Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySharpe View Post
    Would the Jets take a 1st and a 5th?
    Probably not, but the asking price reportedly is a 1st and 3rd, they haven't found any takers, maybe meet in the middle or try and wait it out?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Probably not, but the asking price reportedly is a 1st and 3rd, they haven't found any takers, maybe meet in the middle or try and wait it out?
    You have to pay him too, much higher than Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    . The idea of him in the same secondary as Peters, Humphrey, Earl, Clark, Jimmy, and an amazing cover ILB in Queen is game breaking.
    100%

Also think about how Elite we are in the middle if JA. I hated the Mosley and Weddle era and that to this day people still try and defend or give those 2 lead footed under achievers props and acclaim blows my mind. Weddle the player/coach and teacher sure but the aged defender no. Anyway.

Now opposing QBs would look up to see Wolfe CC BWill then Queen and Malik followed by Jamal Adams and then Earl. Thats lunacy and an almost unconceivable leap in player quality and overall athleticism at so many positions from TJ CJ Pearce, Weddle, Peanut ETC.. Even wthout JA its just incredible how much its improved.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySharpe View Post
    Lol I love our CBs and they are elite but they are not better than Ramsey when he’s at his best
    Yeah those last five words are pretty important 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah those last five words are pretty important 😂
    Yes they are lol

If Ramsey played to his potential he’d be in a tier of his own in the current NFL and would be in the conversation for best CB of all time. And he’s still young so maybe he gets back on track. But dude hasn’t really approached his potential since 2017. He’s spent the last two years talking shit, feuding with coaches, feuding with Golden Tate after getting Tate’s sister pregnant and leaving her for a stripper, freelancing, and just generally not being particularly good on the field, at least by his standards.

His upside is definitely higher than Humphrey or Peters. But both were better than him in 2019, and even taking contract considerations out of it I wouldn’t trade either one of them for him straight up, even if the ceiling would be higher. The risk isn’t worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lol fair enough. I’ll be rooting for him until he doesn’t want to chase down a running back so he doesn’t tear his hamstring. I can just imagine how Biscotti felt watching that play knowing how much he’s paying Earl.
    Would you rather he hurt himself just hustling for show when he wasn’t going to impact the play either way?

Dude knows his body and he made it to the end of the season healthy. Clown on him for getting stiff armed by Henry if you want but he DID chase a RB down when it mattered and he saved a TD on that play. Shit Henry barely picked up any extra yards out of it.

There are a few valid reasons to be wary of Earl and his contract. “He didn’t pretend to hustle” is a pretty weak one though. He’s an old man who got better, faster, and more impactful as the year went along. That’s probably not a coincidence.

If Ramsey played to his potential he’d be in a tier of his own in the current NFL and would be in the conversation for best CB of all time. And he’s still young so maybe he gets back on track. But dude hasn’t really approached his potential since 2017. He’s spent the last two years talking shit, feuding with coaches, feuding with Golden Tate after getting Tate’s sister pregnant and leaving her for a stripper, freelancing, and just generally not being particularly good on the field, at least by his standards.

His upside is definitely higher than Humphrey or Peters. But both were better than him in 2019, and even taking contract considerations out of it I wouldn’t trade either one of them for him straight up, even if the ceiling would be higher. The risk isn’t worth it to me.
    That was more or less the point that I abandoned for the the sake of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely didn’t want to trade for him because he is a jackass but he’s an elite talent

I could see it as a possibility if they hadn't signed Thomas to that mega deal.
    Really hoping Elliott and Stone get some quality PT.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I could see it as a possibility if they hadn't signed Thomas to that mega deal.
    Really hoping Elliott and Stone get some quality PT.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Oh my goodness, if Elliott can actually stay on the field he is reeeeeally good. But shut down two years in a row, you can't expect it.

Have you seen this video chat video where Tony Jefferson is selling Adams on his fit in Baltimore, and JA admits the culture is excellent?

On Twitter.