Page 1 of 35 123 ... LastLast

Baker Mayfield sucks

Cian Fahey breaks down Baker's performance:

Baker Mayfield will be a liability again in 2020
    by Cian Fahey | 20 May 2020
    https://www.offtheball.com/american-...y-2020-1017800
    Mayfield finished his second season as the 21st-ranked passer in the league. He was the third-worst passer in the underneath range, the worst in the intermediate range and the 11th-best on deep throws. He was overly-reliant on his deep ball. Mayfield compounded his inaccuracy with the league's 23rd-ranked interceptable pass rate.

But the passing numbers alone actually flatter him. During his second season, he repeatedly broke play designs before ever giving them a chance to develop.

Play breakdowns with GIFs and Fahey's typically ruthless dissection.

Probably Stefanski's offense will be good for him: structure, running game, defined reads, yadda yadda.

Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Pretty harsh review. He really only had that brief string of good games with Kittens as OC. Kittens may have sucked as an HC but they really did have a good thing going in year 1. Individual player stats are subject to the overall disfunction in Cleveland. In 2 years he had 3 different OCs and 2 HCs. If he sucks this year he's the next Josh Rosen and another Cleveland QB bust. However, I believe he will be better under the new coaching system. Chubb takes a lot of pressure off Mayfield too, if he's used properly this season.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Baker Mayfield sucks because he is an asshole who plays for the Browns

It's like Cleveland fans aren't already pissy about the Ravens. If Johnny Football failed, and now Baker fails, but our guy is on the cover of Madden... I don't even want to think of their whining.

My sister lives in Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Baker needs his reads to be obvious to have success in the passing game. Kitchens' offense couldn't give him easier reads and his O-line couldn't give him good enough protection.

If only the Browns had signed Flacco...

7. Re: Baker Mayfield sucks

Last year the Browns were really really lacking in blockers. No fullback, the TEs were all basketball players. The Browns solved that problem. The Ravens actually lost a game to the Browns last year. Crazy, huh?

The Browns run came can't be as good as the Ravens run game because of the vast difference between Lamar and Baker at the running. But the Browns fixed a lot of the problems that they had, and should have a better record this year, I don't know whether that's 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. But the Browns really should have a worse record against the Ravens this year, crazy that Browns beat the Ravens last year.

The offense really wasn't Freddies as much as it was Monken and Dorsey and Freddie. And it was way overreliant on long passes.

Blog Entries

I am not writing off Baker but I don't think he will ever be the elite QB people thought he could become after year 1. I see him more as a Derek Carr type. A guy you can win with but not a guy that is going to win for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Last year the Browns were really really lacking in blockers. No fullback, the TEs were all basketball players. The Browns solved that problem. The Ravens actually lost a game to the Browns last year. Crazy, huh?

The Browns run came can't be as good as the Ravens run game because of the vast difference between Lamar and Baker at the running. But the Browns fixed a lot of the problems that they had, and should have a better record this year, I don't know whether that's 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. But the Browns really should have a worse record against the Ravens this year, crazy that Browns beat the Ravens last year.

The offense really wasn't Freddies as much as it was Monken and Dorsey and Freddie. And it was way overreliant on long passes.
    I am glad they beat the Ravens last year. There were altercations in the locker room after that ass whooping. It pissed the team off to the point that they didn't lose again until the playoffs. And went into Cleveland and kicked their asses on their own field in a game that probably should have gone Clevelands way giving how off LJ and the O was to start that game.

Blog Entries

LOL, love how he gets a pass for having different coordinators. Flacco never got that pass. There is no way anyone can defend that asshole. When thing are good, he is making commercials and flaming up Twitter. When the chips are down, it is the blocking, the run game sucks, etcetera. Maybe if he wasn't on TV more than Peyton Manning selling me this or that, I could say 2nd year slump. But no, my man played up to the hype and now he gets to live in failed expectations.

Don't proclaim yourself king of the world while standing on the roof of a portapotty.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Don't proclaim yourself king of the world while standing on the roof of a portapotty.

He looked great his rookie year and had a sophomore slump. He's the most accurate passer I've seen in a while in college, I expect him to improve, but he definitely regressed