Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Browns were a dumpster fire last year. I still remember Baker as a great, clutch college QB. I wouldn’t write him off or get arrogant yet.
    Interestingly, Baker is older than Deshaun Watson.

Not much: just 5 months. But a surprise to me, since Deshaun started in the league a year before Baker did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Interestingly, Baker is older than Deshaun Watson.

Not much: just 5 months. But a surprise to me, since Deshaun started in the league a year before Baker did.

He needed another year to grow his facial hair.

Pretty good article and breakdown if you ask me. I am not familiar with the writer, is he British? He spells like he is. Centre instead of center, offence and defence instead of offense and defense. Colour instead of color, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Pretty good article and breakdown if you ask me. I am not familiar with the writer, is he British? He spells like he is. Centre instead of center, offence and defence instead of offense and defense. Colour instead of color, etc.
    Cian Fahey is Irish. And yes, ESPN fired him (he "resigned") because he said shit while drunk at a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Cian Fahey is Irish. And yes, ESPN fired him (he "resigned") because he said shit while drunk at a bar.
    Irish as fuck.

He's pretty upfront about that incident. Has said a couple times on Twitter that he lost his job for being drunk & stupid at a bar. No details, but no ducking it either.

Used to be a contributor on the Dan LeBatard show, yeah? I never saw him there; I think I first encountered him on Football Outsiders, as an occasional contributor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    All better, MVP is now within reach.

Anybody up for a little fun, I will put a $100 that Mayfield throws more TDs than LJ this season, loser pays $100 to St. Judes Children's Hospital. note I plan to make a $100 contribution either way, just a chance to get some more $ for a good cause

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Anybody up for a little fun, I will put a $100 that Mayfield throws more TDs than LJ this season, loser pays $100 to St. Judes Children's Hospital.
    Passing only, huh? Cuz you'd lose hard if it were total TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Irish as fuck.

He's pretty upfront about that incident. Has said a couple times on Twitter that he lost his job for being drunk & stupid at a bar. No details, but no ducking it either.

Used to be a contributor on the Dan LeBatard show, yeah? I never saw him there; I think I first encountered him on Football Outsiders, as an occasional contributor.
    Being Irish, I completely resemble that remark. Being drunk and stupid is in my DNA.

Anybody up for a little fun, I will put a $100 that Mayfield throws more TDs than LJ this season, loser pays $100 to St. Judes Children's Hospital. note I plan to make a $100 contribution either way, just a chance to get some more $ for a good cause
    I'll take that action but not on those terms. You win, I'll PayPal you, give it to whomever. I win, you PayPal me, I donate to the charity of my choice, which will probably be my local animal shelter. Take it out leave it. Not even saying I think Mayfield will suck but Lamar led the league in passing touchdowns and our passing options got stronger, not worse.

Bring it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

That's a pretty bold bet considering 14 passing TDs separated them in 2019. I think some regression from Lamar is likely along with some improvement from Mayfield, but that's a really big gap to close.

I can't do $100 but I will do $20 if I can pick the charity if I win (which would be either animal related or social justice related) & we agree to cancel the bet if either player gets hurt (or agree to just each donate $20 to our respective charities in the event of injury). I would definitely put $20 on Lamar having more pass TDs than Baker assuming both play 16 games.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52