Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rank your 16 starting AFC QBs

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Fahey has rated Tannehill pretty highly for a couplefew seasons now, and says that what Tannehill showed this year is for real. He just needed to get out from under Adam Gase's thumb.

Seems like a lot to swallow. But I've been taking Fahey more and more seriously over the last year or so. A whole lot of the surprising things he says turn out to be true.
    The amount you’ve been talking him up lately I’m starting to think Jimmy IS Cian Fahey 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The amount you’ve been talking him up lately I’m starting to think Jimmy IS Cian Fahey 😂
    Had to take up another gig, after resigning as Ravens VP of PR.

Yeah, I've become super impressed with Fahey's work in the past 12-18 mos.

What also doesn't hurt is, how his Irishness shines thru in the way he just does not give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. He'll take the piss out of anyone.

Caught my attention when he rated Lamar as QB#16 coming off Lamar's rookie season. One of the few analysts who "saw it" with Lamar before 2019. (Warren Sharp was another; and Waldman, of course. Solak.)

Yeah: I'm pretty well sold on Fahey. Idiosyncratic; but when he drops an evaluation, I listen.

Had to take up another gig, after resigning as Ravens VP of PR.

Yeah, I've become super impressed with Fahey's work in the past 12-18 mos.

What also doesn't hurt is, how his Irishness shines thru in the way he just does not give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. He'll take the piss out of anyone.

Caught my attention when he rated Lamar as QB#16 coming off Lamar's rookie season. One of the few analysts who "saw it" with Lamar before 2019. (Warren Sharp was another; and Waldman, of course. Solak.)

Yeah: I'm pretty well sold on Fahey. Idiosyncratic; but when he drops an evaluation, I listen.
    It’s funny for a while I thought Warren Sharp was Irish too but I was getting him mixed up with Sam Monson. Sharp fucking nailed it last year though. Really helped in the Lamar debates last offseason I spent a week just reposting that article instead of repeating my own points 😂

Honestly I don’t really care about their takes, listening to Irish dudes talk about football is awesome. If their takes are good that’s even better. Fahey seems legit, though there are a few times where, imo, he’s missed pretty big. But that’s kind of a plus in and of itself, it shows like you said that he is just in no way beholden to consensus or hive mentality. He says what he thinks and he swings for the fences, by and large.

Fahey has rated Tannehill pretty highly for a couplefew seasons now, and says that what Tannehill showed this year is for real. He just needed to get out from under Adam Gase's thumb.

Seems like a lot to swallow. But I've been taking Fahey more and more seriously over the last year or so. A whole lot of the surprising things he says turn out to be true.
    I don't know how Darnold is going to do under Gase. He had one good year as Peyton Manning's OC, a job that entails just staying out of Manning's way.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Patty Mahomes

Lamar Jackson
    DeShaun Watson

Big Ben
    Ryan Tannehill

Josh Allen
    Baker Mayfield
    Sam Darnold
    Philip Rivers

Drew Lock
    Derek Carr
    Joe Burrow

Gardner Minshew
    Tyrod Taylor
    Jarrett Stidham
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

As much as i want to put Lamar in the same tier as Mahomes.. Mahomes is on another level. Its like prime A-Rod the way he slings it. Pair that with andy reid's offense, it's going to be hard to battle them. But I do think Lamar is the only player who can reach that tier at the moment.

1. Mahomes
    2. Lamar
    3. Roethlisberger
    4. Watson
    5. Rivers
    6. Tannehill
    7. Fitzpatrick
    8. Carr
    9. Allen
    10. Mayfield
    11. Darnold
    12. Lock
    13. Minshew
    14. Tyrod

NA - Burrow, Stidham - I want to see how they look first but if Burrow looks like he did last year he's probably 5th.

I put Roethlisberger above Watson because I think Watson's streaky. He can look terrible at times and he hasn't progressed enough at going through progressions or inviting sacks. Houston might ruin him.

Rivers at 5 is the biggest gamble - he looked bad last year but he's got an O line now. Maybe he's still got it, maybe not.

Fitzpatrick at 7 is rich but based on last year he was only behind Mahomes, Lamar, Tannehill and maybe Watson in terms of performance but he's probably due one of his bad years.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Patty Mahomes

Lamar Jackson
    DeShaun Watson

Big Ben
    Ryan Tannehill

Josh Allen
    Baker Mayfield
    Sam Darnold
    Philip Rivers

Drew Lock
    Derek Carr
    Joe Burrow

Gardner Minshew
    Tyrod Taylor
    Jarrett Stidham
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

As much as i want to put Lamar in the same tier as Mahomes.. Mahomes is on another level. Its like prime A-Rod the way he slings it. Pair that with andy reid's offense, it's going to be hard to battle them. But I do think Lamar is the only player who can reach that tier at the moment.
    Did you not watch Fitzmagic will that hapless Dolphins roster to a better record after the Bye than the Patriots? Dude was hoisting UDFA JAG’s up to adequacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The amount you’ve been talking him up lately I’m starting to think Jimmy IS Cian Fahey
    He did tell us he's done with the Ann Arbor thing. This could be next.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Did you not watch Fitzmagic will that hapless Dolphins roster to a better record after the Bye than the Patriots? Dude was hoisting UDFA JAG’s up to adequacy.

I see no upside in fitz. He is what he is. Like out of all the QB heading into the week, I would be least worried about him. The other either pose some sort of threat or have some potential upside to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I see no upside in fitz. He is what he is. Like out of all the QB heading into the week, I would be least worried about him. The other either pose some sort of threat or have some potential upside to get better.
    Wow, ok... I ‘ll just walk away from this... you doubled down...

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick's been working on that quarantine beard for years.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco