Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Flacco got a ridiculous amount of passes and excuses from the FWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Ah yes the FWO lol

For a stroll down memory lane. The Flacco topic was dinero

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...-Flacco-thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    This was Rex Ryan on Baker on national TV after just three games last year:

“I don’t get it. I’d love to be an offensive coordinator here. I have Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and there’s Baker Mayfield. Yeah, I know he’s overrated as hell.”

He continued when asked more about that comment:

“Absolutely. Look, I bought into the dang hype. I’m like, ‘Oh, yeah!’ But not to the point where everyone’s saying he’s going to be the league MVP … What’s he doing right, Greenie? Here’s a guy right now that’s a one-read guy, and then he’s going to improvise. He’s gotta realize that you are one of the slowest guys on that field when you take off with it. The ball’s not coming out in rhythm. He’s staring down guys, and you’re not that accurate down the field.”
    Rex Ryan is almost as derided as he is praised. Get back to me when he is taken a lot more seriously than a blowhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I had no idea the FWO was national. I don’t know how I missed that, perhaps you should start a thread about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Rex Ryan is almost as derided as he is praised. Get back to me when he is taken a lot more seriously than a blowhard.

I had no idea the FWO was national. I don’t know how I missed that, perhaps you should start a thread about that.
    I mean you’re just arbitrarily discounting stuff that doesn’t confirm your impression. Half of all national media pundits are blowhards. What’s your point?

Blog Entries

I mean you’re just arbitrarily discounting stuff that doesn’t confirm your impression. Half of all national media pundits are blowhards. What’s your point?
    Go buy a fucking Browns jersey already. If you cant see that Baker Mayfield has been put on a pedestal his first two years whereas Joe Flacco was an also ran compared to Matt Ryan, I don’t know why you should even be a Ravens fan. Flacco was dogged even after Super Bowl MVP. Not elite, overpaid, etc.

Baker was to be the second coming of Dan Marino. Maybe you watched other teams and listened to other broadcasts, but you are in the minority in this. Oh boy, Rex Ryan a former Raven DC was critical of Baker. Why would Rex even say he is overrated if he wasn’t overrated? I mean even the person you cite is saying the same goddamn thing all of us are and he was a minority of the talking heads.

Every time that douche Baker was on the field broadcasters buttered his nuts. Halftime, they would still pump him up. Media WANTED Baker to be this great QB. Assholes quite commonly said the Ravens won their last Super Bowl because of Ray Lewis and the defense. We know different, well maybe you don’t.

What size jersey do you wear, I will buy you a Baker...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Go buy a fucking Browns jersey already. If you cant see that Baker Mayfield has been put on a pedestal his first two years whereas Joe Flacco was an also ran compared to Matt Ryan, I don’t know why you should even be a Ravens fan. Flacco was dogged even after Super Bowl MVP. Not elite, overpaid, etc.

Baker was to be the second coming of Dan Marino. Maybe you watched other teams and listened to other broadcasts, but you are in the minority in this. Oh boy, Rex Ryan a former Raven DC was critical of Baker. Why would Rex even say he is overrated if he wasn’t overrated? I mean even the person you cite is saying the same goddamn thing all of us are and he was a minority of the talking heads.

Every time that douche Baker was on the field broadcasters buttered his nuts. Halftime, they would still pump him up. Media WANTED Baker to be this great QB. Assholes quite commonly said the Ravens won their last Super Bowl because of Ray Lewis and the defense. We know different, well maybe you don’t.

What size jersey do you wear, I will buy you a Baker...
    Dude what the fuck are you talking about. Seriously. Since when is it a requirement to have some head in the sand inferiority complex to be a Ravens fan?

Fuck Baker Mayfield. All I’m saying is half the media thinks he sucks. How the fuck does that make me a fan of his?

I’m with Silver. Baker has been anointed since he stepped on the field and only recently has been getting more mixed reviews. And I remember a lot of people that didn’t trust Flacco (maybe rightfully) even after he pulled in a championship

Maybe this is anecdotal, but I still hear at least as many if not more doubters about Jackson long term as Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Maybe this is anecdotal, but I still hear at least as many if not more doubters about Jackson long term as Mayfield.
    Okay this is exactly the kinda thing I’m talking about. There is just no way this is true. But it’s confirmation bias. Every fan base thinks the media is against them and it’s way easier to remember the times when that turns out to be true. But if you grabbed 10 random articles about about Lamar’s future outlook vs Baker’s there’s no way the tenor is remotely the same.

But I guess acknowledging that sometimes the media says positive things about the Ravens and negative things about the Cleveland fucking Browns means I hate the Ravens so I should probably drop it
    Last edited by NjRavensFan; 05-25-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Okay this is exactly the kinda thing I’m talking about. There is just no way this is true. But it’s confirmation bias. Every fan base thinks the media is against them and it’s way easier to remember the times when that turns out to be true. But if you grabbed 10 random articles about about Lamar’s future outlook vs Baker’s there’s no way the tenor is remotely the same.
    Many of my friends and National media still chirp the message that Lamar won’t last long and he’s eventually gonna get hurt and the athleticism will slow down and then he’ll be left with a below average arm. To this day I hear that message constantly.

A few examples:
    5 months ago: https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxspor...ss-in-the-nfl/

3 weeks ago:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravensw...l-regress/amp/

4 months ago:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...062880/?page=3

Now I know you can find articles praising Lamar as well, but my point is that his detractors are still out there. And that’s just the media. I feel the message is far more prevalent on social media and among general NFL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Many of my friends and National media still chirp the message that Lamar won’t last long and he’s eventually gonna get hurt and the athleticism will slow down and then he’ll be left with a below average arm. To this day I hear that message constantly.

A few examples:
    5 months ago: https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxspor...ss-in-the-nfl/

3 weeks ago:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravensw...l-regress/amp/

4 months ago:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...062880/?page=3

Now I know you can find articles praising Lamar as well, but my point is that his detractors are still out there. And that’s just the media. I feel the message is far more prevalent on social media and among general NFL fans.
    I mean, one of those is a media head doubling down on a bad take, one predicts that his TDs will go down, but he'll still overall have a good season as a passer, and the last one is from a Browns forum, which is far from an objective source on this.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco