Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Bengals have a ton of D-line injuries including Geno Atkins who was out. They had to trade for Christian Covington because they ran out of DTs. DJ Reader now anchors the center of that line and he has no pass rush skills at all. The Bengals just didn't have the players to attack Baker that way last night.
    That's why they needed to dial up interior pressures, disguise coverage, and force Baker out of the pocket. That's why the Ravens rolled Judon, Bowser, McPhee, and even Calais into coverage and focused their blizting in the A/B gaps to force Mayfield to either leave the pocket or throw from a congested one (Which he struggles with). Ravens pass rush is nothing to write home about and we gave them a good blueprint on how to roll coverages with different front 7 players and send timely heat up the middle.

The Bengals are hamstrung with injuries on the DL and compounded those issues even more by playing vanilla looks that were incredibly easy to diagnose and distribute the ball against. They played conservative on defense and were essentially afraid to put their secondary in compromising positions in order to generate a rush that was otherwise non-existent.

Against great QB's that adjust to pressure well I understand a conservative approach... but Baker has been proven to be a guy that gets rattled by pressure and he is extremely predictable in his escape route to the boundary where his QBR/completion % was terrible last year. Wasn't a fan of their lack of aggression.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

^^^^^^^^^LOL, that is awesome!

4. Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Arrest Tony for murder cuz now I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I retract my previous statement - this is now the truest thing on the internet!

Blog Entries

OMG, I was just ghost reading threads on the Browns message boards. You think they just beat KC in a shootout and not a depleted Bengals defense with a rookie QB. I know fanbases can be delusional, but damn.

Furthermore Baker already running his mouth about our corners after beating a different team. What a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    OMG, I was just ghost reading threads on the Browns message boards. You think they just beat KC in a shootout and not a depleted Bengals defense with a rookie QB. I know fanbases can be delusional, but damn.

Furthermore Baker already running his mouth about our corners after beating a different team. What a jackass.
    They're anxious to get excited about anything really. Baker still underachieved and so did the defense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    They're anxious to get excited about anything really. Baker still underachieved and so did the defense
    Stephen A. Does a good job on it:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29913485

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Stephen A. Does a good job on it:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29913485
    Stephen A also picked the Texans to beat us because we're a 12-4 team that has to lose to somebody, so why not the Texans?

https://youtu.be/Dsr9YaYoUoQ

Dude needs to stick to basketball. He's all hot takes in football

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Stephen A also picked the Texans to beat us because we're a 12-4 team that has to lose to somebody, so why not the Texans?

That's essentially part of their job is hot takes

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That's essentially part of their job is hot takes
    Meh. Chris Simms and others give real football analysis. And i like Cowherd hot takes way more than Stephen A. Grounded in reality.

Youtube has better football analysis than mainstream TV at this point though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post

And? You probably thought the Ravens were going to win last year's game against the Browns at home? I could give a crap less about anyone's predictions. I was talking about the fact that the Browns beat the Bengals and Stephen A. saying the same.

Never post again if you were wrong about something because it is apparently the standard you have for giving an opinion.