Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why would you just compare the pick to other Wide Receivers? You could pick any position. It's not like Ozzie had to only pick among the WR group.
    There were a ton of players at other positions that have done far better than Perriman. I was only comparing to other WRs because that was clearly the need they were trying to fill and based on who they chose and how all the drafted WRs careers look thus far, they actually could have done worse. What a suck-ass class!

2015 - injured. Write it off.
    2016 - okay for a tantamount rookie season
    2017 - the anti-McPhee. Whereas I associate positive things happening whenever Pernell McPhee was on the field his first term here, it was just the opposite with Perriman.

He did well for a 2019 Bucs team consistently in come-from-behind mode.

He'll now have with the Jets the opportunity he's never had: to be a veteran with the opportunity and expectation to be a WR 1.

Bell will catch 70 passes out of the backfield. Crowder will convert third downs. Herndon seems to be effective. The opportunity is there for Perriman to replace Anderson as a deep threat and more. His competition is the perpetually injured Josh Doctson and the rookie Mims. I'll root for him so long as his interests don't conflict with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Props to Breshad, he's the first and only WR I can remember that has played significantly better once he left here. He was terrible here, but he always struck me as a kid who worked really had and dealt with lot while he was here and just couldn't put it together here.
    I had hoped he would stay in Tampa. I'm still rooting hard for Perriman to make a Pro Bowl!

If he does, then Ozzie would have finally drafted a Pro Bowl receiver.

I think Perriman has a much smaller shot with Gase/Darnold than with Arians. But hell, maybe. Darnold does have plenty of arm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    There were a ton of players at other positions that have done far better than Perriman. I was only comparing to other WRs because that was clearly the need they were trying to fill and based on who they chose and how all the drafted WRs careers look thus far, they actually could have done worse. What a suck-ass class!
    Suck-ass class is a good description. There are players there who were really good prospects like Kevin White, Jaelen Strong and Devin Smith who were just terrible players. I expected Doriel Green-Beckham to struggle but Strong after running very fast at the Combine looked like as solid as a WR 2 that I could remember. That never happened.

2019 was the opposite. The was a real mismatch of flawed looking receivers and a bunch of them looked great as rookies. In a do over many of those guys would be 1st round picks and high ones at that. It's amazing how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    2019 was the opposite. The was a real mismatch of flawed looking receivers and a bunch of them looked great as rookies. In a do over many of those guys would be 1st round picks and high ones at that. It's amazing how that works.
    I think the case with the 2019 WR class is it didn't have a top 15 pick in it. Otherwise I considered it fairly deep going in and I think it's proven that so far.

Taking the names out of it, I'm very glad the Ravens came away from these past two drafts with four new WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think the case with the 2019 WR class is it didn't have a top 15 pick in it. Otherwise I considered it fairly deep going in and I think it's proven that so far.

Taking the names out of it, I'm very glad the Ravens came away from these past two drafts with four new WRs.
    I still think AJ Brown could’ve been a top 15 pick. Hollywood definitely was without the lisfranc but given that I think he went in the right spot. Otherwise yeah. Weaker at the top, but excellent depth. And more of those depth picks than normal seem to already have hit (though who knows how many of those guys might turn out to have Jordan Matthews-type career arcs)

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I still think AJ Brown could’ve been a top 15 pick. Hollywood definitely was without the lisfranc but given that I think he went in the right spot. Otherwise yeah. Weaker at the top, but excellent depth. And more of those depth picks than normal seem to already have hit (though who knows how many of those guys might turn out to have Jordan Matthews-type career arcs)
    I really thought Jordan Matthews was going to be good

...and Josh Doctson
    ...and Jaelen Strong
    ...and Anthony Miller

but hey, maybe a WR falls off a cliff while others get healthy (Hakeem Butler, N'Keal Harry, Parris Campbell) or just improve (Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside). That of course includes Miles Boykin.

...and Josh Doctson
    ...and Jaelen Strong
    ...and Anthony Miller

but hey, maybe a WR falls off a cliff while others get healthy (Hakeem Butler, N'Keal Harry, Parris Campbell) or just improve (Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside). That of course includes Miles Boykin.
    I also thought that those guys were going to be good. Still have no idea what happened with Matthews.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

...and Josh Doctson
    ...and Jaelen Strong
    ...and Anthony Miller

I still like Ant Miller....hard to gauge him given who’s throwing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I still like Ant Miller....hard to gauge him given who’s throwing the ball.
    Yeah I'm being a bit harsh on him, he's definitely good enough to stick around in the league and maybe he breaks out.

Blog Entries

Uh yeah. Great guy but not a #1 draft pick. If he was 5th rounder maybe.

12. Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see how he'd play with Lamar
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all