Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Harbs says Jimmy Smith will play some safety

Wow harbs finally listened to the board. Best coach

2. Re: Harbs says Jimmy Smith will play some safety

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    If this season isnt played its gona be the ultimate bummer. Wonder what effect playing in an empty stadium could have on the quality of play? I would think feeding off crowd emotion would be a significant component of a players ability to perform.
    If we were attacked by aliens, robots or alien robots, would they be able to outcompete humans for roster spots? If they had special powers, would they be able to use those special powers, or would they be penalized?

Sometimes it's nice to be reassured that people aren't going to think I'm the craziest poster here.

4. Re: Harbs says Jimmy Smith will play some safety

Must be the hydroxychloroquine...

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    There are no other teams in the NFL that can give a dime look like this. Zero.
    Eisenberg has a little note on Ravens dotcom, where he writes:

It was interesting to hear Head Coach John Harbaugh tell PSL owners this week the Ravens pointedly decided a few years ago to draft cornerbacks and build the defense from the back end forward. That was new and explains why no team invested more money in its secondary in 2019.
    It's been pretty clear for a while now, that that's the theory they're working under. But nice to hear one of their bigwigs say it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    If this season isnt played its gona be the ultimate bummer. Wonder what effect playing in an empty stadium could have on the quality of play? I would think feeding off crowd emotion would be a significant component of a players ability to perform.
    I've been lead to believe it's more an impact on ability for opposing teams to communicate with each other. I think no crowd and no pumped in noise might help teams like the Ravens better. Makes it more like a playground game and having an improviser like Lamar would be even better if his teammates could hear him directing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I've been lead to believe it's more an impact on ability for opposing teams to communicate with each other. I think no crowd and no pumped in noise might help teams like the Ravens better. Makes it more like a playground game and having an improviser like Lamar would be even better if his teammates could hear him directing.
    Eh. The Ravens have had one of the best home field records in the league pretty much for the entirety since I've been watching them (since 2002/2003). I understand your point but I don't think playing to zero fans benefits us, or any team with a strong HFA. If anything I think that just evens the playing field some on that front, so stadiums with funeral like atmosphere (like Washington or Jacksonville) are playing their home games on more equal footing to those that actually have a HFA.

It does piss me off that our fanbase would have totally taken over FedEx and we likely won't get the chance to now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52