Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Rank your 16 starting AFC QBs

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Because yay rankings. But I think it's a worthy exercise during the down season.

Here are, according to most sources, your 16 projected starting QBs in the AFC:

AFC East

- Josh Allen
    - Sam Darnold
    - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    - Jarrett Stidham

AFC North
    - Joe Burrow
    - Lamar Jackson
    - Baker Mayfield
    - Ben Roethlisberger

AFC South
    - Gardner Minshew
    - Philip Rivers
    - Ryan Tannehill
    - DeShaun Watson

AFC West
    - Derek Carr
    - Drew Lock
    - Patrick Mahomes
    - Tyrod Taylor

If you feel like doing/adding tiers feel free

Also how many of these guys do you think remain the starting QB for their team? Injuries not included.
    Mahomes
    Lamar
    Watson
    Big ben
    Drew lock
    Ryan tannehil
    Baker
    Allen
    Fitz
    Tyrod

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    ...If you were to switch Lamar and Mahomes how do you think their respective offenses would do?

Mahomes plays under Roman and crew and Lamar plays w/ Andy Reid crew.

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The white dude with the lumberjack beard on the left is right; the bald black dude on the right is wrong.

Well: partially wrong. He's right to push back on Lumberjack's pronouncement that Mahomes would "struggle" with the 2019 Ravens personnel. I'd never predict Mahomes to "struggle" with a decent unit around him. Not lead the league in scoring, as Lamar's unit did: sure. "Struggle": naw.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The white dude with the lumberjack beard on the left is right; the bald black dude on the right is wrong.

Well: partially wrong. He's right to push back on Lumberjack's pronouncement that Mahomes would "struggle" with the 2019 Ravens personnel. I'd never predict Mahomes to "struggle" with a decent unit around him. Not lead the league in scoring, as Lamar's unit did: sure. "Struggle": naw.
    Yeah, Mahomes is one of those QB's who transcends systems. He doesn't have Lamar's running skills though I don't know of any player, including running backs, who does so this system wouldn't be a perfect fit, but Mahomes would still be great.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Laughable.
    Mahomes wouldn’t have struggled with last year’s pats: We’d be talking about what a good pick N’keal Harry was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Laughable.
    Mahomes wouldn’t have struggled with last year’s pats: We’d be talking about what a good pick N’keal Harry was...

Nitpicking but um, Harry was injured most of the year.

Changed the OP to reflect Cam Newton

Rank your 16 starting AFC QBs

Nitpicking but um, Harry was injured most of the year.

Changed the OP to reflect Cam Newton
    Fair, but you understood my point it seems. He did play some. Mahomes makes everyone look like a world beater. I don’t think his WR corps is anything special, though Kellce is the 2nd best TE. Swapping places I wouldn’t be super surprised if Andrews passed him and was considered the second best TE:

There is always chicken/egg correlation/causation but I think Mahomes is who makes those around him(Reid included) look better, not vice versa. The league has never seen arm talent of his level.

Mahomes makes everyone look like a world beater. I don’t think his WR corps is anything special, though Kellce is the 2nd best TE.
    There is always chicken/egg correlation/causation but I think Mahomes is who makes those around him(Reid included) look better, not vice versa.
    Tyreek Hill had 1180 yds and 7 TDs for the Chiefs in 2017, with Alex Smith starting.

Chiefs were excellent for years, before Mahomes got there.

The league has never seen arm talent of his level.
    Bert Jones, Dan Marino, and Brett Favre all had arm talent of Mahomes "level". If you believe Bill Walsh's book, Greg Cook probably did too. And it's worth mentioning guys like Kurt Warner & Jeff George.

Not sure how I would order them within the tier. Maybe Mahomes is slightly ahead of the other guys. Same tier, though.

Tyreek Hill had 1180 yds and 7 TDs for the Chiefs in 2017, with Alex Smith starting.

Bert Jones, Dan Marino, and Brett Favre all had arm talent of Mahomes "level". If you believe Bill Walsh's book, Greg Cook probably did too. And it's worth mentioning guys like Kurt Warner & Jeff George.

Not sure how I would order them within the tier. Maybe Mahomes is slightly ahead of the other guys. Same tier, though.
    Kurt Warner, really? I still say peak Aaron Rodgers matches Mahomes arm-for-arm. And Russell Wilson still throws the most accurate deep ball in the league.

Jeff George is a good pull. He is the poster boy for "million dollar arm, ten cent head".

Kurt Warner, really?
    Honestly, I felt I might be stretching things there. But I didn't want to disrespect him – his deep ball was special at his peak.

Hill is a fantastic athlete that can sort of play the WR position.

You named a lot of guys who’s 20-30 yard out vs a cover-2 looks pathetic compared to Mahomes laser with almost no perceptible arc.

Jeff George is a good pull.

Brett Farve had nowhere near the consistent accuracy Mahomes does.

Prime Arod is the best comp for Mahomes. Athleticism is reasonably on par as well: Mahomes arm is definitely stronger, and he has the whole gamut of arm angles.

I think Mahomes owns his own tier. I’d you think he simply sits atop the best tier we aren’t far off.

You named a lot of guys who’s 20-30 yard out vs a cover-2 looks pathetic compared to Mahomes laser with almost no perceptible arc.
    You've watched a lot of Marino or Ruston Rifle tape recently, I take it?