Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

OK OK, yes we know it was a catastrophe. But look back at that list....talk about the true definition of crapshoot!

I think Lockett and Diggs were the only guys drafted after Perriman that have had what you would deem a successful NFL career.

Waller seems headed that way, but we know that story.

2015_WRs.jpg

Re: Are We Sure Ozzie Got It Wrong with Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    See word "catastrophe" above.

However, stats wise(ugh) his career might be in the top 6 or 7 of the 35 WRs drafted that year. I'm too lazy to compile the list, but just eyeballing it I would think it would be something like:

Cooper
    Diggs
    Lockett
    Funchess
    Parker
    Algohlor

...Perriman?

I was so bummed watching the Bears draft Kevin White and lamenting the fact that the Ravens would never be in position to draft high enough to get a guy like that...was just reading an article today about how he wasn't going to let being a BUST define his life. I thought, good for him, but it got me thinking about Perriman and the fact that despite it all, he is still playing and White is basically out of football. Then I went back to look at that draft class

Props to Breshad, he's the first and only WR I can remember that has played significantly better once he left here. He was terrible here, but he always struck me as a kid who worked really had and dealt with lot while he was here and just couldn't put it together here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

However, stats wise(ugh) his career might be in the top 6 or 7 of the 35 WRs drafted that year. I'm too lazy to compile the list, but just eyeballing it I would think it would be something like:

Cooper
    Diggs
    Lockett
    Funchess
    Parker
    Algohlor

...Perriman?
    Funchess 2018 (2019 IR): 44/549/4
    Agholor 2019: 39/363/3
    Perriman 2019: 36/645/6

That was after a pretty absurd 13.6 yards/target in a smaller role in Cleveland in 2018. You’re right that he’s probably 7th looking at their careers so far, but he’s trending up while those two are trending down. Moving forward I’d for sure take him over anyone other than Diggs, Cooper, Lockett, and Parker.

He was an unequivocal bust here but if he stays healthy moving forward he’s gonna wind up having a solid career as a complementary player. And I’m happy for him, he always seemed like a good kid and a hard worker. Waste of a pick, but he didn’t draft himself, that was Ozzie.

It's an interesting turnaround. That said, it's telling we are commending 36/645/6 as a good season for a 1st rounder in his 4th season.

Not Arrieta to the Cubs level, but similar in that neither would have ever made it in Baltimore for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

OK OK, yes we know it was a catastrophe. But look back at that list....talk about the true definition of crapshoot!

I think Lockett and Diggs were the only guys drafted after Perriman that have had what you would deem a successful NFL career.

Waller seems headed that way, but we know that story.

2015_WRs.jpg
    DeVante Parker had a great year and looks to be coming into his own as a #1.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Cooper
    Diggs
    Lockett
    Funchess
    Parker
    Algohlor

...Perriman?
    I know he's been playing better and has made a lot of great plays last couple of years. I just hate to see people torture themselves about his success and what might have been.

I also just thought that link was funny.

He didn't work out for us. Fine. I am not giving it a second though.

Blog Entries

Why would you just compare the pick to other Wide Receivers? You could pick any position. It's not like Ozzie had to only pick among the WR group.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Props to Breshad, he's the first and only WR I can remember that has played significantly better once he left here. He was terrible here, but he always struck me as a kid who worked really had and dealt with lot while he was here and just couldn't put it together here.
    Brandon Stokley... but that probably has more to do with better QBs throwing to him.