Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Week One staring interior line

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It's probably just me, but I don't see much love for Mekari. I think he's our Center unless someone takes the job, but it won't be an easy battle... Bc
    If it's a true competition between Mekari and Bozeman, I think Bozeman will win and pretty easily. If you believe in Filmstudy's (RIP to his presence here) grading style, Mekari was really not very good last year. He played in 7 games and Film had him at a D or F in 4 of them. Seems like a great example of how Lamar made linemen look better.

He was a UDFA so it's understandable his grades being thrust in as a starter as a rookie would be meh, but I don't know if I think he's the future there.

Here's what he said in the end of year recap article:

Mekari: Patrick played every snap at center after Skura was hurt. The dropoff was significant, but he has the advantages of both versatility (in theory he can play any OL position) and physicality, which the Ravens may take more time to develop.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Week one staring interior line -- I just don't see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If it's a true competition between Mekari and Bozeman, I think Bozeman will win and pretty easily. If you believe in Filmstudy's (RIP to his presence here) grading style, Mekari was really not very good last year. He played in 7 games and Film had him at a D or F in 4 of them. Seems like a great example of how Lamar made linemen look better.

He was a UDFA so it's understandable his grades being thrust in as a starter as a rookie would be meh, but I don't know if I think he's the future there.

Here's what he said in the end of year recap article:

Mekari: Patrick played every snap at center after Skura was hurt. The dropoff was significant, but he has the advantages of both versatility (in theory he can play any OL position) and physicality, which the Ravens may take more time to develop.
    Thanks for the info and your POV... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by daveyj15 View Post
    Week one staring interior line -- I just don't see it.
    I didn't say Week 1 would happen in September, or even in 2020. But I think there will eventually be football again.