Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Does Biden really have a chance? I mean.... do you REALLY believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    somewhat related, they are bailing out the airlines again with $25B package all while each of them prepares for major layoffs. There should be a tie to getting money and providing it to the workers IMO. Not just propping up the shareholders
    There is a difficult balancing act with these industries we need once this is over, it that no one in their right mind would currently patronize.
    I don’t know the answer, this one is over my pay-grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I secured a PPP loan to keep my employees employed, and have done so; I dont believe I will ultimately even need the PPP funding, butbthere were too many uncertainties when this all began to known for sure. It was not a bailout but a loan with restrictions. Big business should not be exempt, as they often are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    What I'm confused about is that all of the laws constituting individual voting rights states that their right to vote should not be "abridged" by the federal or state government.
    Abridged, in constitutional terms means: "to diminish or reduce in scope no State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"

If a state takes in all of their votes, and finds they voted for Trump, but decide to elect a different candidate, then how have you not abridged your voters rights within your state?
    There definitely is a question of constitutionality but as long as it can only hurt Democrats I won't take issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    Totally agree. I secured a PPP loan to keep my employees employed, and have done so; I dont believe I will ultimately even need the PPP funding, butbthere were too many uncertainties when this all began to known for sure. It was not a bailout but a loan with restrictions. Big business should not be exempt, as they often are.

You are legitimately the first business owner I've heard of that succeeded at getting one.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt you, though I haven't looked at numbers of businesses locally received them. I have heard anedlcdotally about many businesses who were denied. Two of my buddies got theirs as well, and we are all in defense contracting. I don't think that has anything to do with it, just an observation.

Just got word I was denied for a Covid loan from the state of MD because they ran out of money after the first 2 days of applications. I applied around 5 days in, and it took them 2 months to notify me. Very efficient system. Fortunately, I was not going to accept the money if I got the loan, so moot point.

I appreciate what they are attempting to do, even as a small-government conservative, but when demand outstrips supply one thousand-fold, it either highlights that people are gaming the system, or the need and dire nature of the economy is MUCH greater than being let on.

Last edited by Don Frye's Moustache; 05-31-2020 at 02:50 PM.

I counted Biden out months ago, but Trump is now basically declaring Marshal law and he just had that weird photo op with the Bible in front of the church.....I'm so lost.

Hopefully, the DNC uses this opportunity to sneak Yang, Bernie, or Tulsi back in there lol.
    Last edited by bandc; 06-01-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Joe Biden wants cops to shoot an unarmed person coming at them with a knife in the leg.

“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said in an address to black community leaders in Wilmington, Del.

First, an "unarmed" person with a knife or something coming at you? huh?

Second, I'm sure black leaders feel much better knowing cops will just aim for a leg. smh Why is Joe is assuming they will commit a crime? How about a better economy and jobs instead of aiming at a leg Joe?

Third, it's the cop's life also. They need to aim where they will be assured to hit. (Captain Obvious, right?)

Fourth, Democrats really need to come up with someone better, Warren? Harris? Yang? Buttigieg? I'm no fan of any of them. But c'mon Dems, Joe needs to retire and enjoy life.

If Biden...or whoever the DNC nominee is...starts supporting the notion of “defunding the police”...Trump will win 47 states.

9. Re: Does Biden really have a chance? I mean.... do you REALLY believe that?

Just in case anyone might have missed it, Hillary lost her appeal. I know it was plastered all over the front page news and everyone probably saw it, but here is a recap.

https://whereisthebuzz.com/hillary-c...peal-in-court/

10. Re: Does Biden really have a chance? I mean.... do you REALLY believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Joe Biden wants cops to shoot an unarmed person coming at them with a knife in the leg.

“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said in an address to black community leaders in Wilmington, Del.

First, an "unarmed" person with a knife or something coming at you? huh?

Second, I'm sure black leaders feel much better knowing cops will just aim for a leg. smh Why is Joe is assuming they will commit a crime? How about a better economy and jobs instead of aiming at a leg Joe?

Third, it's the cop's life also. They need to aim where they will be assured to hit. (Captain Obvious, right?)

Fourth, Democrats really need to come up with someone better, Warren? Harris? Yang? Buttigieg? I'm no fan of any of them. But c'mon Dems, Joe needs to retire and enjoy life.
    All police are taught and rightfully so, to neutralize the threat. Period. If sleepy Joe had any inkling whatsoever what the hell he was spouting, he'd shut the hell up.

Until the last 2 weeks, I thought Trump would likely win. Now, I think Biden has a good chance. Trump is a disaster - I don't think he can come back from this. Biden would be an arguably slightly lesser disaster. Two elections in a row where both choices have been absolute turds. I'll be abstaining again for the office of POTUS.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Until the last 2 weeks, I thought Trump would likely win. Now, I think Biden has a good chance. Trump is a disaster - I don't think he can come back from this. Biden would be an arguably slightly lesser disaster. Two elections in a row where both choices have been absolute turds. I'll be abstaining again for the office of POTUS.
    The poor guy is senile, he can't even complete a sentence without stumbling over himself.