Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All Baltimore City Public Events Canceled thru 8/31

Mayor Jack Young just announced that all Baltimore City public events are cancelled thru 8/31 especially the July 4th fireworks. Ravens play two preseason games in August here. No mention of live sports. Have to believe they are included unless they play those games without fans.
    It's starting to feel more and more like we're going to have a shorten NFL season with no fans.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Re: All Baltimore City Public Events Canceled thru 8/31

Doesn't include sporting events although it obviously wouldn't shock me if that changes.

I'm in favor of doing this "opening" back up very carefully and slowly...probably due to my experience as well as my wife's and a couple other friends...but August 31st seems like such a long time away I think it's a bit overboard to make that decisions this far out.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Technically not a public event if you don't invite the public, so I wouldn't assume that football activities (NFL at least) will be included here.

IMO it should really not be a surprise to anyone at this point that they will be playing the games with no fans. Been pretty clear for a month or two.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Doesn't include sporting events although it obviously wouldn't shock me if that changes.

I'm in favor of doing this "opening" back up very carefully and slowly...probably due to my experience as well as my wife's and a couple other friends...but August 31st seems like such a long time away I think it's a bit overboard to make that decisions this far out.
    sounds like they somewhat agree

Young said he’s open to reconsidering the cancellations if the number of COVID-19 cases in the city improves.
    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...events-latest/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Better to plan to open up activities and such later and if you are able to open them earlier than you expect, that's great, vs. saying activities are cancelled until June 30th and having to extend it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Not surprising at this point. The city is a Covid-19 shit show. It's way worse than surrounding areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Technically not a public event if you don't invite the public, so I wouldn't assume that football activities (NFL at least) will be included here.

IMO it should really not be a surprise to anyone at this point that they will be playing the games with no fans. Been pretty clear for a month or two.
    There will not be an nfl season in 2020. Lots of false hope out there. Ever leader in Maryland (and a majority of NFL cities) are very happy to keep things shut down through the summer.

We don’t even know what numbers we have to

Hit to get to phase 2. Sports is phase three.

The lockdown will go through the fall. Why would they lift it? Most people love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    judging from the videos on social media, nothing is changing in east and west baltimore, its a non stop street party

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Not surprising at this point. The city is a Covid-19 shit show. It's way worse than surrounding areas.
    No it's not. Baltimore County is worse. And Montgomery and PG counties are WAY worse.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Attendance at preseason games is low enough that you could practice social distancing easily. Just limit attendance to 15,000. Should cover those who will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    No it's not. Baltimore County is worse. And Montgomery and PG counties are WAY worse.
    Montgomery and PG counties don't surround Balitmore City, so I am was only referring to the metro area. The city has the highest per capita rate of confirmed cases (more than Baltimore, Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll or Harford), and they practice less social distancing than any other surrounding county. Those numbers are only going to go up in the city. Deaths among African-Americans is substantially higher than other racial/ethninc groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Attendance at preseason games is low enough that you could practice social distancing easily.
    You would think that would be way enough but then this quote from a NOLO book comes to mind"

" 1896, there were only four automobiles registered in all of the United States. Two of them ran into each other in St. Louis."