Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I think Baker is smart enough to get all the endorsement money he can, while he can. Because he may not get that huge, lucrative 2nd contract if he continues to show that he was not worth the first overall pick.
    If douchebag spent half his time working on his craft rather than commercials, he might see a 2nd contract. Dude has been gifted a complete offense, WR, TE, RB, decent OL. Nothing. You want to credit an underachiever for making easy money over all the money, cool.

Me personally see a guy with gifts enough to be drafted #1, gifted enough to have an astounding rookie year only to believe his own hype that he did not need to work harder.

Slacker mentality, yes, make as much as you can because his window is closing. It could and still be so much more. He is not interested in being the best. That is why there are Montana, Brady, Manning, Kelly, Marino, Rodgers, Farve, and numerous other QB’s that wanted more than money. They wanted to be the best. Not sure I want a quarterback who only cares about being paid by Progressive and Hulu.

Seriously, his sponsors mean more to him than his team. Congrats for that insight, doesn’t win you a championship. This is why Baker sucks more than the other 22 other QB’s in Cleveland. He gave them hope and turned into a selfish prick.

He's so easy to dislike. He seems like a ok dude in his commercials, but in tesl life he grates people's nerves without even trying.

Love the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    He's so easy to dislike. He seems like a ok dude in his commercials, but in tesl life he grates people's nerves without even trying.

Love the thread.
    I know right. Still haven't nailed down what it is. But I feel the exact opposite about Joe Burrow. I think he is going to be good and eventually cause us problems down the road, but I like the kid and like watching him play.

Blog Entries

Mayfield is really bad these days. The Browns would be better starting Case Keenum but I still find his regression baffling.

After the 2018 season probably 90% of us would have swapped Lamar for Mayfield if we could have. He wasn't perfect but he really looked like he was going to become a good long term QB whereas the Lamar narrative was that he was running too much and getting hit too much.

In 2019 Mayfield's protection, weapons and running game all improved and he got worse. Everything improved again this year and he might be worse. There aren't many QBs in the league who'd look that bad with all those advantages.

I suppose the reason has to be his collossal ego. He thought he'd made it already and started coasting. Even after his humbling last year, it seems all it takes is one average performance for cocky Baker to emerge again and play terribly. He might not even be fixable if every improvement he makes feeds his hubris and leads to another collapse. I love to see it.

Cocky little punk. He just doesn’t get it that he’s nowhere near as great as he thinks he is, and he never will be humbled so that he can grow. Pride comes before the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Good for her. Stand up for your man.

Doesn't affect us though

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Cocky little punk. He just doesn’t get it that he’s nowhere near as great as he thinks he is, and he never will be humbled so that he can grow. Pride comes before the fall.
    Hope he's not spending all his money on those Caribbean vacations

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If douchebag spent half his time working on his craft rather than commercials, he might see a 2nd contract. Dude has been gifted a complete offense, WR, TE, RB, decent OL. Nothing. You want to credit an underachiever for making easy money over all the money, cool.

Me personally see a guy with gifts enough to be drafted #1, gifted enough to have an astounding rookie year only to believe his own hype that he did not need to work harder.

Slacker mentality, yes, make as much as you can because his window is closing. It could and still be so much more. He is not interested in being the best. That is why there are Montana, Brady, Manning, Kelly, Marino, Rodgers, Farve, and numerous other QB’s that wanted more than money. They wanted to be the best. Not sure I want a quarterback who only cares about being paid by Progressive and Hulu.

Seriously, his sponsors mean more to him than his team. Congrats for that insight, doesn’t win you a championship. This is why Baker sucks more than the other 22 other QB’s in Cleveland. He gave them hope and turned into a selfish prick.
    For some of these guys, the payout is the goal. Baker is apparently one of them.

He is either too stupid to be coached, or just doesn't care about getting better. But he is doing a good job of cashing in wherever he can. Maybe there is a such thing as "enough" money for him.

I will revel in the Browns continued failure at finding a decent QB in the meantime. They have a stacked team (talent wise), and Baker is the weak link.

I dont see the point of being passionately irate about Baker. He isnt our QB!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Hope he's not spending all his money on those Caribbean vacations
    That’s not where ALL the money went.

"Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That’s not where ALL the money went.

If you look at the full pic he is WAY out of shape

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries