Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Judon signed franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    A couple of news outlets have been commenting on the possible impact of the virus on next years cap. I have read that the cap could either drop significantly next year or remain flat for the next few years. Could that possibly be impacting EDCs thinking when it comes to contracts for Judon and maybe extensions for Stanley and Hump as well? I mean if the team is looking at a 20-30 mil drop in next years cap or a flat cap for 2 or 3 seasons how can the team possibly pay some of these key players the money they are going to want coming of rookie deals?
    The thing is if the cap drops or stays flat, no one else is going to pull huge deals either. Player salaries have to go down in order to fill out a roster. It might be smart for the Ravens to wait until contracts start trending down.

You can 'play for money' AFTER you win the RING! Before you win the RING you have to play to WIN THE RING.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Same here, I like his motor. I cant believe people on here want Clowney over him.
    I was starting to think we might never agree on anything again. I also am a huge Judon fan. He has overachieved for his draft spot and still did well with Suggs gone and no superstar rushers to draw attention. And I think he's a huge part of team chemistry which I got from watching post-game banter last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I was starting to think we might never agree on anything again. I also am a huge Judon fan. He has overachieved for his draft spot and still did well with Suggs gone and no superstar rushers to draw attention. And I think he's a huge part of team chemistry which I got from watching post-game banter last year.
    Same here.

He's not an elite pass rusher, but he's damn good and, like Suggs, is more than just a pass rusher.

I'm glad he's staying a Raven for at least one more year, and I hope they can work out a longer deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ravens LB Matthew Judon signs $16.3M franchise tender :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anchise-tender

"I'd rather have a long-term deal for stability," Judon said in a text to ESPN's Josina Anderson after being tagged in March. "It is what it is. I feel like this is what many of us go through that are facing free agency. At the end of the day, I know I'm playing football next season."

" A fifth-round pick in 2016, Judon was one of three NFL defenders in 2019 to record at least 50 tackles, nine sacks, 30 quarterback hits and four forced fumbles. The others were Shaquil Barrett and T.J. Watt. "

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    " A fifth-round pick in 2016, Judon was one of three NFL defenders in 2019 to record at least 50 tackles, nine sacks, 30 quarterback hits and four forced fumbles. The others were Shaquil Barrett and T.J. Watt. "

... Bc
    I love the random "one of x players to" stat lines you see in articles sometimes, like this one. Lets arbitrarily pick a few numbers and see who met them. I don't mean anything bad by any means, just made me laugh. 4 FF, not 5, not 3, but 4. 9 sacks, not 10, not 8, but 9. Just always find it funny lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I love the random "one of x players to" stat lines you see in articles sometimes, like this one. Lets arbitrarily pick a few numbers and see who met them. I don't mean anything bad by any means, just made me laugh. 4 FF, not 5, not 3, but 4. 9 sacks, not 10, not 8, but 9. Just always find it funny lol.
    I couldn't agree more. When cherry picking stats you can (as you suggested) make them look any way you want. I did get a chuckle from the 9, not 10, sacks too... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Same here.

He's not an elite pass rusher, but he's damn good and, like Suggs, is more than just a pass rusher.

I'm glad he's staying a Raven for at least one more year, and I hope they can work out a longer deal.

Judon is in his prime and I don't think he's as good as prime Suggs was at other areas besides pass rush.

Blog Entries

It's great that the Ravens have this option. So many times in the recent past they've been close enough to the cap that the idea of franchising an having to get a deal done just wasn't possible. I still remember Ray Rice coming to minutes before the July 15th deadline for a deal that had to happen on the Ravens would be in an impossible cap situation and have to cut some players they didn't want to.

Now they can keep Judon tagged for the year and while it makes things tight it didn't impact bringing in Campbell or Wolfe or face them to make some cuts. The team has the flexibility to wait and let the offseason present itself with all the options without having to sign or cut Judon. Playing a year under the tag is not a bad thing for him or the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Judon is in his prime and I don't think he's as good as prime Suggs was at other areas besides pass rush.
    I wasn't claiming he was as good as Suggs, just that, like Suggs, he does more than rush the passer. He's tasked with doing more in this defense.

Blog Entries

I like Judon. I think he's a good fit for this defense and I think he's a good locker room guy. Everyone around him clearly likes playing with him.

My issue is that in this day-and-age in the NFL, good players have a habit of getting paid as great players because there isn't anyone else better on the market.

Judon is a good player and when he's on, he's a really good player. He's not, however, a great player. It's bad business to pay someone as a great player when they're merely a good player.

Joe Flacco, as much as I'm a fan, is a good example of this. Joe was a good QB, but he was never a great QB....and the Ravens paid him like he was a great QB. The Niners just did this with Jimmy Garappolo. Jimmy-G is a good QB, but he's not a great QB.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Judon. I think he's a good fit for this defense and I think he's a good locker room guy. Everyone around him clearly likes playing with him.

My issue is that in this day-and-age in the NFL, good players have a habit of getting paid as great players because there isn't anyone else better on the market.

Judon is a good player and when he's on, he's a really good player. He's not, however, a great player. It's bad business to pay someone as a great player when they're merely a good player.

Joe Flacco, as much as I'm a fan, is a good example of this. Joe was a good QB, but he was never a great QB....and the Ravens paid him like he was a great QB. The Niners just did this with Jimmy Garappolo. Jimmy-G is a good QB, but he's not a great QB.
    Excellent observation, but I think Judon could get better. Flacco peaked before he got paid, he got paid after the fact.