Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Find me someone still parroting that narrative
    I don't think any "analysts" are pushing it. But "Lamar will be exposed" and regress is a constant trope on football twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I don't think any "analysts" are pushing it. But "Lamar will be exposed" and regress is a constant trope on football twitter.
    Oh, for sure. Twitter is dumb as hell lol

And most of the people who keep talking about Lamar being exposed are the same people who have spent the last two years saying that Lamar is an RB and won't be convinced otherwise, regardless of how much he succeeds as a passer.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Very very true lol, it’s amazing how dumb they truly are

Dude what the fuck are you talking about. Seriously. Since when is it a requirement to have some head in the sand inferiority complex to be a Ravens fan?

Fuck Baker Mayfield. All I’m saying is half the media thinks he sucks. How the fuck does that make me a fan of his?
    I think you've taken my crown as the most argumentative at this point.

Baker's hype train was fueled by that 'magical' run in 2018 when the Browns won five of their last seven and *almost* became a non-losing team. Those five wins were against Atlanta (the 28th ranked defense), Cincy (32,) Carolina (15,) Denver (22,) and Cincy again. Baker put up more than a quarter of his rookie-record TD passes against that God-awful Bengals defense.

It was all smoke and mirrors.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I think you've taken my crown as the most argumentative at this point.
    I’ve definitely been extremely argumentative out of boredom lately but I genuinely have no idea why that point specifically would be the one you point to.

Also I don’t think you ever had that crown to begin with. You’ve never been all that argumentative, at least not that I’ve seen. Your crown is the one for misguided self-importance.

This thread is becoming a RSR tradition. Can't wait for the September 2020 iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    LOL, love how he gets a pass for having different coordinators. Flacco never got that pass. There is no way anyone can defend that asshole. When thing are good, he is making commercials and flaming up Twitter. When the chips are down, it is the blocking, the run game sucks, etcetera. Maybe if he wasn't on TV more than Peyton Manning selling me this or that, I could say 2nd year slump. But no, my man played up to the hype and now he gets to live in failed expectations.

Don't proclaim yourself king of the world while standing on the roof of a portapotty.
    Unless you're at Preakness.

Look goddamnit, that was the 5th martini talking!

All good bro.
    This was the most relatable thing I've read all week.

This is what this board used to do with flacco. Put other qbs down to make our boy look better

Look goddamnit, that was the 5th martini talking!

All good bro.

Not even sure what to do with five.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Look guys, this is simple. Its not Baker's fault.

Until Art Modell is in the HOF, that team is cursed. Period. I think Mayfield is a dick, but his sucking is a function of Cleveland's curse.

They let Art in the HOF, all is forgiven and the curse is gone. Until then, they are boned.

How else do you explain the Ravens continued success, and really everyone in the division BUT cleveland have had good seasons. The Browns are cursed. The end.

I'll pipe in with two things:

1. The national media definitely was full force on the Baker Mayfield hype train. The nut hugging they were doing is usually reserved for HOF level guys. But I don't necessarily believe that they completely brought it themselves. I think many folks knew he would always be able to provide them with what they want - an easy story. If he wins, he's Cleveland's savior. If he loses, then break out the jersey with 85 names on it. Him being an absolute dick(IMO) made it even easier. The media loves guys with "moxie" and attitude. Far more likely to say some or do some shit that they shouldn't do - which also leads to an easy story. Guys like Mayfield are the national media gold standard, not because they are great at their jobs, but because they are great at generating clicks.

2. The MUCKING FIDGET lives! Thanks Loba