Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

And now New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy has announced that, effective today, all professional sports teams in the state can begin training camps while following necessary health protocols.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Even with a 1/5th or smaller crowd, people have to pee. Add hundreds of porta-pots to address the half-time surge, as there should be a monitor at the entrance to each restroom (as well as inside and outside).

Security lines would have to provide for 6' distancing, which would necessitate 4 hour pregame stadium entry.

Six foot distancing for food lines? No beer vendors to come into contact with beer-guzzling fans? Call me cynical, pessimistic, Old Man Yells at Clouds, whatever: there's no way that the Ravens will play before a live crowd this season

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    possibly tarp over some seats to avoid people moving to better vantage points.

Also, those fans with weather-exposed seats climb back to the protected seats, i.e. to where I sit, where it is protected by upper deck overhang. Really annoying!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I think empty stadiums could be awesome. If you watched any of the XFL you could hear the play calls, hear the team chat on the sidelines, hear the strategy discussions. That would be a great addition

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I agree, even in a regular broadcast you catch an expletive every now and then. Gonna be hard to control in a quiet atmosphere. If a preseason occurs at all, I'm assuming they'll play around with a few different options.

The more I think about it, the more I can see piping noise into the stadium itself as a decent option. Simulating conditions for home team environments. It would have to be loudness levels mandated by the league for certain situations and overseen by a league technician, but it could solve the broadcast issue, keep the stadium feel for players and coaches, and somewhat keep that advantage of playing home vs away games. It's already been done illegally by the Falcons. Definitely not impossible to pull off.
    They'll just get a panel from each team on zoom, just like the draft

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Even with a 1/5th or smaller crowd, people have to pee. Add hundreds of porta-pots to address the half-time surge, as there should be a monitor at the entrance to each restroom (as well as inside and outside).

Security lines would have to provide for 6' distancing, which would necessitate 4 hour pregame stadium entry.

Six foot distancing for food lines? No beer vendors to come into contact with beer-guzzling fans? Call me cynical, pessimistic, Old Man Yells at Clouds, whatever: there's no way that the Ravens will play before a live crowd this season

Also, those fans with weather-exposed seats climb back to the protected seats, i.e. to where I sit, where it is protected by upper deck overhang. Really annoying!
    You're right T. There are simply too many variables let alone expecting the public to know and adhere to all of them.

Then the fights and panic when one person enters another's bubble accidentally and coughs

Blog Entries

Just read an article about a Tunisian soccer club. They use giant speakers and fans can download an app to cheer, yell whatever. The more that join it gets louder

7. Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    You're right T. There are simply too many variables let alone expecting the public to know and adhere to all of them.

Then the fights and panic when one person enters another's bubble accidentally and coughs
    Kinda reminds me of the old Seinfeld episode w/the bubble boy. Maybe you're onto something. 6' bubbles. I can see the fans sitting around in their bubbles now.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    A laugh track might still be OK for Cleveland games.
    Or the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the old Seinfeld episode w/the bubble boy. Maybe you're onto something. 6' bubbles. I can see the fans sitting around in their bubbles now.
    Test case :

We'll see... Bc

welp, if thousands of people can gather in the streets for a protest, there should not be any issues with thousands of fans attending a football game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    welp, if thousands of people can gather in the streets for a protest, there should not be any issues with thousands of fans attending a football game
    I've seen where many cities have said they expect spikes because of the protests, so no, not exactly.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52