Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Re: Ravens 2020 Backfield and Running Game

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He’s 5’10 232... I think Ricard has a few years to worry about getting unseated by him.
    Not necessarily. I don't think it would happen this year owing to the leap in competition even if he does make the roster, but a 235 pound fullback in a pass happy league is plenty big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He was running away from everybody because the “everybody” was defenders for the Presbyterian Blue Hose and the Campbell Fighting Camels
    Again, the Ravens have nine players on their roster from FCS teams, including Patrick Ricard.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Edgar Allen does a rookie rundown on your favorite RB:

Good hands as a receiver; growth in decisiveness down the stretch; a hint of trying to do too much instead of taking what's there. (But mostly early, I gather?)
    I like the plays he chose to illustrate Hill’s skillset. Imo you gotta keep Hill. Edgar Allen chose 2 of those same run plays I earlier in this thread.
    I hope he’s part of the running back going forward after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Not necessarily. I don't think it would happen this year owing to the leap in competition even if he does make the roster, but a 235 pound fullback in a pass happy league is plenty big enough.

Again, the Ravens have nine players on their roster from FCS teams, including Patrick Ricard.
    Maybe some other team. Our FB is 305... we are the most run heavy team in recent memory.

Clearly he wouldn’t need to bulk up to 300, but I cannot imagine him lead blocking in this offense without gaining 30#...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

You’re not understanding what I’m saying.

I’m in no way saying coming from a shitty FCS school disqualifies you from making the team. I’m saying it adds to my already heavy skepticism about his athletic testing.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    You’re not understanding what I’m saying.

I’m in no way saying coming from a shitty FCS school disqualifies you from making the team. I’m saying it adds to my already heavy skepticism about his athletic testing.
    Ah, now I understand. Thing is I come from a D-II school and four people my sophomore year were drafted, one of them a 10 year starter at Mike so it's not as big a deal to me. A lot of times people don't go D-1 because of grades or some other reason not dealing with football. Corey Dillion playing for us or Washington came down to him passing a class, which he obviously did. Janoris Jenkins did play for us and we weren't his first choice either. I probably wouldn't draft a FCS player in the first, regardless of combine numbers.

As I said earlier, for me it's not so much about questioning his athletic prowess as it is about him being a good football player. We had plenty of athletic guys, but can they play football in the NFL is another question entirely. Making plays at a lower level of competition is easy if you're a great athlete. Making plays when you're an average athlete (relatively speaking) is what it takes in the NFL.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe some other team. Our FB is 305... we are the most run heavy team in recent memory.

Clearly he wouldn’t need to bulk up to 300, but I cannot imagine him lead blocking in this offense without gaining 30#...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think of the goal-line formation with him and Ricard running behind Hercules.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    I’ve been away from the board and following football for quite some time. How does a guy with Rechsteiner’s measureables and performance not get noticed?
    Part of the reason is because his measurables are very much in doubt. The NFL has means of acquiring more accurate game specific testing numbers. They barely rely on combine numbers which are official and standardized but they think even less of pro-day numbers and I doubt they care at all about socially distanced unverified testing numbers.

Blog Entries

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rookie-...-2020-my-top-7
    NFL rookie running backs: Who'll be most productive in 2020? My top 7

Cynthia Frelund
    NFL Network Analytics Expert

5) J.K. Dobbins, Baltimore Ravens

Drafted: Round 2, No. 55 overall
    College: Ohio State

With the third-most yards after contact in the FBS since 2017 (2,652, per PFF) and the third-most last season alone (1,208), it makes sense that Dobbins had 31 rushes of 15-plus yards in 2019 (most in FBS) and forced 73 missed tackles on rushes.

Sixteen of those came in the 2019 Big Ten title game win over Wisconsin -- the third-most missed tackles forced by any player in a single 2019 game, per PFF. But for Mark Ingram and Lamar Jackson, who combined for 2,224 rushing yards last season, Dobbins' projection would have been quite a bit higher than No. 30, where he ranks among running backs in my PPR projections.

Blog Entries

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...ks-elusiveness

Ranking the NFL's 32 starting running backs by elusiveness

21. MARK INGRAM II, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ingram will have plenty of competition for touches in the Ravens’ backfield and could end up being surpassed by J.K. Dobbins at some point in the season, but he’s probably done enough to at least start the year atop the depth chart. His north-south running style played well in his first season in Baltimore, as he headlined the backfield of the league’s best rushing attack. Ingram averaged over 3 yards after contact per carry in 2019 and forced a missed tackle on nearly one-fifth of his carries. He wasn’t asked to do much as a receiver, but he did force an additional five missed tackles on 26 receptions. Nearly 31 years old, Ingram is probably on the downswing, but he should remain a reliable option for Greg Roman’s offense next season.
    #1 Rushing offense in the league but the lead back is only 21st in elusiveness.....that's why JK Dobbins is here
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-11-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Was re-watching the 2nd Steeler's game highlights:

Blog Entries

JK Dobbins presser starts ~18:00

Transcript:
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ess-conference
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    ...I don't want Hill or Edwards being traded but if DeCosta gets value, vaya con dios.
    If it were me I would be tempted to get Dobbins/Ingram each to 1,000 yards but.....here's what I would do:
    Dobbins - 200
    Ingram - 150
    Edwards/Hill- 100

I think loyalty to Ingram and Ingram's own desire to get 1,000 will play a role in the carries breakdown

Here's what I think they'll do:
    Ingram -200
    Dobbins- 120
    Edwards - 80
    Hill - 50
    John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by John Harbaugh
    "He's definitely going to have probably a significant role," Head Coach John Harbaugh said Tuesday. "But again, it comes down to how it goes.

"He's looked really good in practice. He works really hard. He's just the most coachable guy. He has a lot of talent, and he's very coachable. So, he wants to be good, he wants to play. He's confident. Confidence plus coachability plus talent; it's a pretty good combination."
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said