Blog Entries

State has right to 'plunge a needle into your arm

Dershowitz stood strong on the impeachment against Trump, but it appears he's back to his old ways/

Alan Dershowitz: State has right to 'plunge a needle into your arm'
    https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/alan-der...ge-needle-arm/

Dershowitz added that there are "cases after cases after cases" in which courts have ruled in favor of "reasonable actions to prevent the spread of communicable diseases."

Who get's to decide reasonable? If I don't think it's reasonable to take a vaccine (for whatever reason) who gets to decide I'm wrong?

Re: State has right to 'plunge a needle into your arm

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Dershowitz stood strong on the impeachment against Trump, but it appears he's back to his old ways/

Dershowitz added that there are "cases after cases after cases" in which courts have ruled in favor of "reasonable actions to prevent the spread of communicable diseases."

Who get's to decide reasonable? If I don't think it's reasonable to take a vaccine (for whatever reason) who gets to decide I'm wrong?
    As a Constitutional lawyer...Dershowitz is out of his damn mind with this take.

This is absolutely ludicrous.

Weird. Really thought this was going to be about lethal injection. (guess it still could be if they mess up the vaccine)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I think Alan is taking s big leap from quarantining someone who has a contagious disease, to doing it because thy MIGHT possibly get a contagious disease sometime in the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think Alan is taking s big leap from quarantining someone who has a contagious disease, to doing it because thy MIGHT possibly get a contagious disease sometime in the future.
    Whatever happened to "my body, my choice"?

Whatever happened to "my body, my choice"?
    Or you know, due process

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Or you know, due process
    I'd be genuinely curious how there could be forced vaccination, even with due process.

And for the record, I'm not claiming anyone is going to try it or not, just an interesting conversation based of Deroshowitz comments'

There have been diseases that were eradicated by vaccine - polio, measles, etc - only to make comebacks recently in large part by anti-vaxers. In MD, your child can not attend public schools (don't know about private) without an immunization record which includes the mmr - measles, mumps, rubella. Is that any different than "forced vaccination"?

Other vaccines are highly suggested but not forced, like the flu vaccine. You can still attend school without the flu vaccine.

You'd think a Jewish man would be more averse to the sort of things that were all the rage in Dachau and Bergen-Belsen. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    There have been diseases that were eradicated by vaccine - polio, measles, etc - only to make comebacks recently in large part by anti-vaxers. In MD, your child can not attend public schools (don't know about private) without an immunization record which includes the mmr - measles, mumps, rubella. Is that any different than "forced vaccination"?

Other vaccines are highly suggested but not forced, like the flu vaccine. You can still attend school without the flu vaccine.
    They do allow religious and medical exceptions. Believe private schools are the same. In that case you still have the choice to home school.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    As a Constitutional lawyer...Dershowitz is out of his damn mind with this take.

This is absolutely ludicrous.
    What is ridiculous is his opening statement of saying "The state has the right too..."

The state has no "rights to..." anything against the public... they have a very clear framework of what they can and cannot do... it is the people who give the state it's rights by votes and quorums. Everything he said after, "the state has a right to..." was factually incorrect. The states MUST adhere to their boundaries, of which, acting punitively against it's own people over ORDERS (not laws) is illegal as hell every single time... this isn't a fiefdom...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    What is ridiculous is his opening statement of saying "The state has the right too..."

The state has no "rights to..." anything against the public... they have a very clear framework of what they can and cannot do... it is the people who give the state it's rights by votes and quorums. Everything he said after, "the state has a right to..." was factually incorrect. The states MUST adhere to their boundaries, of which, acting punitively against it's own people over ORDERS (not laws) is illegal as hell every single time... this isn't a fiefdom...
    This COVID deal is a once in a lifetime situation and there’s insane amounts of money tied to it. Dershowitz “playing the game” sounds plausible to me.