Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Blog Entries

Re: Jamal Adams

on that note Marcus Allen was an effective at what 200?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    He's way smaller than Ricard and Boyle. He's 223 lbs. Project Pat has almost a hundred pounds on him, and Boyle has half a foot on him.

Zriebec in the Sun used Juszczyk as a comp, which makes some sense and is kind of interesting. Ricard is only a weapon in the passing game because no one ever covers him and it takes half the defense to bring him down. A 4.48 guy you'd have to account for.

Of course someone on here (I think it was njravensfan) actually watched tape on the guy and indicated he's really not much of a football player.
    I agree with the comparison, but it seems clear the path for this young man to make the team is crush it on special teams and show the ability to become Juszczyk like for the offense. The USFA flier makes sense seeing the numbers and the comparable/ceiling; we’ll all see how it shakes out.

On topic love Adams and the Ravens did allegedly try for him last year. My guess is Thomas would be the odd man out, but logistically that’s going to be tough dollar wise without moving Judon (Thomas gone after this coming season) or getting other cap relief (I’m not too smart there 🤷*♂️). Another article made the point that Adams would preclude at least 1-2 other risers from getting paid (Stanley, Humphrey, keeping judon after this year, Andrews, Hollywood, etc.).

Reason the team works is players outperforming rookie deals and signing good grit players to fair affordable deals (Richard, Clark). It’s going to continue to be really interesting to watch our GM work!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    I agree with the comparison, but it seems clear the path for this young man to make the team is crush it on special teams and show the ability to become Juszczyk like for the offense. The USFA flier makes sense seeing the numbers and the comparable/ceiling; we’ll all see how it shakes out.

On topic love Adams and the Ravens did allegedly try for him last year. My guess is Thomas would be the odd man out, but logistically that’s going to be tough dollar wise without moving Judon (Thomas gone after this coming season) or getting other cap relief (I’m not too smart there *). Another article made the point that Adams would preclude at least 1-2 other risers from getting paid (Stanley, Humphrey, keeping judon after this year, Andrews, Hollywood, etc.).

Reason the team works is players outperforming rookie deals and signing good grit players to fair affordable deals (Richard, Clark). It’s going to continue to be really interesting to watch our GM work!
    Adams is probably better than almost everyone mentioned... PFF #20 overall for 2020, 2019 #7 in Non-QB WAR

ESPN reported the other day Stanley likely to get largest ever non-QB contract...

Tough decisions, but if you can get a player of Adams quality you kind of have to get him.

BTW Lamar is #8 on the PFF top 50, just after Russel Wilson @7, Mahomes @2. Not bad being that their initial starting point was 2018/2019 2 year average grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Adams is probably better than almost everyone mentioned... PFF #20 overall for 2020, 2019 #7 in Non-QB WAR
    Who were the six above him? Is that public data?

ESPN reported the other day Stanley likely to get largest ever non-QB contract...
    Not much of a surprise - if anybody's going to get one it should be the best LT, RUSH or CB in the game. And until Trent Williams proves otherwise, Stanley is one of those.

Tough decisions, but if you can get a player of Adams quality you kind of have to get him.
    Well, there is one way of looking at his. Adams isn't going to have a big cap hit this season, about $3.59 mil if he's traded. If the option kicks in, his cap hit is a large but not astronomical $9.86 mil. If all the team wants is those two years, and then they let him go for a 3rd round comp, they can fit him into the cap structure without sacrificing their own.

If they can somehow talk the Jets into say, a 2nd and 3rd rounder + Deshon Elliott, they essentially get two years of prime Jamal Adams for a 2nd round pick and (maybe) two years of Elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Who were the six above him? Is that public data?

Not much of a surprise - if anybody's going to get one it should be the best LT, RUSH or CB in the game. And until Trent Williams proves otherwise, Stanley is one of those.

Well, there is one way of looking at his. Adams isn't going to have a big cap hit this season, about $3.59 mil if he's traded. If the option kicks in, his cap hit is a large but not astronomical $9.86 mil. If all the team wants is those two years, and then they let him go for a 3rd round comp, they can fit him into the cap structure without sacrificing their own.

If they can somehow talk the Jets into say, a 2nd and 3rd rounder + Deshon Elliott, they essentially get two years of prime Jamal Adams for a 2nd round pick and (maybe) two years of Elliott.
    I don’t pay for their data and don’t believe this is public. I watch them on YouTube primarily.
    They just put out a podcast yesterday with the top 50 of 2020.
    The WAR number came from videos about the potential landing spots in trade scenarios from a couple weeks ago.

David Bakhtiari maybe can disagree with that statement, maybe. Regardless, Stanley is on the short list for the conversation and the ONLY one on that short list entering his prime instead of exiting it.

I think, it would be pretty imperative to sign him long term. I don’t believe it would cost us Stanley or Hump but would likely cost us Judon. Also, would likely end ET’s stay here prematurely(perhaps next offseason, certainly by the following offseason when Adams contract would explode up to the $15/16m range.

I don’t believe the Jets will move him without a first round pick involved.

BTW Lamar is #8 on the PFF top 50, just after Russel Wilson @7, Mahomes @2. Not bad being that their initial starting point was 2018/2019 2 year average grade.

Lamar is better than Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lamar is better than Wilson.
    Aside from pure fandom ....I’d LOVE to hear how?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Aside from pure fandom ....I’d LOVE to hear how?

The season that Lamar just had.. Wilson has never had. First full year as a starter and you're the NFL MVP?? Whens the last time if ever that's happened

The season that Lamar just had.. Wilson has never had. First full year as a starter and you're the NFL MVP?? Whens the last time if ever that's happened
    Uhhh the year prior with Mahomes?!?!?!? lmao

That they love Adams so much makes it all the more baffling that they didn't pick Derwin James when he was there for taking. He's pretty much the same player as Adams. Where did he rank in that list?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That they love Adams so much makes it all the more baffling that they didn't pick Derwin James when he was there for taking. He's pretty much the same player as Adams. Where did he rank in that list?
    31, but they made a point to say that his “down year” due to injuries etc was pulling him down but they prior year they had them back to back. JA brings a bit more as an edge rusher, while Derwin brings a bit more deep CF. Minor degrees but that’s how they separate them ever so slightly.

Looking back, I’d we somehow could have gotten Derwin, Lamar, Mandrews and Zeus2 that would have been the best draft ever, and that’s not entirely outlandish.

Dude. Wilson is a 7x Pro Bowler and a 2x Super Bowl QB with one win. He was Rookie of the Year. Lead the league in Passer Rating.

Lamar’s just getting started...don’t let your Purple Glasses cloud your football vision. In no world is Lamar “better” than Wilson. Atleast not yet.