You were less obvious this time. Well played. Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Lol thank you I wanted my return to be low key

Re: Lamar to Host Additional Workouts

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yes sir lol

Blog Entries

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I am sure Lamar is working hard
    There is no doubt in my mind that he's putting in work that isn't on social media

BUT

Judging only from the video available...and I know it probably doesn't mean that anything....but when I look at the workouts that other QBs are doing in the couple of vids posted prior to this one

(even Roberto)

I want Lamar to workout on an actual football field, practicing with receivers working on running real routes and I would like some of those sessions with pads on

Just a thought that crossed my mind when watching Lamar's workouts compared w/ the other QBs workout vids out there

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I want Lamar to workout on an actual football field, practicing with receivers working on running real routes and I would like some of those sessions with pads on

Just a thought that crossed my mind when watching Lamar's workouts compared w/ the other QBs workout vids out there
    This is similar to stuff you & I have disagreed about in the past. I suspect Lamar's more spontaneous seeming workout venues – neighborhood park, on a beach – do more for him than the workouts in more organized settings we see from RG3 and this helicopter. I'm heavily influenced by reading about contextual interfence in skills acquisition. But rather than reaching for theory, maybe some analogies might help justify the impression a little.

It's like the difference between American suburban kids learning to play soccer in organized camp settings, with orange cones and adults directing the activity, vs kids learning to play futbol in Brazil with the other neighborhood kids, using an improvised ball and whatever patch of mostly flat area they can find. What group is going to produce the better players?

Think of Rocky, when the champ is working with his sparring partners, and Balboa is beating up sides of beef in the fridge. Or Rocky 3, when Balboa has his fancy training center while Clubber Lang is killing himself on his improvised pull-up bar.

It's not the venue and the equipment that make the training effective.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

It's not the venue and the equipment that make the training effective.
    Turning you ankle or blowing your knee because you were running and stepped in a gopher hole in some marginally maintained public park or were goofing around in slides is more what I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Turning you ankle or blowing your knee because you were running and stepped in a gopher hole in some marginally maintained public park or were goofing around in slides is more what I'm worried about.
    Fair. I can barely wrap my mind around how much that would suck.

Blog Entries

...It's not the venue and the equipment that make the training effective.
    Agreed. But if you think that was the point of my post then something was lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Agreed. But if you think that was the point of my post then something was lost in translation.
    I thought it was part of the point. You wanted a real field with real yardlines, among other things.

Blog Entries

I thought it was part of the point. You wanted a real field with real yardlines, among other things.
    Response was shorter then I intended but my sons got a haircut appointment Woohoo!

More succinctly, I think the work that Brady and Russell are putting with their teammates is more valuable then the work (I've seen) Lamar putting in.

The passing game is largely about precision and timing.
    The closer you can get to game conditions the better the quality of the work.
    If the receivers aren't running full routes, if the receivers don't have the yardage and boundary demarcations, if the QB isn't drilling game specific skills, if the QB isn't in pads then it reduces the quality of the work.
    Sure they getting reps running, passing and catching.
    But Brady and Russell are practicing that way for reason, if they thought they could get the same quality work without pads, without yardage demarcations and without receivers running full routes i'm sure they would rather do it that way.

If you're putting in work get the most out of it is all.
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-26-2020 at 05:03 PM.