Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Exercise bike or Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Ok. Here is my cheap perspective

A little background. I grew up in the 80’s. Used to race BMX bikes (was nationally ranked, but it wasn’t very popular). Transitioned into mountain biking and started racing them. Eventually ended up just recreational biking at Loch raven and patapsco. Then I had a bad wreck. (Showing off, trying to go down a hill that wasn’t on the trail). Ended up flipping several times, tore up my knee, rotator cuff, broke my forearm. After that, the old cannondale Hung on the rack for 10 years.
    I also had an excercise rack for the bike (allowed me to ride it in the house)

After the wreck, I struggled to run. For the last 15 years I haven’t found a workout routine I could stick to.
    I Recently got an elliptical. I now use it everyday and walk a two mile loop in the neighborhood. Since the beginning of lockdown (mid March) I have dropped from 170 to 161.
    I pulled the bike out last week and went for a ride behind the local school trails.

For me, the elliptical burns more calories. Unless you can find a big hill to climb, biking is half workout, half coasting.

The excercise rack was a good workout, but boring.
    Peloton has a free 90 trail for the app. It’s nice to have people motivating you while you workout. But after the 90days, you have to pay $12/mo

I also got an Apple Watch. I used to laugh at people with them. But the excercise circles are motivating. I have closed my rings every single day since I got it a month ago.

I read the story about yanda. He said he cut calories and walks a few miles a day. You don’t need a $3500 peloton bike to get in shape.

But hey, what ever motivates you to get off the couch, is probably worth the money you save in health care cost.
    We're close in weight. Since the start of lockdown I dropped from 173-164. If you don't mind me asking, how long do you use the elliptical? I have one also and use it on rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    We're close in weight. Since the start of lockdown I dropped from 173-164. If you don't mind me asking, how long do you use the elliptical? I have one also and use it on rainy days.
    I have a norditrack with 20 levels. I set it in the middle and go for 25 mins. It says I burn about 400-450 calories. As soon as I finish, I do a routine I found online
    25 jumping jacks, 15 pushups, 15 crunches, 15 squats with a 25lb dumbbell. No breaks, repeat 4 times. When done, I have done 100jacks, 60 of everything else. Takes about 5 mins.

I do this m-f. Walk the 2 mile loop anytime it isn’t raining. Try do to hikes on the weekends.

Surprisingly. Now that I have the Apple Watch and it tracks everything. Cutting my yard is like walking 3 miles and I burn 600 calories. Takes an hour.
    I also tried to cut back on sweets a little. But I like my chocolate covered pretzels

I have a norditrack with 20 levels. I set it in the middle and go for 25 mins. It says I burn about 400-450 calories. As soon as I finish, I do a routine I found online
    25 jumping jacks, 15 pushups, 15 crunches, 15 squats with a 25lb dumbbell. No breaks, repeat 4 times. When done, I have done 100jacks, 60 of everything else. Takes about 5 mins.

I also tried to cut back on sweets a little. But I like my chocolate covered pretzels
    I think if I was furloughed I'd be losing weight. We were drinking more early on and my wife and kids started making cookie dough and rice crispy treats a lot which isn't helpful.

I have a treadmill but might as well walk instead of using that. I think I'd use a bike a lot.

When I was in my 40's I did a lot of Tabata workouts like what you describe above. I like to lift then run/do cardio however.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont have a bike...we have an elliptical, but my wife primarily uses that.

Everyone seems to be on the Pellotan (sp?) kick these days, but man those things are expensive.

I too have been sniffing around exercise bikes. I'd like to get an actual bike, but the problem is out where I am it is a lot of country roads that don't really have a good spot to ride on without interfering in traffic.
    Yeah the pellaton bike is absolutely ridiculously expensive and its like $40 a month or somehting for their service. SCREW THAT

They are now making a home gym similar to the pellaton service thing, its a computerized unit that hangs on the wall and has two bars that come off it. I googled it but cant recall the name of it now, it was like $3000. lol

I do dump runs for people here and there, quick easy money especially right now with the lockdown, wife didnt get paid for two months. I have seen people throw away some nice stuff for no good reason.

I have re sold a bunch of patio furniture, TVS, coolers, tools, video games, Lawn mowers that people throw away. But the bike was one of the dumbest I have ever seen. Literally paid me $50 to haul away the bike and it doesnt have a scratch on it. I think someone bought it, and tried putting together and lost the part and gave up.

Blog Entries

I do this m-f. Walk the 2 mile loop anytime it isn’t raining. Try do to hikes on the weekends.

Surprisingly. Now that I have the Apple Watch and it tracks everything. Cutting my yard is like walking 3 miles and I burn 600 calories. Takes an hour.
    Nice! I do 25 minutes as well on fat burning mode. I bought a Sole E35 for my wife years ago. She hasn't used it much, but I've been using it since the lockdown. I like your additional work out. I'll add that as well.

The elliptical on rainy days and the cyclocross bike on nice days has been my general routine. Plus trying to eat reasonably. But every so often I can't help myself and I eat a bit much. It's amazing when you do this everyday how in tune you become to your body and how it reacts to certain food, etc.

I got lazy and hired a lawn cutting service. But I do mulch my gardens and keep them clean. Like you said, even the yard work burns a lot of calories.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I've been walking 3-5 miles daily with weights after my gym closed. Monday & Tuesday here in Cincitucky, we had nonstop torrential rains, so bored to death, I got this ancient rowing machine I inherited out of storage. WOW.

Half an hour on it & I'm wiped out. Awesome core machine that hits most muscle groups and great cardio.

Highly recommend and you can probably get a used one for a song.

We had a Total Fitness machine no one was using, so I had put that on Craig's List. Sold it right before everything shut down in March

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yeah the pellaton bike is absolutely ridiculously expensive and its like $40 a month or somehting for their service. SCREW THAT

They are now making a home gym similar to the pellaton service thing, its a computerized unit that hangs on the wall and has two bars that come off it. I googled it but cant recall the name of it now, it was like $3000. lol

I do dump runs for people here and there, quick easy money especially right now with the lockdown, wife didnt get paid for two months. I have seen people throw away some nice stuff for no good reason.

I have re sold a bunch of patio furniture, TVS, coolers, tools, video games, Lawn mowers that people throw away. But the bike was one of the dumbest I have ever seen. Literally paid me $50 to haul away the bike and it doesnt have a scratch on it. I think someone bought it, and tried putting together and lost the part and gave up.
    That thing is neat. Adjusts the weight via magnets... And at only 3x the cost of my rack, bar, and plates...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've lost about thirty pounds in the last month or so doing a keto diet and exercising. Exercise is basic stuff out in the yard while working with my son on football drills; 240 jumping jacks, 20 sprints, 100 body-weight squats. Then hit the weight machine after dinner. I've also got a non-motorized lawnmower to cut grass once a week which takes an hour.

My Yanda jersey was a little tight when I got it for Christmas, and it fits great now.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This has been what I've done since the shutdown. Great stuff.

https://ddpyoga.com/
    DDP has been really intriguing to me.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    DDP has been really intriguing to me.
    Diamond Dallas Page runs yoga now?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk