Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

His 2017 was the worst season by a receiver I've ever seen honestly. The team was negatively impacting their chances of winning pretty much any time he was on the field. Whether you blame him or Flacco, the end result when throwing to BP in 2017 was almost always bad.

Good for him for turning into a guy who will hang around as depth for a while, it certainly didn't look like he would even become that, but "guy who hangs around as depth" is not what Ozzie drafted him for lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Brandon Stokley... but that probably has more to do with better QBs throwing to him.
    I don't think Brandon really improved as a player after he left. His issue was being able to stay on the field, and the FO just wasn't confident he'd be able to be healthy.

His walk year here he had 44.6 YPG. His average in Indy was 46.7, and his career average was 35.1.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Let's take a trip town memory lane...

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...L-Draft-Thread

Free advice for GM's.....

Don't draft college students whose hairline has already receded to the back of their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Props to Breshad, he's the first and only WR I can remember that has played significantly better once he left here. He was terrible here, but he always struck me as a kid who worked really had and dealt with lot while he was here and just couldn't put it together here.
    He just wasn't mentally, physically ready when we drafted him. Most guys don't get a second chance. He is an extremely rare exception to the rule in the NFL. I'm happy for him too. Wasted potential and regret are horrible things to live with. He's about at a point where he will be able to live with himself and even be proud of what he's achieved.

case study of why teams don't give up on high draft picks for 3-5 years.

having said that I was happy they dumped him. I was tired of waiting.

even if he produces now, his contracts will prbly he huge.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

yea he did. we drafted him to be a #1 he is barely a #3

Blog Entries

I still think it is fairly comical that we're still getting a bit worked up over a guy that put up moderately decent numbers in an offense that threw the ball more than any other team except the Rams last year. Furthermore, Had Mike Evans and Chris Godwin not gotten hurt, Breshad Perriman (at best) would have been the #3 on the Bucs.

ALSO...the Bucs had a TON of cap space and they could have easily kept Perriman. They didn't. What does that tell us?

This is not a player that is miraculously trending upwards after being in the league for 5 years. This is a boom-or-bust player that had (has?) pretty exceptional straight line speed, but lacks that nuanced athleticism that makes a really good NFL wide receiver. He's not a natural hands catcher. He doesn't change direction well. He's not a good route runner. These are all things that existed when he was in college and they still exist now.

The guy seems like a good person and I certainly am not going to begrudge him for hanging around in the league longer than many other 1st round busts have. However, even on the Jets, at best...Perriman is going to be the 3rd or 4th WR on their depth chart and may not even be in the Top-3 or 4 guys in terms of receptions when you consider how good of a receiver Le'Veon Bell is out of the backfield.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm going to still say that Ozzie missed on Perriman. Yes, it was a bad WR class (and a bad class in general) but a miss is a miss, and him becoming a #3 WR in Year 4 on his third team doesn't make up for the fact that he failed to come anywhere close to his potential here.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

So as the first round of the 2015 draft went along, the board by consensus saw Bud Dupree possibly fall to the Ravens at 26.

Once it got close, board members started naming names: Dupree, Shane Ray, Malcolm Brown, Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong, Landon Collins, and of course Breshad Perriman.

Then Pittsburgh takes Dupree. Board not surprised one bit. Still angry. Denver follows with Shane Ray. People start posting their pick-or-trade-down players. Malcolm Brown. Randy Gregory. Landon Collins. But the board starts feelin' Breshad Perriman. Lot of people not happy. A few defenders.

Then the pick is tipped. Then after the TV catches up, the Ravens take Perriman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Breshad Perriman has questionable hands and route running ability, so he's a perfect replacement for Torrey Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    That the Ravens made that pick so fast, means they like him a lot more than any of us do.

If we were going to reach for a WR, might as well have taken the best one still available DGB.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Great. Another fast receiver that can't catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a fan of Perriman.

Not pissed, but not happy either.

We just don't seem to have it together when it comes to who or when to draft WR.

At least BT will be happy I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegraven View Post
    im going to bed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    wow, really surprised they got him. No complaints here
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Perriman reminds me of Jacoby Jones. Insane speed but those hands...ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not really a fan. I can't say I hate it simply because they desperately need the WR help but from everything I've read he sounds just like a bigger Torrey Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I've said it before, but I think Perriman's hands are a symptom of his QBs sloppy spirals.
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Wtf!!!!! Sure get the 5th or 6th best wr instead of the 2nd best cb or the 2nd OLB. Fucking stupid. Hate this pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    I would have rather had Devin smith. Not thrilled with this pick...
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Perriman is a much better pure athlete than Torrey, so hopefully he can develop more diversity in his route running.

However, I think in 2 years he'll be very productive, but fans will complain that he's not a "complete" receiver, just like they did with Torrey.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I'm pissed. Sick of WRs with no hands or route running ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    wtf really? smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Love the pick. Thought maybe Devin Smith over Perriman but I guess they like Perrman more.
    Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    The talent is there, the hands are questionable. I'm iffy on this pick.
    The one poor guy who was really beating the Perriman drum was AlbionHero, so if he continues to improve and stack near-pro-bowl seasons, that's be consolation for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    So as the first round of the 2015 draft went along, the board by consensus saw Bud Dupree possibly fall to the Ravens at 26.

Once it got close, board members started naming names: Dupree, Shane Ray, Malcolm Brown, Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong, Landon Collins, and of course Breshad Perriman.

Then Pittsburgh takes Dupree. Board not surprised one bit. Still angry. Denver follows with Shane Ray. People start posting their pick-or-trade-down players. Malcolm Brown. Randy Gregory. Landon Collins. But the board starts feelin' Breshad Perriman. Lot of people not happy. A few defenders.

Then the pick is tipped. Then after the TV catches up, the Ravens take Perriman.

The one poor guy who was really beating the Perriman drum was AlbionHero, so if he continues to improve and stack near-pro-bowl seasons, that's be consolation for him.
    I think a lot of us tried to put on a happy face.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still think it is fairly comical that we're still getting a bit worked up over a guy that put up moderately decent numbers in an offense that threw the ball more than any other team except the Rams last year. Furthermore, Had Mike Evans and Chris Godwin not gotten hurt, Breshad Perriman (at best) would have been the #3 on the Bucs.

ALSO...the Bucs had a TON of cap space and they could have easily kept Perriman. They didn't. What does that tell us?

This is not a player that is miraculously trending upwards after being in the league for 5 years. This is a boom-or-bust player that had (has?) pretty exceptional straight line speed, but lacks that nuanced athleticism that makes a really good NFL wide receiver. He's not a natural hands catcher. He doesn't change direction well. He's not a good route runner. These are all things that existed when he was in college and they still exist now.

The guy seems like a good person and I certainly am not going to begrudge him for hanging around in the league longer than many other 1st round busts have. However, even on the Jets, at best...Perriman is going to be the 3rd or 4th WR on their depth chart and may not even be in the Top-3 or 4 guys in terms of receptions when you consider how good of a receiver Le'Veon Bell is out of the backfield.
    Oh I'm not worked up or even missing the guy. I just thought it was interesting that a draft class that saw 35 WRs drafted, the guy who was an unequivocal bust here is still in the top 20% of the guys taken at his position. I guess part of my point was that as bad as he was, we actually could have done WORSE...even in the 1st round. It was tongue-in-cheek in regards to Ozzie, sorry if anyone missed the sarcasm.