Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 202122

Re: Rank your 16 starting AFC QBs

Here's the biggest takeaway I have from the exercise - there is a positional abundance at QB. Burrow not included (hasn't taken a snap), every single QB on that list is quite capable of at least average play.

Take Sam Darnold, who wicked ranked last, 16th out of 16. He's better than Blaine Gabbert, Geno Smith, Paxton Lynch, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, and a myriad of other QBs taken highly in the last decade. Isn't he?

Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota are backups now. I feel as if both would still have starting spots if it were yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Here's the biggest takeaway I have from the exercise - there is a positional abundance at QB. Burrow not included (hasn't taken a snap), every single QB on that list is quite capable of at least average play.

Take Sam Darnold, who wicked ranked last, 16th out of 16. He's better than Blaine Gabbert, Geno Smith, Paxton Lynch, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, and a myriad of other QBs taken highly in the last decade. Isn't he?

Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota are backups now. I feel as if both would still have starting spots if it were yesteryear.
    A million percent correct:
    Replacement level is yesteryears average starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Here's the biggest takeaway I have from the exercise - there is a positional abundance at QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A million percent correct:
    Replacement level is yesteryears average starter.
    College-friendly offensive schemes. Rules changes that favor receivers and protect receivers & QBs. Jeff Fisher gone.

Blog Entries

They’ve severely reduced the “toughness” requirement in the passing game for QBs and Receivers

Blog Entries

I know Lamar is proud to have his peers vote him as the #1 player.

I know Lamar is listening to the football media reaction that he doesn't deserve it.

And I love it.

Like it or not its a regular season award.

The QB that led the league in total TDs, TD passes and rushed for an NFL record 1206 yards @ 6.9 yards a carry has to be the #1 player.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol Jim drinking again.

This is called anchoring bias
    Lol, never heard that term before...thanks.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said