Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySharpe View Post
    Of course you would
    What's that supposed to mean eh??

What about say... Chuck Clark plus a first.
    I’d rather wait until next offseason, Dutch Earl and add him to a lark but... cant see the future and if we can get him now we should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What about say... Chuck Clark plus a first.
    I’d rather wait until next offseason, Dutch Earl and add him to a lark but... cant see the future and if we can get him now we should.

Double dutching Earl huh ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Oh yeah, if the Jets ever do actually want to make a trade there, Decosta loves Adams and tried to trade for him last year. Nothing happened because Douglass was trying to get a team to pony up what the Rams paid for Ramsey.

Personally, I LOVE Adams, but it remains to be seen if the Jets ever do trade him and what their actual demands are.
    Adams is an awesome player and he's 24 years old. We've never gone they 1st round pick for a player in his prime route. The Ravens have always spent up for the older guy who was great back when. It's tempting. If they could find a way to unload Earl Thomas I'd be all for it.

The Cowboys are the team I'm reading with Jamal. Trade them ET and then go after Jamal Adams. Probably too much Madden video game in that idea but it is the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Adams is an awesome player and he's 24 years old. We've never gone they 1st round pick for a player in his prime route. The Ravens have always spent up for the older guy who was great back when. It's tempting. If they could find a way to unload Earl Thomas I'd be all for it.

The Cowboys are the team I'm reading with Jamal. Trade them ET and then go after Jamal Adams. Probably too much Madden video game in that idea but it is the offseason
    Adams is a great player but he doesn't do what Earl does. Unless they're relying on his sheer ability to make it work, we'd need to find someone for Earl's role too.

Adams is great but he doesn't seem to fill a need the way an edge rusher would. In the unlikely event that we added him, it would seem like he'd push either Clark or Queen out of a starting role, depending on how we want to line up. I'd still do it, because he's that good but it would be an upgrade rather than filling a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    What's that supposed to mean eh??
    You know what that means lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Adams is a great player but he doesn't do what Earl does. Unless they're relying on his sheer ability to make it work, we'd need to find someone for Earl's role too.

Adams is great but he doesn't seem to fill a need the way an edge rusher would. In the unlikely event that we added him, it would seem like he'd push either Clark or Queen out of a starting role, depending on how we want to line up. I'd still do it, because he's that good but it would be an upgrade rather than filling a hole.
    I don’t disagree with paying that money for a pass rusher before a safety. The problem is they just aren’t available. Clowney is inconsistent and not worth anything close to Adams. Ngakoue is closer. Adams is the better player but Ngakoue plays the more important role.

Ultimately it’s comes down to whether you believe that Adams 2019 was the new normal or a fluke. Getting 6.5 sacks and 13 QB hits from the Safety position is pretty cool. If that’s the kind of things that Adams is going to do for the next 3 years then he’s pretty special. After 3 years Adams has as many sacks as Polamalu had in a hall of fame 12 year career. Getting to the QB is not the end all be all for safeties but I can see coaches getting very excited thinking about what they can do with those skills.

I know people don’t love PFF, but Jamal was either 5th or 7th in non-QB WAR...

Players like that just aren’t available, if you have a chance you take it:

I think EDC and crew wont shy away from offering him some of the mega bucks set aside for guys we drafted and have contracts coming up.

Stats aside just the amount of whoop ass JA brings to the middle of the field makes us bullys again. I dont think theres a single player that could do more to make a bad defense good than him so there just no way we will get him. Some team would offer the farm or bankrupt their future if he is in fact available.

picks, sacks,PR game, coverage, run stopping, intimidation hes one of the best football players.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    picks, sacks,PR game, coverage, run stopping, intimidation hes one of the best football players.
    Exactly. A safety that’s worthy of a top contract. Not just somebody out there avoiding the action.