Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Now let’s dig up all the old threads where everyone was saying Baker was going to be better than Lamar.
    I thought Lamar might be great. But I thought Baker was the next Drew Brees. Was very scared of Baker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Flacco got that pass all the time. Did you not post on this board back then?
    Nationally it was NEVER mentioned. They just dogged him for not being elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Nationally it was NEVER mentioned. They just dogged him for not being elite.
    Flacco had plenty of national praise especially early in his career. The inferiority complex here is wild. Pundits don’t treat us any differently than any other mid-market team. Nobody cares about the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Flacco had plenty of national praise especially early in his career. The inferiority complex here is wild. Pundits don’t treat us any differently than any other mid-market team. Nobody cares about the Ravens.
    Whatever you want to think. Mayfield has gotten way more leash for sucking than any QB I can recall in recent NFL history.

Flacco never got Baker's level of ass kissing and the dude hasn't won shit. If you can't be honest with that fact then you just enjoy being devil's advocate a little too much.

They do now because of Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I thought Lamar might be great. But I thought Baker was the next Drew Brees. Was very scared of Baker.
    I remember you called Lamar Steve Young and Baker Drew Brees and somebody said that was an insult to Baker lol

Whatever you want to think. Mayfield has gotten way more leash for sucking than any QB I can recall in recent NFL history.

Flacco never got Baker's level of ass kissing and the dude hasn't won shit. If you can't be honest with that fact then you just enjoy being devil's advocate a little too much.
    Bro what are you talking about? I’m not playing Devil’s advocate. Flacco won Pepsi ROY and got plenty of hype after his rookie year just like Baker did. But Baker got all kinds of shit from the national media all year last year and I’ve seen plenty more this offseason. No one is hyping him up anymore. And no one is out here persecuting the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Bro what are you talking about? I’m not playing Devil’s advocate. Flacco won Pepsi ROY and got plenty of hype after his rookie year just like Baker did. But Baker got all kinds of shit from the national media all year last year and I’ve seen plenty more this offseason. No one is hyping him up anymore. And no one is out here persecuting the Ravens.
    I see the bashing now. Up until the Browns were done, Baker was still wiping the lipstick off his ass. Flacco never enjoyed the hype monster Baker is.

Of course Flacco got mad love for his MVP Super Bowl run, but that disappeared almost as quickly as the ink dried on his huge contract.

We can agree to disagree, but Baker still gets a huge pass in my opinion for having different coordinators than Flacco did.

Matt Ryan received more love than Flacco in 2008

Flacco won Pepsi ROY...
    Is that right? I thought Matt Ryan was ROY.

I guess there's probably multiple ROY awards.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is that right? I thought Matt Ryan was ROY.

I guess there's probably multiple ROY awards.
    Ryan won the standard AP ROY. Flacco won the fan-voted Pepsi ROY. The latter is definitely something of a wild card, Nick Bosa won it over Kyler this year (though tbh he had a pretty strong case)

Ryan had a better statistical year in 2008, but it was close, and both teams went 11-5 so splitting it was probably the right move.

I see the bashing now. Up until the Browns were done, Baker was still wiping the lipstick off his ass. Flacco never enjoyed the hype monster Baker is.

Of course Flacco got mad love for his MVP Super Bowl run, but that disappeared almost as quickly as the ink dried on his huge contract.

We can agree to disagree, but Baker still gets a huge pass in my opinion for having different coordinators than Flacco did.
    This was Rex Ryan on Baker on national TV after just three games last year:

“I don’t get it. I’d love to be an offensive coordinator here. I have Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and there’s Baker Mayfield. Yeah, I know he’s overrated as hell.”

He continued when asked more about that comment:

“Absolutely. Look, I bought into the dang hype. I’m like, ‘Oh, yeah!’ But not to the point where everyone’s saying he’s going to be the league MVP … What’s he doing right, Greenie? Here’s a guy right now that’s a one-read guy, and then he’s going to improvise. He’s gotta realize that you are one of the slowest guys on that field when you take off with it. The ball’s not coming out in rhythm. He’s staring down guys, and you’re not that accurate down the field.”