Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 32333435 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    Imo brees can do it because of uber pocket awareness and moves forward in pocket.
    He’ll be pushing Hot Pockets commercials next. Only thing he knows...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Probably the most telling comment I ever heard (and the primary thing that leads me to believe Baker will be a failure as an NFL QB), was a statement he made this past December, in the wake that season's massively disappointing campaign. When asked about getting some coaching during the off-season, he said this:

“I do not need somebody to teach me how to do a three-step drop,” Mayfield said. “I can look at film and be critical of myself..."

By contrast, Tom Brady is the greatest QB who has ever lived, has played over 20 seasons, owns 6 rings, and he STILL gets coaching and works on his fundamentals during the off-season.

For a then-24 year old QB who had accomplished exactly NOTHING during his brief career to have that kind of hubris is pretty astounding, and I can't imagine that any QB who has ever on to become a good (or great) player would have exhibited this kind of dismissive arrogance.
    This. That pretty much said it all.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Trestman? Bengals? End thread there....

Blog Entries

He’s definitely 1 of 32 starting qbs. Shouldn’t have been the 1 overall pick but that’s not his fault he was over drafted

7. Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He’s definitely 1 of 32 starting qbs. Shouldn’t have been the 1 overall pick but that’s not his fault he was over drafted

The real question is would the Browns be better off if they retained Baker and paid him a low end starting qb salary? Say lower than but up to Daniel Jones money. Honestly I say yes. I'm glad they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    The real question is would the Browns be better off if they retained Baker and paid him a low end starting qb salary? Say lower than but up to Daniel Jones money. Honestly I say yes. I'm glad they didn't.
    Instead of the Watson contract? No question!

Blog Entries

I still think Watson is probably the more talented QB to Mayfield. But at that cost, I am taking Mayfield all day. The Browns would probably be just as good as they currently are with Flacco (with Mayfield). Neither Flacco or Mayfield bring the drama that Watson brings, and both are clearly team first guys.

Blog Entries

first oposing QB to have a perfect game at Lambeau field - and that field has been played for years and years

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    And they would have what 3 more 1st round picks…. Absolutely they’d be in better shape. Hell they’d be in better shape if they paid mayfield what they paid Watson and had those three picks