Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Judon signed franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Nobody is going broke! Breaking the bank, under the salary cap, also breaks the back of the team.

If me, as one player, commands 20% of the salary cap - that leaves 52 or more players scrambling for the remaining 80% - a real way to build team unity, sense of purpose and 'do your job' mentality.

Joe got paid after he delivered, not before.
    So in your mind - you'd like to see Judon take the tag - be among the leaders in sacks - Ravens win the SB - Ravens pay Judon $20m per and then he plays like crap for the next 5 years? But its okay bc he won a ring? He delivered?

Judon's made a little under $4m in four years - after taxes maybe $2.5m. Being 28 this maybe his only chance to strike it rich. $16m this year is prob awesome for Judon - if he balls out again with added help from Wolfe/Campbell/ect - then he'll still get paid BIG somewhere else but tomorrow isnt promised.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Nobody is going broke! Breaking the bank, under the salary cap, also breaks the back of the team.

If me, as one player, commands 20% of the salary cap - that leaves 52 or more players scrambling for the remaining 80% - a real way to build team unity, sense of purpose and 'do your job' mentality.

Joe got paid after he delivered, not before.
    Yes, Joe got paid after he delivered, giving him all of the leverage in the negotiations and we all saw how well that turned out in 2013-2017.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Hope he balls out and gets 10+ sacks and the Ravens keep him with a mutually favorable contract. I like keeping our homegrown guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    So in your mind - you'd like to see Judon take the tag - be among the leaders in sacks - Ravens win the SB - Ravens pay Judon $20m per and then he plays like crap for the next 5 years? But its okay bc he won a ring? He delivered?

Judon's made a little under $4m in four years - after taxes maybe $2.5m. Being 28 this maybe his only chance to strike it rich. $16m this year is prob awesome for Judon - if he balls out again with added help from Wolfe/Campbell/ect - then he'll still get paid BIG somewhere else but tomorrow isnt promised.
    I would take another Lombardi in exchange for Judon playing like shit for five years. Without thinking twice.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It seemed to me that, when he was not doubled, he was in the QB's face with regularity. My fear is that with Wolfe and Campbell to account for this year, Judon can put up sack totals reflective of his talent. That might ultimately price him out of purple, but we've definitely received a great value out of him over the last 5 years!
    I forget the numbers, but he had a lot of QB hurries.

Pressure is more than sacks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It wouldn't have required much effort on the Ravens part to respond to his grievance - there was no way Judon was going to win an argument that he was a DE. He does so many linebacker things each game, and pass rushing is part of an OLB's job anyway, that it would have been one of the quicker, easier decisions.

I think it does show they want a happy Judon long term. If only we hadn't been so tight against the cap we could have signed him cheaper, earlier. He looked good right from his rookie season and he was low paid enough that he'd probably have taken a team friendly deal.
    I agree. That's the biggest reason to settle it is to avoid bad blood.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It wouldn't have required much effort on the Ravens part to respond to his grievance - there was no way Judon was going to win an argument that he was a DE. He does so many linebacker things each game, and pass rushing is part of an OLB's job anyway, that it would have been one of the quicker, easier decisions.

I think it does show they want a happy Judon long term. If only we hadn't been so tight against the cap we could have signed him cheaper, earlier. He looked good right from his rookie season and he was low paid enough that he'd probably have taken a team friendly deal.
    Maybe they want a happy Judon for one year. Not sure of what indicators there are that we want him long term at what he thinks he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I would take another Lombardi in exchange for Judon playing like shit for five years. Without thinking twice.
    I wouldn't trade the 2012 Lombardi in for not having Flacco's bad contract, that's for sure.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by HotInHere
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I wouldn't trade the 2012 Lombardi in for not having Flacco's bad contract, that's for sure.
    Guys, I agree with both of you. Just think what Browns fans would trade for a single championship.
    I believe they'd even let Art Modell into the HOF to get one... Bc