Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I mean, one of those is a media head doubling down on a bad take, one predicts that his TDs will go down, but he'll still overall have a good season as a passer, and the last one is from a Browns forum, which is far from an objective source on this.
    Oh lol I didn’t see it was a Browns forum, I just grabbed the first 3 articles I saw. Doubling down on a bad take is irrelevant, just because they’re wrong doesn’t mean they’re not saying it. And the other one was about the oddsmakers which reflects a general opinion that he’ll decline from the whole community.

I mean Jackson has been unfairly criticized and written off for the majority of his NFL career. That’s not an us vs them mentality, that’s just true. And it took an all time great Quarterback season from him to begin to turn that page. It is turning, that’s for sure, but the detractors remain, especially from the common fan. If Jackson regresses, or god forbid gets injured, it will be trendy to hate and say I told you so all over again. It’s all you’d hear about. Mayfield regresses miserably in year 2 and you get the odd article. If Jackson had that season, his name would never leave the news. It’s absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Many of my friends and National media still chirp the message that Lamar won’t last long and he’s eventually gonna get hurt and the athleticism will slow down and then he’ll be left with a below average arm. To this day I hear that message constantly.

A few examples:
    5 months ago: https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxspor...ss-in-the-nfl/

3 weeks ago:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravensw...l-regress/amp/

4 months ago:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...062880/?page=3

Now I know you can find articles praising Lamar as well, but my point is that his detractors are still out there. And that’s just the media. I feel the message is far more prevalent on social media and among general NFL fans.
    So the first one is indeed a pundit saying his prime will be shorter than many.

The second one is just commentary on what appears to me like a fairly reasonable betting line. 27 passing TDs is technically “a regression” but it would’ve had him tied for 4th in the NFL last year. His stats are probably going to get worse in some areas; that doesn’t mean he got worse as a player.

The third one is a Browns message board lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Dude what the fuck are you talking about. Seriously. Since when is it a requirement to have some head in the sand inferiority complex to be a Ravens fan?

Fuck Baker Mayfield. All I’m saying is half the media thinks he sucks. How the fuck does that make me a fan of his?
    Look goddamnit, that was the 5th martini talking!

All good bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

All good bro.
    Bro I feel you 😂 I’m going a little stir crazy and I’ve definitely added an extra drink or three to my normal routine most nights since the quarantine started lol. The later it gets the spicier it gets on this board lmao but it’s no hard feelings

We disagree on a lot and we both got a bit of a temper but it’s always all good

Flacco got that pass all the time. Did you not post on this board back then?
    Ex made sure of it

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I mean Jackson has been unfairly criticized and written off for the majority of his NFL career. That’s not an us vs them mentality, that’s just true. And it took an all time great Quarterback season from him to begin to turn that page. It is turning, that’s for sure, but the detractors remain, especially from the common fan. If Jackson regresses, or god forbid gets injured, it will be trendy to hate and say I told you so all over again. It’s all you’d hear about. Mayfield regresses miserably in year 2 and you get the odd article. If Jackson had that season, his name would never leave the news. It’s absolutely true.
    I think it's now down to jealousy or complete lack of understanding the numbers and the game. They are still just parroting the media narrative of Lamar's rookie year.

None know facts like he had the 6th best passer rating of all time or that he led the league in touchdown passes, FROM THE POCKET!

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I think it's now down to jealousy or complete lack of understanding the numbers and the game. They are still just parroting the media narrative of Lamar's rookie year.

None know facts like he had the 6th best passer rating of all time or that he led the league in touchdown passes, FROM THE POCKET!
    Find me someone still parroting that narrative

Blog Entries

Bro I feel you 😂 I’m going a little stir crazy and I’ve definitely added an extra drink or three to my normal routine most nights since the quarantine started lol. The later it gets the spicier it gets on this board lmao but it’s no hard feelings

Bro I feel you I’m going a little stir crazy and I’ve definitely added an extra drink or three to my normal routine most nights since the quarantine started lol. The later it gets the spicier it gets on this board lmao but it’s no hard feelings

For real. My wife and I didn't used to buy commercial beer by the keg. Lol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk