Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Does Biden really have a chance? I mean.... do you REALLY believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Every one of those is a blue state. What is hilarious is the Democrat could those but lose the electoral votes of that state if Trump wins the popular vote.

This can only hurt the Democrats.
    What I'm confused about is that all of the laws constituting individual voting rights states that their right to vote should not be "abridged" by the federal or state government.
    Abridged, in constitutional terms means: "to diminish or reduce in scope no State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"

If a state takes in all of their votes, and finds they voted for Trump, but decide to elect a different candidate, then how have you not abridged your voters rights within your state?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I want to ask a few questions about your response.

You say Trump supporters will riot, but can you provide any examples of Republicans rioting over anything? Anything at all? We do occasionally meet en masse, but rioting has never been on the agenda, as far as I know.

Then you mention the President calling the Wuhan flu a hoax. Could you show where he called it a hoax, because that particular lie has been proven false a million times.

You don't like the divide that has occurred in the US since Trump took office. Are you willing to concede that it the liberals most at fault for this divide? Take into account situations like the Covington kids.
    The riot comment was my attempt of being funny, obviously a fail. What I meant was his supporters going ape shit over the loss.

My comment was specific to some of his supporters feeling the COVID is overblown. Didn't mention anything about a hoax. I'm talking about the reasons why folks arent wearing masks and how it's become a culture war. Those folks think it's overblown and their freedoms are being taken away. When the man in charge insinuates weakness if you wear masks...the sheep will follow. And those folks will use COVID and their feelings of it being overhyped as a reason for the loss. There was no hoax in that comment. A couple months back someone threw at me about why I wasn't complaining when Obama Admin lost 15k during his pandemic. We over 100K.

There is no most responsible. Trump, media, right, and left equally responsible. No one is innocent here. Trump purposely sends a tweet to generate a response, the media should be smart enough not to bite. In both incidences, the parties have malintent. Meanwhile, you have regular folks in the crossfire getting brainwashed on both sides of the political isle. It's effed up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    The riot comment was my attempt of being funny, obviously a fail. What I meant was his supporters going ape shit over the loss.

My comment was specific to some of his supporters feeling the COVID is overblown. Didn't mention anything about a hoax. I'm talking about the reasons why folks arent wearing masks and how it's become a culture war. Those folks think it's overblown and their freedoms are being taken away. When the man in charge insinuates weakness if you wear masks...the sheep will follow. And those folks will use COVID and their feelings of it being overhyped as a reason for the loss. There was no hoax in that comment. A couple months back someone threw at me about why I wasn't complaining when Obama Admin lost 15k during his pandemic. We over 100K.

There is no most responsible. Trump, media, right, and left equally responsible. No one is innocent here. Trump purposely sends a tweet to generate a response, the media should be smart enough not to bite. In both incidences, the parties have malintent. Meanwhile, you have regular folks in the crossfire getting brainwashed on both sides of the political isle. It's effed up.

I don't wear a mask not because the virus is nothing, but I want to be breathing in what's out there in the world, it's how we develop an immune system to fight viruses like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post

It is intentionally created BY the media to make you think it is Trump. The guy hasn't done anything wrong really. I don't like his tone, but I will say this... I did not vote for Trump... I voted Libertarian. Democrats and their complete insanity have pushed me to be incredibly supportive of Trump's presidency. You want to know why? He's a f'ing good president that has knocked it out of the park with his domestic and international policies, and the hatred that has been thrown at him by the media would have destroyed any person in DC... that dude is taking it on the chin every day both verbally and financially just because he is doing what he believes is right. You want to find some racists? Want to find some sexists? Look no further than the media and hollywood... the same people calling Trump divisive and disgusting....
    When I read commentary like this about the media, I get it. I really do. But what I don't understand is why folks don't include radio as media. The Rush and Levin's off the world. These outlets reach millions and their ideologies are deep rooted with their followers. Broadcasted and spreading their thoughts across the country for years. You can tell me that these guys aren't forming resentment among the masses with the things they say. This plays apart in our divide. I say moreso as they have daily, consistent ability to sway folks. The left have their cast of characters as well. However, the right owns the radio.

The MSM is the easy target, while the radio can change hearts and minds in the shadows.

