Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    :55 in this video is when I knew there was no hope for him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oES0FMx3k4Q
    In fairness he got smashed there. He had other worse dropped int

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    In fairness he got smashed there. He had other worse dropped int
    ...the ball was out well before he was hit. I won't argue that there are other potentially worse instances of him hot potato'ing the ball to the other team, but this wasn't because he got hit lol. He did nothing to warrant getting that benefit of the doubt from me in any case.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

None of what you’re saying has anything to do with the OP. Agholor is undeniably one of the “better” WRs from that class as well, and he has drops that are even more egregious than Perriman.

Aside from the clickbait-y title, which he has said was tongue in cheek, the point of the thread wasn’t to say that ACTUALLY Perriman was a good pick. It’s simply to point out how impossibly bad that WR class turned out, and, improbably, Perriman has become one of the least useless WRs in the class.

He’s never going to be someone you can count on as a go-to WR, but he’s going to have a solid career as a complementary big play threat. He was a waste of a pick here, no one is saying otherwise.

I wonder if the Perriman pick was the result of Ozzie sort of feeling a bit stuck in the corner there due to the need? That would go against the BPA route he almost always went with though.

I remember hating Perriman the prospect as he seemed like a Raiders type of pick at the time.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wonder if the Perriman pick was the result of Ozzie sort of feeling a bit stuck in the corner there due to the need? That would go against the BPA route he almost always went with though.

I remember hating Perriman the prospect as he seemed like a Raiders type of pick at the time.
    Looking back on that draft in its entirety it wasn't a very good class to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    None of what you’re saying has anything to do with the OP. Agholor is undeniably one of the “better” WRs from that class as well, and he has drops that are even more egregious than Perriman.

Aside from the clickbait-y title, which he has said was tongue in cheek, the point of the thread wasn’t to say that ACTUALLY Perriman was a good pick. It’s simply to point out how impossibly bad that WR class turned out, and, improbably, Perriman has become one of the least useless WRs in the class.

He’s never going to be someone you can count on as a go-to WR, but he’s going to have a solid career as a complementary big play threat. He was a waste of a pick here, no one is saying otherwise.
    Spot on NJ!

For as much as many of us hated the Perriman pick, all I'm saying is holy shite that was an awful class and surprisingly, 4 years later, Perriman was somehow NOT the worst pick they could have made...even through the 1st 2 rounds. I find that to be astounding considering that he was an absolute bust. That class was so bad that even the Steelers got it wrong at the position.

I for one, was one of the few that thought he was going to actually exceed the expectations and do well in the NFL. With his pedigree and a year or two with SSR, I thought he would wind up being the 2nd best behind Cooper. Figured if he could succeed at UCF with Blake Bortles, he could at a minimum be the second coming of Torrey Smith here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

It really feels like it was a need pick.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Was absolutely a need pick. Their other receivers going into that year - which ended up being their receivers anyway because Perriman couldn't get on the field - were Sr. and literally nothing. I mean after Sr. got hurt halfway through, their "#2" WR options were Jeremy Butler, Marlon Brown, and Chris Givens. And their top guy at that point was Kamar Aiken lol. WR was as per the usual under Ozzie at the top of the need list in the 2015 draft.

Someone already mentioned it but Ozzie backed himself into a corner after 2014. All those good to great receivers that he passed on then. Taking Mosley over Cooks is the right move in hindsight just based on Mosley being a better player even though I think Cooks would have *probably* done more as far as W/L goes in that same time frame, but then taking Jernigan over Adams, Landry, and Robinson...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    It definitely was...not sure why it matters though. The only other 1st round pick I can remember not being a need pick for the Ravens was Todd Heap, and even that could be argued knowing Shannon was nearing the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    It definitely was...not sure why it matters though. The only other 1st round pick I can remember not being a need pick for the Ravens was Todd Heap, and even that could be argued knowing Shannon was nearing the end.
    Ogden was taken as BPA. If the Ravens really went need they would have picked Lawrence Phillips and Ozzie even had to talk Art out of drafting Phillips. Ogden played left guard as a rookie because Tony Jones was still the LT.

If Ozzie didn't draft Perriman in the first round and instead drafted him in the 4th round he would be. He always had speed but lacked nuance in his route running which was something he should have picked up along his years in the league. Wished he'd figure things out sooner but then again playing with a mediocre QB and a team where receivers go to die was always going to be difficult for green receivers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Someone already mentioned it but Ozzie backed himself into a corner after 2014. All those good to great receivers that he passed on then. Taking Mosley over Cooks is the right move in hindsight just based on Mosley being a better player even though I think Cooks would have *probably* done more as far as W/L goes in that same time frame, but then taking Jernigan over Adams, Landry, and Robinson...
    Landry as a Raven would have been nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk