Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.15.20

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Yeah, but that's always something I've been good at when it comes to food. Not working out has been REALLY hard for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If ever I meet a woman and start thinking about the possibility of children, this is something that I will take into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    gotta add the cardio to get cut. I've been biking and jumping rope mostly along with exercise and diet

check out Yanda's approach: https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...ost/_/id/52251

Breakfast
    Before: Six eggs (hard-fried or scrambled) and a cup of oatmeal with a banana and brown sugar.
    Now: Two eggs.
    Midmorning snack
    Before: Shake that included spinach, kale and fruit ("You get tired of eating and it’s easier to drink things than eat them,” Yanda said).
    Now: Half a cup of fat-free Greek yogurt with a quarter cup of blueberries.
    Lunch
    Before: 12 ounces of chicken breast with either rice or quinoa.
    Now: 3 to 4 ounces of chicken breast, turkey or tuna.
    Midafternoon snack
    Before: Granola, mixed nuts and dried mangoes by the handfuls.
    Now: A quarter cup of mixed nuts that he pre-measures in sandwich bags.
    Dinner
    Before: 12 to 13 ounces of protein (steak or chicken) with baked or sweet potato.
    Now: 3 to 4 ounces of lean protein along with cabbage, asparagus, tomatoes and peppers.
    Post-dinner snack
    Before: Granola around 8 p.m.
    Now: Nuts, baby carrots or cheese stick but nothing after 7 p.m.
    Just saw his video chat with Birk and Hensley and Holy Shit, I would have walked right past him now not knowing who he is.

My problem with cardio is severe neck and back pain just overwhelming me after a while.

I am using a bowflex and supersetting everything before the pain puts me down, but man it's working. I only used free weights (gym rat style) until 35. Shattered neck and then herniated discs in L spine out me out for 17 years. I got the bowflex and it takes away most risk of further injury. I don't know if muscles have memory from 17 years ago but after 3 months I look like I spend hours a day on free weights.

Can't explain it. The resistance on the bowflex is different but truly works. I was a skeptic but time of fad machines. I have to diet to cut unless I can figure a way to sustain cardio without so much pain. Lost a bunch of body fat by diet and bowflex while getting really muscular again but it's going to be very difficult to cut to the level when (don't read this ITT)
    I was doing some ughhh make dancing stuff...Without cardio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Just saw his video chat with Birk and Hensley and Holy Shit, I would have walked right past him now not knowing who he is.

My problem with cardio is severe neck and back pain just overwhelming me after a while.

I am using a bowflex and supersetting everything before the pain puts me down, but man it's working. I only used free weights (gym rat style) until 35. Shattered neck and then herniated discs in L spine out me out for 17 years. I got the bowflex and it takes away most risk of further injury. I don't know if muscles have memory from 17 years ago but after 3 months I look like I spend hours a day on free weights.

Can't explain it. The resistance on the bowflex is different but truly works. I was a skeptic but time of fad machines. I have to diet to cut unless I can figure a way to sustain cardio without so much pain. Lost a bunch of body fat by diet and bowflex while getting really muscular again but it's going to be very difficult to cut to the level when (don't read this ITT)
    I was doing some ughhh make dancing stuff...Without cardio
    yes Matt Birk was President of my local YMCA for a couple of years and you wouldn't have recognized him - very thin.

I'm like you - I have to find what works that doesn't screw up my back/elbow and I do a lot of body weight stuff. We do what we can...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yes Matt Birk was President of my local YMCA for a couple of years and you wouldn't have recognized him - very thin.

I'm like you - I have to find what works that doesn't screw up my back/elbow and I do a lot of body weight stuff. We do what we can...
    Getting old sucks, not that 52 is real old, but man I feel it

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If ever I meet a woman ...
    Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I miss boxing the most during the loxkdownt
    You watch UFC at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You watch UFC at all?
    Nope.

I prob wasn’t clear but I miss boxing at the gym the most. I do miss watching a boxing match also

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I prob wasn’t clear but I miss boxing at the gym the most.
    Sheesh. So many tough motherfuckers on this board. Darb's an O-lineman. You're basically Creed. I'm just a fat IT professional.

I hung a heavy bag in our garage, month or so ago – and none of us uses it!
    I also bought a double-end bag; might put that in its place. More fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Sheesh. So many tough motherfuckers on this board. Darb's an O-lineman. You're basically Creed. I'm just a fat IT professional.

I hung a heavy bag in our garage, month or so ago – and none of us uses it!
    I also bought a double-end bag; might put that in its place. More fun.
    Boxing and swimming are my two favorite workouts. I can’t do the whole running thing

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Got up at 6:30 and went out and added another section to my garden box just for my zucchini and cucumbers. Need to tack in some landscaping fabric and get some soil from Home Depot. I also used some old Christmas gift cards to pick up a Weber grill. I got the basic Spirit II three burner. I like how solid the next model up costs for another 50 bucks but it was on casters and when I have to move the grill off the patio they will suck. I like the way the gas bottle hangs up off the ground on the side too on the basic model so I don't have to bend down too far to turn it on and off. If you are thinking that's old man thinking you are right.

We have a bunch of kids of now for the first time in forever out back swimming and sunning by the pool. Fuck the lockdown. We cleared it with all parents involved and I think everyone is feeling like we need to let the kids live and be kids.
    With the stay at home order lifted, my kids have finally gotten to play with their friends a couple times. They have been insanely pumped.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What you’re feeding yourself is also feeding the twins. I’ve always wondered about that with women. Why fill up on junk? That’s the same junk your baby starts out with isn’t it?
    Eating too much junk during pregnancy also can start the baby off with some health risks as well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Getting old sucks, not that 52 is real old, but man I feel it
    I turn 58 in six months. This shit's getting real.