Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    It was a dark time I still remember the Chris Redman is our future threads.
    I think that's where the local "X is our future people!" meme originated, isn't it?

I don't think it's an obsession with Baker from some of us, but it is a good and mostly lighthearted means to continue to poke fun at him and the Browns organization as a whole. They actually still have a chance to be very good this season and make the playoffs. I just think they are a poorly run franchise and when you add in Baker's arrogance and a fanbase that was crowing about getting to 7 wins a few years back, it's definitely fun to revel in their suckiness. There was also a pretty loud section of actual RAVENS fans that were proclaiming he was the next big thing and they loved his "moxie" and that the Browns were gonna be a problem. A lot of us were saying that Baker was already at his ceiling when he got drafted, so he would look the best early but eventually his lack of pure talent would catch up with him. His sniping with the media, calling out teammates and seeming unwillingness to be self reflective only make him less likeable. And as far as the Browns, they will be the Browns until they prove otherwise. So I think it's a bit of schadenfreude coursing through this thread as well. I can admit to that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't think it's an obsession with Baker from some of us, but it is a good and mostly lighthearted means to continue to poke fun at him and the Browns organization as a whole. They actually still have a chance to be very good this season and make the playoffs. I just think they are a poorly run franchise and when you add in Baker's arrogance and a fanbase that was crowing about getting to 7 wins a few years back, it's definitely fun to revel in their suckiness. There was also a pretty loud section of actual RAVENS fans that were proclaiming he was the next big thing and they loved his "moxie" and that the Browns were gonna be a problem. A lot of us were saying that Baker was already at his ceiling when he got drafted, so he would look the best early but eventually his lack of pure talent would catch up with him. His sniping with the media, calling out teammates and seeming unwillingness to be self reflective only make him less likeable. And as far as the Browns, they will be the Browns until they prove otherwise. So I think it's a bit of schadenfreude coursing through this thread as well. I can admit to that
    +1

4. Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think that's where the local "X is our future people!" meme originated, isn't it?
    Almost as good as the "Ed Reed on the decline?" meme right before he had one of his best seasons ever and a 108 yard TD return against the Eagles.

We should get one of those going for Lamar.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That’s not where ALL the money went.

Aww they're going to kill this guy? That's not right.

https://www.travel4wildlife.com/wp-c...nch-face11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That’s not where ALL the money went.

I guess you can't blame him too much for underachieving during the season eh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Mayfield is a much better actor than he is a QB. Yes, it's a low bar, but he doesn't seem out of place in the ads. If he's a natural at that, it only feeds his belief that he's a natural on the field too.

Yeah, Mahomes looks wooden, probably the way most of us would look.
    A famous director once said "Actors are psychotics who have been trained to express themselves." says a lot about good actors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Bakers height is his issue. He can't see over the middle. In games where they can't run, they are flooding outside the numbers and forcing he to try to read the middle...which he csnt see.

Same thing is happening to Kyle Murray, he's just faster so he's getting some positive scrambles
    Yep. Breese is the only short guy who can do it and he's almost done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you look at the full pic he is WAY out of shape
    She's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Yep. Breese is the only short guy who can do it and he's almost done.
    Brees is the exception. Hes a a freak

Blog Entries

Just threw a pick

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Brees is the exception. Hes a a freak
    Imo brees can do it because of uber pocket awareness and moves forward in pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk