Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Stephen A is in his own world - not in touch with reality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    So you are saying he is wrong in his assessment that of Baker Mayfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And? You probably thought the Ravens were going to win last year's game against the Browns at home? I could give a crap less about anyone's predictions. I was talking about the fact that the Browns beat the Bengals and Stephen A. saying the same.

Never post again if you were wrong about something because it is apparently the standard you have for giving an opinion.
    Well Cap,
    Without being as black and white about never brevet being wrong, and without giving 80 examples of Steven A being wrong regarding football, I don't generally like his football opinions. He's was anti Lamar all last season. Anti taverns Ravens as well. He's one of these Lamar can't throw, Lamar can't win playoff games unless he improves his passing game. A subscribe to their channel but I much prefer Max Kellermans take.

And while i agree with his take on Cleveland, I just don't like Steven A and that was all I was trying to say

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

So you are saying he is wrong in his assessment that of Baker Mayfield?
    Saying Stephen A is not believable with anything he says about anybody - pro or con.

I haven't watched First Take or Undisputed in like 8 months... the morning sports talk shows have absolutely tanked in ratings/relevance

Kind of sad, they used to be at least fun even if they were just a collection hot takes and leap of faith arguments

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I haven't watched First Take or Undisputed in like 8 months... the morning sports talk shows have absolutely tanked in ratings/relevance

Kind of sad, they used to be at least fun even if they were just a collection hot takes and leap of faith arguments
    Yes. I’ve really switched to PFT and Chris Simms’ own channel (previews, deep dives, etc) and whenever they QB school does Ravens content.
    Just win baby...

Blog Entries

OMG, how did a good take about Baker become a thread about Stephen A? I thought it was funny. You guys go way too deep down the rabbit hole.

OMG, how did a good take about Baker become a thread about Stephen A? I thought it was funny. You guys go way too deep down the rabbit hole.
    practice...

I loved THIS from Thursday Night Football...Pancaked Bake!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I loved THIS from Thursday Night Football...Pancaked Bake!

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Meh. Chris Simms and others give real football analysis. And i like Cowherd hot takes way more than Stephen A. Grounded in reality.

Youtube has better football analysis than mainstream TV at this point though.

Yea, there are lots of shows designed around having genuine analysis and discussion of games, athletes, and other sports topics - First Take isn't one of them.
    It is entirely structured around the contrived spectacle of having two pundits argue about everything. Their contrarian opinions are by design. The show was at it's worst during the Tim Tebow era, and it's become marginally more watchable since Skip Bayless left, but the "hot takes" are still just there for the purpose of creating artificial drama.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Lol I will never forget in 2018 he was talking up Hunter Henry, Spencer Ware and Derrick Johnson despite them all being out (or in the case of Johnson, released, I think.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aeqmFJGLnE
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr