Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see how he'd play with Lamar
    Yeah. There was a play in 2017 (maybe the Titans game) when Perriman was open and Flacco looked at him and chose not to throw it to him. It was sometime after Perriman dropped a pass earlier in the game. Flacco lost confidence in him. Perriman went from disappointment, to decoy, to invisible man. Maybe the dynamic would have been different with Lamar.

Blog Entries

Thank god he never played with Lamar. Dude catches balls when there is nothing on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Thank god he never played with Lamar. Dude catches balls when there is nothing on the line.

Not his fault man... he was born with bricks for hands.

He does his best to overcome it... but they're bricks man... bricks...

(I don't know why everybody thinks his TB time was such a breakout... his catch % was really no better than his historical seasons... 52%... he just got a few more targets)

How crazy would it be if Darnold gets hurt and then Flacco and Perriman light he league up? There is a .00001% chance of it happening, but it would make for one hell of a story. Much better chance of seeing the patented Flacco to Perriman alley-oop to the opposing teams' defensive back.

There are an awful lot of ex-Ravens up there in Jersey these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Yeah. There was a play in 2017 (maybe the Titans game) when Perriman was open and Flacco looked at him and chose not to throw it to him. It was sometime after Perriman dropped a pass earlier in the game. Flacco lost confidence in him. Perriman went from disappointment, to decoy, to invisible man. Maybe the dynamic would have been different with Lamar.
    Isnt that the game two passes bounced of his hands and ended up interceptions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see how he'd play with Lamar
    It wouldn't have been any different with Lamar. It wasn't the QB's fault that a pass would hit him square in the hands and he would throw it up like he was playing hot potato right to a defensive back. Perriman was done as a Raven after that season, he would have never succeeded here under the pressure of being a 1st round pick and the expectations that come with that. Plus, the fans - at least in stadium - absolutely hated the guy. When he came back with the Browns in 2018, he was given the type of treatment usually reserved for guys like Billy Cundiff or Hines Ward. I was there and it was brutal. He was heavily booed every time he caught a pass or was shown in general. He needed to separate from the Ravens as much as the Ravens needed to separate from him.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He did that across multiple games in that 2017 season. You'll have to be more specific lol. Pretty sure he did it in the Bears game too on a sideline pass. Among many others.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    The Tenn game is definitely the one where that happened.

But I don't know if it’s the one that I'm thinking of. I'm going to guess that it was the next game. Perhaps Flacco and the coaches were willing to write off the Tenn game as a disaster and move on, only to move on to the “fool me twice, shame on me” game mentioned earlier.

Well didn't we draft perrimen the year after one of the better wr drafts. We typically have been late to the party on offense

Biggest mistakes both fans and coaches make is drafting based on numbers. I call it the Al Davis disease. Draft speed everywhere but fail to draft anything else.

Perriman has straight line speed. He did not run routes well. Did not use his body to shield off defenders. He had average or below average hand. He was a body catching wr which may work for a TE but does not work for a wr. Hence he could never be that hands wr who could pluck the ball out of the air or box out defenders like he was going up for a rebound. His injuries were just bad luck which I never blamed him for just like I never blamed Pita for his. Players get hurt. Often in freak ways that are nothing but bad luck.

But he was not the first mistake like this. We have drafted several qbs who had accuracy issues. You can fine tune them but you can not take a 50-55% passer and coach him up to 70-75%. Kyle Boiler ring a bell. Redmond was another.

Jimmy Johnson use to say you can’t coach speed and to most extent that’s true. But you also can’t coach high level skill without a decent starting point. Worse you can not do anything without a player who spends tons of time working at learning and getting better. And the final nail is you can’t fix stupid.

Blog Entries

:55 in this video is when I knew there was no hope for him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oES0FMx3k4Q
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

11. Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Couldn't believe at the time we gave a first for someone who gave me bad flashbacks of Donte Stallworth. Still hate that I wasn't wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    :55 in this video is when I knew there was no hope for him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oES0FMx3k4Q
    I like the way he just lay there like Randy from A Christmas Story. He wasn’t hurt, it was a defense mechanism against the shame.