Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Exactly. A safety that’s worthy of a top contract. Not just somebody out there avoiding the action.
    Adams won’t be a Raven at least not this year

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    I think EDC and crew wont shy away from offering him some of the mega bucks set aside for guys we drafted and have contracts coming up.

Stats aside just the amount of whoop ass JA brings to the middle of the field makes us bullys again. I dont think theres a single player that could do more to make a bad defense good than him so there just no way we will get him. Some team would offer the farm or bankrupt their future if he is in fact available.
    He likely won’t be traded at least within the conference unless it’s for a kings ransom

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySharpe View Post
    He likely won’t be traded at least within the conference unless it’s for a kings ransom
    Surely the Jets don't believe they're contenders

4. Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Surely you must have heard about the Flacco signing, right? C'mon man....get w/the program.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Surely you must have heard about the Flacco signing, right? C'mon man....get w/the program.
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Oh they likely believe it lol, it’s the Jets being delusional is there forte LOL

I'm gladly ponying up next year's 1st for 2 years of Jamal Adams... it's going to be a #28-32 pick and Adams makes this defense transcendent. I want to win a damn Super Bowl before we have to pay Lamar/Ronnie, push the chips in the center of the table, lets do this.

I still think the Chiefs are the class of the AFC by a solid margin because they are off the charts resilient and talented... they are like a zombie that you can put down but can't keep down in big games. You need to bring as many transcendent players to the table as you can to put them in the grave and Adams fits that bill. The idea of him in the same secondary as Peters, Humphrey, Earl, Clark, Jimmy, and an amazing cover ILB in Queen is game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm gladly ponying up next year's 1st for 2 years of Jamal Adams... it's going to be a #28-32 pick and Adams makes this defense transcendent. I want to win a damn Super Bowl before we have to pay Lamar/Ronnie, push the chips in the center of the table, lets do this.

I still think the Chiefs are the class of the AFC by a solid margin because they are off the charts resilient and talented... they are like a zombie that you can put down but can't keep down in big games. You need to bring as many transcendent players to the table as you can to put them in the grave and Adams fits that bill. The idea of him in the same secondary as Peters, Humphrey, Earl, Clark, Jimmy, and an amazing cover ILB in Queen is game breaking.

So how can we add a number 1 WR LOL? By the way the Chiefs aren’t that far ahead of us

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

Ponying up your 1sts for 1 player is how you end up like the LA Rams.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Ponying up your 1sts for 1 player is how you end up like the LA Rams.
    For the wrong player.
    Adams is a dramatically better player then Ramsey or Cooks.

Look what Minkah dis for the Steelers. Then picture someone a good solid level better changing teams. Adams belongs in the conversation for best defensive player in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    For the wrong player.
    Adams is a dramatically better player then Ramsey or Cooks.

Look what Minkah dis for the Steelers. Then picture someone a good solid level better changing teams. Adams belongs in the conversation for best defensive player in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think he's dramatically better than Ramsey. Cooks definitely. Rams big problem isn't just those 1st rounders they traded, but they did that AND dished out a ton of huge awful contracts (primarily Goff/Cooks/Gurley) at the same time so the bill started to come due for not enough high picks AND too many huge bad contracts last year and moving forward.

Either way, for 2 firsts, I don't think I'd trade for him. For a 1st and a 4th or 5th? I probably would provided we come to a contract agreement first. And that would probably be the issue right now, he wants to be the highest paid safety in the game and we'd need to make some other serious contract moves just for this season (we'd release Thomas next year if this happened of course).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

That's the first time I've ever heard/read that Adams is s dramatically better player than Ramsey.