Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lamar is better than Wilson.
    I repeat, they started this comparison based on averaging 3018/2019 grades.
    Lamar, thus far is a one hit wonder and they totally admitted that playing into this. In spite of that, they ranked him extremely high.
    The top 6 was
    Aaron Donald
    Mahomes
    Julio
    Kittle
    I’m blanking
    Michael Thomas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, it sounds like Douglas is trying to gauge interest in Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens were interested. It seems to me that the situation with Freaky Earl didn't go over very well with the front office.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Uhhh the year prior with Mahomes?!?!?!? lmao
    Ok... before that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Dude. Wilson is a 7x Pro Bowler and a 2x Super Bowl QB with one win. He was Rookie of the Year. Lead the league in Passer Rating.

Lamar’s just getting started...don’t let your Purple Glasses cloud your football vision. In no world is Lamar “better” than Wilson. Atleast not yet.

Is Mahomes not already better than, say, Brett Favre? I'd say so. Longevity is important but you can still tell pretty early in some cases how great a particular player is.

Is Mahomes not already better than, say, Brett Favre? I'd say so. Longevity is important but you can still tell pretty early in some cases how great a particular player is.
    Mahomes has a LONG way to go to be able to hold Brett Favre's jock. For starters he'd have to win two more MVPs. (Favre won 3 in a row.) And then he'd have to get on the leader board in a couple of categories. In Favre's case, it would be hard to find something he is not in the top 5 in.

Is Mahomes best season better than Favre's best season? Maybe. But maybe not. Compare Mahomes '18 to Favre's '95. Especially once you adjust for era, there's not much separating them.

Mahomes would have to continue playing at this level for at least another decade before we could start having this conversation. Once Mahomes record-breaking contract hits and KC has to start letting a lot of quality players go, Mahomes performance could start to drop off considerably. Also injuries can happen. Take a look at Bert Jones career. How often do you hear his name come up in the "greatest QB of all time" conversation?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Mahomes has a LONG way to go to be able to hold Brett Favre's jock. For starters he'd have to win two more MVPs. (Favre won 3 in a row.) And then he'd have to get on the leader board in a couple of categories. In Favre's case, it would be hard to find something he is not in the top 5 in.

Is Mahomes best season better than Favre's best season? Maybe. But maybe not. Compare Mahomes '18 to Favre's '95. Especially once you adjust for era, there's not much separating them.

Mahomes would have to continue playing at this level for at least another decade before we could start having this conversation. Once Mahomes record-breaking contract hits and KC has to start letting a lot of quality players go, Mahomes performance could start to drop off considerably. Also injuries can happen. Take a look at Bert Jones career. How often do you hear his name come up in the "greatest QB of all time" conversation?
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Dude. Wilson is a 7x Pro Bowler and a 2x Super Bowl QB with one win. He was Rookie of the Year. Lead the league in Passer Rating.

Lamar’s just getting started...don’t let your Purple Glasses cloud your football vision. In no world is Lamar “better” than Wilson. Atleast not yet.

Agreed. I love Lamar but he’s still a little behind Russel. No shame in that though. He will pass him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Mahomes after his first year starting has already far surpassed Bretts peak. He's on pace to absolutely shatter all time passing records.

You can’t honestly think longevity has extreme value, can you?

Blog Entries

This thread has really run the gamut of topics.

It's pretty easy for me.

If you are starting/building a franchise, Jackson.

If you have one season to win the SB, Wilson.

I'm not sure I'd say Wilson is better. Small sample size for sure, but Lamar was really freaking good last year. I'd say I'd trust Russ more to win me a playoff game right now, though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Mahomes after his first year starting has already far surpassed Bretts peak. He's on pace to absolutely shatter all time passing records.
    Yes, and the Patriots were on pace to be the best defense of all time last year. How did that end up?

Talking about what a guy is on pace to do when he's played all of 31 games in the NFL? That's like talking about a guy who's on pace to break the single-season home run record in the second week in April.

As for him far surpassing Bret's peak, you need to do a little more investigating on Brett Favre. In Favre's peak he won three straight MVPs, three straight 1st Team All Pro, went to three straight conference championships, two straight Super Bowls, and won one. Favre's peak lasted longer than Mahomes has even been in the league.

Even if Favre's career had only been three seasons long, he was still more dominant than Mahomes has been to date. And that's all completely ignoring his longevity and durability -- which includes a ridiculous *297* consecutive starts. That's ignoring his 24 playoff games. That's ignoring his place in the top five of nearly every career QB stat there is.

I like Mahomes. Love to watch him play. But seriously man. This comparison will continue to be ridiculous until at least 2030.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Favre essentially played in a different league. Defenses are much softer today and the rules are geared in favor of QBs. Stats alone arent really a fair comparison against QBs of the past.