Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Blog Entries

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, it’s NOT like Desjon Elliot.
    At least we have seen Tavo
    n and Jimmy(especially) play at a high level.
    Deshon is pure conjecture.

Sorry, had to interject that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh, I'm not talking about quality of player, just talking about availability. We have seen Tavon and Smith play a high level but we've also seen them both miss significant time. Tavon has missed 2 complete seasons in 4 years, Jimmy has played two complete seasons in 9 years. Elliott looks to be in that same boat injury wise - we don't know if he is as good as those two or not, you are right.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I love Jimmy Smith, but my nickname for him has always been Jimmy "12 game" Smith because you can count on him to miss about a quarter of the season every year.
    I was joking with a coworker that we should hope he gets hurt in preseason so it's the first four games he misses instead of the playoffs...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Expand on that
    Two reasons -- first, the development of the TE and RB positions as receiver. Now you can put a CB on the move TE but the traditional counter is a safety. Now we have the development of the S/LB hybrid, which I imagine will have its own positional designation in the future. There are far fewer LBers that can match up with the modern TE than there are safeties. And as far as RB, you're hardly considered winning material anymore if you can't receive catches. The best RBs are almost expected to add 500 receiving yards to their YFS total.

Second, defenses spend more time in the nickel than "base" defense -- nickel is the new base. And they spend more time in the dime as well. Safeties are asked to do more for a defense than they ever have before. The days of one safety are over and the days of three safeties are much more prevalent as opposing offenses field 4 or 5 WR sets.

That said, I'm not ready to call S more important than CB. I just think it'd be interesting analysis.

Does safety/linebacker hybrid already have a name(Rover)?

I once heard it called "Giant Dime" back, because the Giants were the first to frequently take a linebacker off the field and--rather than adding a fourth CB--instead added a third safety to play in the box, but with coverage responsibilities that would normally go to the LB.

But I don't think that is frequently used.

Blog Entries

I always referred to it as kind of a "Jack" defender. Anthony Levine is a good example...as was Deone Buchannon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm a real big fan of Chuck Clark wearing the green dot and I'm not sure I'd want to move him to FS if we ditched Earl. And speaking of Earl, everyone seems to be really down on him. Why? Because that one stiff-arm?

If we have excess money to spend I'd rather bring in a TE if there's anyone good available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm a real big fan of Chuck Clark wearing the green dot and I'm not sure I'd want to move him to FS if we ditched Earl. And speaking of Earl, everyone seems to be really down on him. Why? Because that one stiff-arm?

If we have excess money to spend I'd rather bring in a TE if there's anyone good available.
    Yeah, if Andrews or Boyle goes down that position becomes paper thin. TE3 to me is the most wide open position on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Yeah, if Andrews or Boyle goes down that position becomes paper thin. TE3 to me is the most wide open position on the team.
    Not disputing that, but I’m curious what teams people think have better depth through entirety of the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    Not disputing that, but I’m curious what teams people think have better depth through entirety of the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Not many. New Orleans, but their franchise QB is twice Lamar's age. San Francisco, depending on how you feel about Jimmy G. Indianapolis is close, but they don't have as many studs in the secondary and again, old franchise QB (that just changed franchises).

Really I look up and down the rosters and nobody is better than Baltimore. Perhaps equal, but not better.

Baltimore
    Kansas City
    New Orleans
    San Francisco
    Indianapolis
    Cleveland
    Buffalo

Those seven teams I see have the most talent across the roster. I'd take Tennessee, Dallas and LA (Chargers) to round out the top ten.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 05-31-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Baltimore
    Kansas City
    New Orleans
    San Francisco
    Indianapolis
    Cleveland
    Buffalo

Those seven teams I see have the most talent across the roster. I'd take Tennessee, Dallas and LA (Chargers) to round out the top ten.

That's a very accurate top 10. Just as I was scanning your list and thinking "Yes, but what about..", I saw you'd added the exact 3 teams I was thinking about.

I'll try the next 6 to make up the top half in no particular order.

Tampa Bay
    Raiders
    Green Bay
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Denver

Minnesota is somewhere in the first list... certainly not left off the second list.