Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Does Biden really have a chance? I mean.... do you REALLY believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    When we have a newborn, the doctor tells us to limit the folks in your house to protect the child as their immune system grows and gets stronger. We do it because we take precautions for the ones we love. If a cousin had a cold, we keep that family member from the baby.

This situation. A grandmother goes the CVS to pick up her meds. Her immune system isn't as strong as it used to be. Should we love thy neighbor and offer the same protections for her, while we going through this pandemic? It's not going to be this way forever...

That's how I've convinced myself to wear a mask in public

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I wear a mask when asked to by the place I'm in. I do not require them in my own business as it is not necessary. You want to know the biggest thing we can do to protect the most prone to this? Quarantine senior living facilities and workers for those facilities. Imagine if all of the stuff we did, instead, the entire nation focused on making sure the most prone to the disease were quarantined and protected? Food drives, Sanitation protocols, additional medical staff... we'd have avoided about 40% of the total deaths. i believe I read that the average age of a COVID death is 76 years old? Sooo... there is no reason to shut down playgrounds, public pools, retail, grocery stores, or really any businesses... just be hyper focused on protecting the elderly. We could have sectioned off areas of hospitals to take in the poor elderly that couldn't afford to be in a home.

Instead... were all wearing masks like idiots afraid to get something you have a 0.2% chance of getting and a 0.001% chance of dying from if you are a normal healthy or even quasi-unhealthy middle aged individual. Were actually doing society a massive disservice by doing what we are doing, and prolonging the inevitable...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

When we have a newborn, the doctor tells us to limit the folks in your house to protect the child as their immune system grows and gets stronger. We do it because we take precautions for the ones we love. If a cousin had a cold, we keep that family member from the baby.

This situation. A grandmother goes the CVS to pick up her meds. Her immune system isn't as strong as it used to be. Should we love thy neighbor and offer the same protections for her, while we going through this pandemic? It's not going to be this way forever...

That's how I've convinced myself to wear a mask in public

Yeah, I'm not really coming in to contact with anyone high risk. My daughter has asthma but her immune system is pretty strong.

If I had folks who were high risk around me I would probably wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Instead... were all wearing masks like idiots afraid to get something you have a 0.2% chance of getting and a 0.001% chance of dying from if you are a normal healthy or even quasi-unhealthy middle aged individual. Were actually doing society a massive disservice by doing what we are doing, and prolonging the inevitable...
    So in my world, I have 1 external, not immediate, family member die over this. Two Inlaws in Dallas who were out on reperators (55, 47 years old). One of my best friends who had it, shut him down for a month. And several friends who have had family members really sick and a couple died. I don't know how that fits in with percentages, but it smacks reality in my face.

I don't know anyone who has been shot. I know two peoole who have died in a car accident. This is during the whole 47 years I've been breathing. This has only been 3 months.

So from my perspective, I'll take precautions. I'll be in my latex gloves and new Ravens masks at the stadium on Sundays. No eating and drinking, just watching.

So in my world, I have 1 external, not immediate, family member die over this. Two Inlaws in Dallas who were out on reperators (55, 47 years old). One of my best friends who had it, shut him down for a month. And several friends who have had family members really sick and a couple died. I don't know how that fits in with percentages, but it smacks reality in my face.

I don't know anyone who has been shot. I know two peoole who have died in a car accident. This is during the whole 47 years I've been breathing. This has only been 3 months.

So from my perspective, I'll take precautions. I'll be in my latex gloves and new Ravens masks at the stadium on Sundays. No eating and drinking, just watching.

I'm never going to tell someone not to do what makes them feel comfortable... forced compliance was mostly MY perspective.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Someone made a really good point. During this upcoming election, Donald Trump will run on what he has done for the last three years. Joe Biden has been in government for 40 years and will run on "what he wants to do". Everything else will be innuendo and media holding Joe's water and not letting it slip that he's senile and SUPER bigoted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    MY anecdotal polling says Biden would not win.

Asked a friend who he and his wife HATE Trump, said they wouldn't vote or write in if it's between Biden and Trump.
    I rarely wade into this side of the fence on the forum, but my wife and I feel somewhat similar. I don't hate anyone but I would vote Dem if it wasn't Biden. I cannot believe they sold out again and picked the worst possible candidate. Hillary wasn't available?

I do agree that they'll find a reason to switch candidates, they better or they'll lose again...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I rarely wade into this side of the fence on the forum, but my wife and I feel somewhat similar. I don't hate anyone but I would vote Dem if it wasn't Biden. I cannot believe they sold out again and picked the worst possible candidate. Hillary wasn't available?

I do agree that they'll find a reason to switch candidates, they better or they'll lose again...
    Once people like Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren tanked, they packed it in.

I'm just really stunned at their blatant disdain for Bernie Sanders.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Don't be surprised if Hillary ends up being the candidate if Biden is replaced. They both have one thing in common, the more they are out talking in public, the less they are liked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Once people like Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren tanked, they packed it in.

I'm just really stunned at their blatant disdain for Bernie Sanders.
    I think even though the left agree with crazy Bernie's policies, they felt he had no chance to beat Trump. Biden has the name and the black vote, just not his mind anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I think even though the left agree with crazy Bernie's policies, they felt he had no chance to beat Trump. Biden has the name and the black vote, just not his mind anymore.
    Bernie had WAY more of a chance to beat Trump than Biden. Way more.

Bernie isn’t an establishment guy. That’s why he will never win the DNC over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

With Biden making a sharp left turn and losing his mind to boot, I think your right, but not sure a year ago that could be said when he was considered a moderate.

Bernie would have beaten Trump in 2016 and has as good a chance as any to best him in 2020z.
    But as you said, he’s not a DNC yes man so he won’t get the chance.