Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Possible shocking news

This will make or break OP

Blog Entries

Never known HH to start threads with nonsense but at the same time, the noise about this has died down so it would be odd to release him at this point. This is "yesterday's news" especially with the run on players actually being arrested and/or charged with stuff in the past few days.

Can we even absorb the cap hit from releasing him without making significant moves or contract reworking? I can't imagine the team wants to do that. There would have to be more to this story that we don't know about getting ready to come out.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I will say he put the disclaimer of I hope its inaccurate. So hes not all the way sold on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Why would they release/buy him out instead of trading him? Is this a "no trade" period?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I have "known" Hello Harv for almost 2 decades here and prior to this over at Sunspot. we have met a couple of times in person and I know things about his background. He is not one to make things up out of thin air. If he took the time to post this, you can bet he has some info that is pertinent to this situation, whether it turns out to be true or not, he has some information that was provided to him from a source more reliable than the local tabloid "journalist" at the Sun.

The one scenario I could see is that there is some more incriminating things that Earl has done that the team knows about but we don't yet.
    "Chin up, chest out."

To play devil's advocate on why the Ravens would potentially cut him (Dead Money / Contract aside):

1. They're actively trying to get away from players who place themselves in these situations since Rice (Not saying it's the same, but negative press is negative press).
    2. He hasn't been a "Great" team player behind scenes. RE: Argument he had with BWill when Earl was called out for not going 100%.
    3. The money he's being paid is up in the top of the team and his actions set a poor precedent for a younger team.
    4. His overall level of play hasn't lived up to his name nor his contract.
    5. EDC/Harbs are confident that we're able to replace his snaps if cut.

I agree these are all somewhat anencdotal and just observations from afar, but feel if accurate definitely paint the picture that this signing hasn't gone the way they expected. Earl's latest spat could have been the last straw.

With all this in mind, going back to the contract side, I'm curious if the organizaiton has any legal rights to not have to pay ET if he does certain things. As I'm not a CBA or NFL Contract expert, I'm not sure if there is certain language highlighting if the players get invovled in domestic disputes (Guilty or not) they can be waived or bought out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The one scenario I could see is that there is some more incriminating things that Earl has done that the team knows about but we don't yet.
    That's what I was wondering as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    To play devil's advocate on why the Ravens would potentially cut him (Dead Money / Contract aside):

1. They're actively trying to get away from players who place themselves in these situations since Rice (Not saying it's the same, but negative press is negative press).
    2. He hasn't been a "Great" team player behind scenes. RE: Argument he had with BWill when Earl was called out for not going 100%.
    3. The money he's being paid is up in the top of the team and his actions set a poor precedent for a younger team.
    4. His overall level of play hasn't lived up to his name nor his contract.
    5. EDC/Harbs are confident that we're able to replace his snaps if cut.

I agree these are all somewhat anencdotal and just observations from afar, but feel if accurate definitely paint the picture that this signing hasn't gone the way they expected. Earl's latest spat could have been the last straw.

With all this in mind, going back to the contract side, I'm curious if the organizaiton has any legal rights to not have to pay ET if he does certain things. As I'm not a CBA or NFL Contract expert, I'm not sure if there is certain language highlighting if the players get invovled in domestic disputes (Guilty or not) they can be waived or bought out.
    When you have a CB roster including Peters, Humphrey, Jimmy, & Tavon; you have some decent flexibility.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I have "known" Hello Harv for almost 2 decades here and prior to this over at Sunspot. we have met a couple of times in person and I know things about his background. He is not one to make things up out of thin air. If he took the time to post this, you can bet he has some info that is pertinent to this situation, whether it turns out to be true or not, he has some information that was provided to him from a source more reliable than the local tabloid "journalist" at the Sun.
    thank you very much buddy

"could" hear something later today or tomorrow - unless of course something totally different happened after what i was told.....but i am sticking with my original post.

I have no sources myself and therefore no ability to endorse or challenge HH's report, either way.

I did hear an interview with an NFL player agent who looked at Thomas' contract and said there is zero chance to wiggle out of their deal based on any kind of detrimental conduct clause. I, again, have to assume that information is reliable.

In terms of the financial impact, just to clarify an earlier statement I think I saw here, if he is cut now it accelerates $10MM into their cap this year (an extra $10MM they don't currently have available, meaning it would require some other move, like extending Stanley or Judon)--and the total dead money this year would be $25MM.

So, if you asked me if I think that is likely to happen, I have to say no. But I have no way of knowing what they are thinking.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-18-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Fingers crossed