Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Football figures commenting on George Floyd & related events

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that.

The worst part is that a majority of the rioters who have been arrested came from out of state. Locals have been peacefully protesting.
    Saw an article that most of the arrests have been Minnesota residents as of 6am, but basically everyone is saying it's not locals inciting violence.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The one thing events like this do, is expose the racists. They come out of their little rat cave and make post in threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Saw an article that most of the arrests have been Minnesota residents as of 6am, but basically everyone is saying it's not locals inciting violence.

Yep, I listened to a politician and got burned. Consider me thoroughly chagrined. I believe the ratio was something like two-to-one people from Minnesota to people from out of state who got arrested for rioting.

I believe it's not "locals" as in people from that area of Minnesota who are inciting violence, especially folks in those neighborhoods. Just can't see someone willingly torching their neighbor's business.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    The one thing events like this do, is give liberal white people the opportunity to show how virtuous they are. They come out of their little rat cave and make post in threads like this.
    FTFY.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: Football figures commenting on George Floyd & related events

The one thing events like this do, is expose the racists. They come out of their little rat cave and make post in threads like this.
    Ok then. Thanks for stopping by. Now, back into your cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don’t think that just because Floyd had a counterfeit $20 bill, that means that he was part of a counterfeiting ring. I have gotten change at times that looked fishy to me, but I didn’t know enough to be able to tell that it was counterfeit for certain. Did Floyd have one counterfeit $20 bill on him or a stack of counterfeit $20 bills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you end up with a fake bill and it is flagged as it was here what happens? I would imagine the police have a lot of questions for the person who tried to pay with it simply to try to trace it back to where they got it. I thought counterfeit money fell under the jurisdiction of the secret service thing though.

I can't imagine it's a crime to pay with one unless you are doing it knowingly.

What were they charging Floyd with when they arrested him. I don't even know. I know he appeared intoxicated. Was that why they cuffed him? Any granny or unlucky sob that ends up with a fake 20 could use it and get caught. I don't imagine they cuff people for that under normal circumstances.

You should tell someone they are being insensitive or racist here if you think they are and why. That's probably better than saying something like this. I'll start. I thought the joke about Biden saying "If I had a son..." was kind of insensitive and in poor taste.

Better to talk and try to educate people to your opinion than start name calling. I don't always agree with bandc but he articulates what he is thinking and why without doing that. That tends to polarize threads. Keeping dialog going is probably a better way to move forward on issues like this.

Virtue signalling... it's like crack cocaine to social media addicts.

Yell sexist... get a click

Yell racist... get a click

Yell homophobe... get a click

Doesn't really matter what's true... what matters is appearing to be righteous.

I don't follow the NBA closely enough to even begin to guess who J.R. Smith plays for, but damn it, I'm gonna find out and cheer like crazy for him.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...damaging-truck
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Everybody, regardless of political side, needs to read this article.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...nduct-n2569800

17 times Chauvin was cited for misconduct. 17 times and he was not fired. Now we have idiots burning down cities because complete mismanagement by the government of Minnesota allowed a rouge cop to stay on the force and the inevitable happened.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yep, I listened to a politician and got burned. Consider me thoroughly chagrined. I believe the ratio was something like two-to-one people from Minnesota to people from out of state who got arrested for rioting.

I believe it's not "locals" as in people from that area of Minnesota who are inciting violence, especially folks in those neighborhoods. Just can't see someone willingly torching their neighbor's business.
    Yeah. Also saw some articles that people were coming in, starting fires and breaking windows, then getting out before the police showed. If that's the case, it would play into those arrest numbers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Virtue signalling... it's like crack cocaine to social media addicts.

Yell sexist... get a click

Yell racist... get a click

Yell homophobe... get a click

Doesn't really matter what's true... what matters is appearing to be righteous.
    Some psychobabble you might appreciate: The Karpman Drama Triangle: Victim, Villain, Rescuer.
    Along similar lines, you might enjoy a Google search of Honor, Dignity, Victim cultures.

In short, prestige is gained by rescuing victims. That creates more incentive to create more classes of offensive acts and more victims.

If you've read Haidt's book "The Righteous Mind" he'll explain the differences between conservatives and liberals. One of the differences is that conservatives tend to equally rank a buffet of values; whereas liberals highly rank a couple of values -- fairness and equality -- and largely ignore others. The end result is that there is great consensus for fairness and equality.

I find that such a consensus means those values tend to get more and more limelight. That limelight has a tendency to overemphasize some people's perceptions of just how important those particular values are. Then, any affront to those values seems to merit disproportional pushback. The people who come to do the pushing enjoy the ego boost of playing rescuer.