Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.15.20

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    same age. One thing this quarantine has done is getting me on a regime. I can do 100 jump ropes in 45 secs - am up to 50 pushups without pause. Doing what I can...
    Nice!
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I ran track in college and marathons afterwards until my knees gave out. Miss running terribly, and now I am a blob. Wish I could do swimming but always hated the idea.
    I love running. That's what's kept me sane during the outbreak. Aside from a pulled hamstring once in a while I have no complaints. Have you tried taking collagen supplements? They work for me. I'm about to turn 56, btw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Nice!
    I started taking those collagen supplements a couple of weeks ago and I think you may be the one that mentioned it. I'm using this: https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Pept...0267597&sr=8-5

Not sure I can tell any diff but will try for a while. I am like you guys - takes a toll on me when I work in the yard all day like I did today. I use BCAAs afterwards too, also powder form.

I know some younger guys who swear by Animal Flex and say if they don't take it for a week their joints hurt. I've been taking it too but not sure I can tell anything.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I love running. That's what's kept me sane during the outbreak. Aside from a pulled hamstring once in a while I have no complaints. Have you tried taking collagen supplements? They work for me. I'm about to turn 56, btw.
    I tore a meniscus in my left knee 15 years ago or so. I asked the surgeon who repaired it -- George Brouillet (he has been doing a pregame radio segment before Ravens games for the last couple years -- if I could still run on it. He told me I shouldn't. I always regretted taking that advice. So I started running again, at much lower mileage only on the NCR trail. And then about five years ago I tore a meniscus in the right knee. I ran my last marathon (Boston) thirty years ago, but still averaged 50+ miles a week from 18-45 and I guess I just slowly pulverized the cushion. I really should stop complaining though because I can still walk and I just just commit to doing that more regularly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I started taking those collagen supplements a couple of weeks ago and I think you may be the one that mentioned it. I'm using this: https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Pept...0267597&sr=8-5

Not sure I can tell any diff but will try for a while. I am like you guys - takes a toll on me when I work in the yard all day like I did today. I use BCAAs afterwards too, also powder form.

I know some younger guys who swear by Animal Flex and say if they don't take it for a week their joints hurt. I've been taking it too but not sure I can tell anything.
    That's a good one. I take one that has types I, II, III, V and X. Not sure if there's a difference, but more is better, I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I tore a meniscus in my left knee 15 years ago or so. I asked the surgeon who repaired it -- George Brouillet (he has been doing a pregame radio segment before Ravens games for the last couple years -- if I could still run on it. He told me I shouldn't. I always regretted taking that advice. So I started running again, at much lower mileage only on the NCR trail. And then about five years ago I tore a meniscus in the right knee. I ran my last marathon (Boston) thirty years ago, but still averaged 50+ miles a week from 18-45 and I guess I just slowly pulverized the cushion. I really should stop complaining though because I can still walk and I just just commit to doing that more regularly.
    Wow. I never did anything close to resembling that mileage.