Trump absolutely never said wearing a mask constitutes weakness. Most conservatives I know say the exact same thing, and it isn't even close to your nonsense: Covid IS a thing, but the response hasn't made sense. Lockdowns, quarantines, forced mask wearing. Think that through for a second: There is a HIGHLY contagious, dangerous virus right now... so the smartest thing to do is shut down everything, and consolidate all people into the exact same grocery stores? That makes sense to you? In the meantime, the government, who said they'd take care of small business throughout this, tossed us $1,200 and a loan program that I don't know of ONE single small business owner actually got. We applied for PPP on DAY 1... and the government just checked our credit a week ago... had we not offered an essential service, we'd be filing foreclosure already. Also, you are doing what all liberals do when they are wrong (which you absolutely are)... "Well the whole system sucks!" or "Were voting for the lesser of two evils!".... no... that is false. At this point, if you are voting liberal, you are choosing evil... period. Stop. Biden represents everything you say you hate, and you are equating him to a choice. That is ridiculous.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Thank you.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

When I read commentary like this about the media, I get it. I really do. But what I don't understand is why folks don't include radio as media. The Rush and Levin's off the world. These outlets reach millions and their ideologies are deep rooted with their followers. Broadcasted and spreading their thoughts across the country for years. You can tell me that these guys aren't forming resentment among the masses with the things they say. This plays apart in our divide. I say moreso as they have daily, consistent ability to sway folks. The left have their cast of characters as well. However, the right owns the radio.

The MSM is the easy target, while the radio can change hearts and minds in the shadows.

Have you ever listened to either of those programs from beginning to end? Mark Levin is an anti-establishment, pro-constitutional conservative orthodox jew... He actually served in the department of justice, and is a legal/law scholar. Rush Limbaugh's show is mostly joking and making light of stuff, but he has his place in calling out liberal media, and playing clips of liberals lying to their constituents.

Rush Limbaugh is a little dated, but he rose to prominence really under Clinton, because every Newspaper in America had front page news of something amazing Clinton did, and a last-page article basically saying that the outcomes of his last action were actually really terrible, or having to retract their last weeks story for mostly being false. Rush rose to prominence when he started pointing out to people that the newspapers were lying to people................ and he was 100% correct. Now, his show is mostly whimsical... he just makes light of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't wear a mask not because the virus is nothing, but I want to be breathing in what's out there in the world, it's how we develop an immune system to fight viruses like this.
    When we have a newborn, the doctor tells us to limit the folks in your house to protect the child as their immune system grows and gets stronger. We do it because we take precautions for the ones we love. If a cousin had a cold, we keep that family member from the baby.

This situation. A grandmother goes the CVS to pick up her meds. Her immune system isn't as strong as it used to be. Should we love thy neighbor and offer the same protections for her, while we going through this pandemic? It's not going to be this way forever...

That's how I've convinced myself to wear a mask in public

A couple months back someone threw at me about why I wasn't complaining when Obama Admin lost 15k during his pandemic. We over 100K.
    This is a lie.

You were claiming that Trump didn’t act quick enough when the virus started. By comparison his predecessor waited until thousands were dead and millions infected before he acted...yet, you either didn’t know that or you did and were ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This is a lie.

You were claiming that Trump didn’t act quick enough when the virus started. By comparison his predecessor waited until thousands were dead and millions infected before he acted...yet, you either didn’t know that or you did and were ignoring it.
    So the someone was Rave

I'll just say this. We see how it worked when he only blocked SOME of the Chinese folks to prevent the Chinese virus from coming in this country. No action on the Europeans. So in my mind playing revisionist history, it was just an attempt to act like we are doing something. Yes, the evil Dems cried bloody murder for the action he took. That doesn't matter though, he is the president, it doesn't matter what others not in charge say.

My apologies for not remembering correctly

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Have you ever listened to either of those programs from beginning to end? Mark Levin is an anti-establishment, pro-constitutional conservative orthodox jew... He actually served in the department of justice, and is a legal/law scholar. Rush Limbaugh's show is mostly joking and making light of stuff, but he has his place in calling out liberal media, and playing clips of liberals lying to their constituents.

Rush Limbaugh is a little dated, but he rose to prominence really under Clinton, because every Newspaper in America had front page news of something amazing Clinton did, and a last-page article basically saying that the outcomes of his last action were actually really terrible, or having to retract their last weeks story for mostly being false. Rush rose to prominence when he started pointing out to people that the newspapers were lying to people................ and he was 100% correct. Now, his show is mostly whimsical... he just makes light of everything.
    I haven't listened. I admit, I've just read transcripts or heard short SoundCloud type clips. So obviously that means I am always hearing the worst of it.

So the someone was Rave

I'll just say this. We see how it worked when he only blocked SOME of the Chinese folks to prevent the Chinese virus from coming in this country. No action on the Europeans. So in my mind playing revisionist history, it was just an attempt to act like we are doing something. Yes, the evil Dems cried bloody murder for the action he took. That doesn't matter though, he is the president, it doesn't matter what others not in charge say.

My apologies for not remembering correctly

They are different viruses: Coronavirus has a higher mortality rate and infection rate... on top of which, the CDC during Obama's pandemic, weren't counting gunshot victims as virus deaths either. The CDC has done everything possible to pad the numbers and make this look worse. There are now thousands of doctors across the US saying that the CDC is lying about the numbers... and that what they are being directed to do by the AMA is to lie to the public. So... these are not similar circumstances for one... but yes... Obama was not quick to react.