bigot, whatever. Any possible conversation on breaking a crap cycle is bogged down by the stupids. A telling hint that you're part of the problem; you believe implicit bias is a real thing contrary to every single experiment trying to prove its veracity showing it isn't.

- Accusations of racism is a panacea to virtue-signalers. They're worse than drug fiends because at least the crackheads are providing jobs for dope dealers. Virtue-signalers are the new auto-flagellants, publicly lashing themselves in an orgasmic spectacle to prove that they alone are worthy of forgiveness. Probably a good idea to ask what these people are so desperate to be forgiven for.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock