Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

Man I hope there is a season.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Man I hope there is a season.
    Gj85, me too. I'd luv to see a Ravens - Packers Super Bowl. How 'bout you? ... Bc

Blog Entries

If I have to sign a waiver to merely sit in the stands then the NFL is telling me they don't think it's safe.

Do not pipe noise in. Perhaps we'll be able to hear the players on the field communicate which should be interesting.

A lottery for tickets would have to start with PSL holders. The social distancing can't just be seats next to you, the distance has to involve the seats directly behind you as well.

Don't serve alcohol.

If the NFL does implement these procedures, I hope the option to get a refund or credit if you choose not go is available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post

A lottery for tickets would have to start with PSL holders. The social distancing can't just be seats next to you, the distance has to involve the seats directly behind you as well...
    Yeah, I'm not even sure one row would cut it. I think the seats two rows behind you are probably still within 6 ft.

They would have to essentially re-draw a seating chart for the whole venue and sell only certain seats -- possibly tarp over some seats to avoid people moving to better vantage points. Seems like a logistical nightmare, but I could see them doing it if they anticipate this being a long-term (several years) situation.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Gj85, me too. I'd luv to see a Ravens - Packers Super Bowl. How 'bout you? ... Bc
    Hope so too. We love you guys.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Hope so too. We love you guys.

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

... Bc
    Packers Ravens would be a great game. Right now you guys are the better team.

If we're already generating and allowing these type of crowds in May then what concern will there be by September for football?

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/ocean...hotos/32662697

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    If we're already generating and allowing these type of crowds in May then what concern will there be by September for football?

Having football back would be great!

10. Re: Thoughts on an NFL season without fans

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    They will need fake crowd noise to cover over the language on the field.
    I agree, even in a regular broadcast you catch an expletive every now and then. Gonna be hard to control in a quiet atmosphere. If a preseason occurs at all, I'm assuming they'll play around with a few different options.

The more I think about it, the more I can see piping noise into the stadium itself as a decent option. Simulating conditions for home team environments. It would have to be loudness levels mandated by the league for certain situations and overseen by a league technician, but it could solve the broadcast issue, keep the stadium feel for players and coaches, and somewhat keep that advantage of playing home vs away games. It's already been done illegally by the Falcons. Definitely not impossible to pull off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Yeah, I'm not even sure one row would cut it. I think the seats two rows behind you are probably still within 6 ft.

They would have to essentially re-draw a seating chart for the whole venue and sell only certain seats -- possibly tarp over some seats to avoid people moving to better vantage points. Seems like a logistical nightmare, but I could see them doing it if they anticipate this being a long-term (several years) situation.
    You'd probably be looking at like 3-4 rows to cover that 6 ft suggestion, and within the same row it'd have to be what, every 3-4 chairs?

You also have to consider things like you aren't going to be able to seat people on the aisles. How do you handle people getting to their seat if they are in the middle of the row? Not everyone would be able to enter from a different row and step up over the chairs. Do those people have to walk essentially nose to nose past the person(s) in the way of their seat? Will masks be mandatory, and will you be strictly enforcing that? Will you be selling alcohol, because inebriated people aren't well known for following rules. Lot of things to consider, definitely not as simple as just spacing seating out.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

I think for it to be comparable you'd need to add another 40-50k people, then confine them all to the area of the boardwalk/city that runs from Ripley's-south for 3 hours.

We also should wait and see if there is any spike in cases here locally or elsewhere as other place have opened up. If no issues, maybe you are right and we will come out of this quicker than thought.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52