Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah no shit. This sounds like a Mom telling their kids they can't have ice cream if they don't eat their vegetables.

I'm going to say something I typically wouldn't. This lady is a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Wake up. This entire thing is 90% political
    It is, and short of bubonic plague like mutations where people turn blue and their heads explode continued over the top punitive enforcement of these lockdowns is a huge political loser.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Random offshoot, do you think the handshake will ever return as a viable, common greeting? How about the French Bise(kiss on one or two cheeks).
    Yes

Everything will return to normal at some point.

People have been getting sick and dying from viruses far worse than the Wuhan Flu for centuries.

The reaction to this current situation is what sets this apart from every other virus we've had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Yes

Everything will return to normal at some point.

People have been getting sick and dying from viruses far worse than the Wuhan Flu for centuries.

The reaction to this current situation is what sets this apart from every other virus we've had to deal with.
    Your last sentence is the reason for my question.

This pandemic and e (over)reaction is making irreversible changes to the world.

There were, before this, some people unwilling to shake hands out of fear of germs. When that Explodes post -apocalypse, the tradition may be lost. Could the bow and kirtsy return?

Would you ever put candles on a shared cake at a ids party ever again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were, before this, some people unwilling to shake hands out of fear of germs. When that Explodes post -apocalypse, the tradition may be lost. Could the bow and kirtsy return?

I could see a large contingent of people continuing to be afraid of everything and they’ll probably live a miserable life. Their choice.

It’s far more likely that most people will just live and look sideways at the people who’s anxiety is noticeable.

I already see it. Most of the people I know are over it.

The people who are scared can wear masks. I think a lot of folks, myself included will go back to public places sans mask as soon as they can and won't look back. I won't even think about it. I'm ready to have a beer in a tavern/pub/restaurant and eat some wings. I don't want to sound like I'm announcing that with swagger or false courage, it's just the way it is. I'm not really worried about getting this at all. If what I had in January didn't kill me, this won't (although I think what I had in January was a coronavirus and like my sister in law and her family am probably anti-body positive.).

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The people who are scared can wear masks. I think a lot of folks, myself included will go back to public places sans mask as soon as they can and won't look back. I won't even think about it. I'm ready to have a beer in a tavern/pub/restaurant and eat some wings. I don't want to sound like I'm announcing that with swagger or false courage, it's just the way it is. I'm not really worried about getting this at all. If what I had in January didn't kill me, this won't (although I think what I had in January was a coronavirus and like my sister in law and her family am probably anti-body positive.).
    Agreed, by and large, most are over it.

But it doesn’t take a majority to change norms like this. If hand shaking is something even 10% of the population fears that might be enough to eliminate it off the planet.

Blog Entries

As long as the kid makes a wish beforehand that no one get the virus from him blowing out candles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I could see a large contingent of people continuing to be afraid of everything and they’ll probably live a miserable life. Their choice.

It’s far more likely that most people will just live and look sideways at the people who’s anxiety is noticeable.

I already see it. Most of the people I know are over it.
    Judging by social media... just over the past week, my facebook page has gone from no one saying anything to nothing but, this has to end!

Agreed, by and large, most are over it.

But it doesn’t take a majority to change norms like this. If hand shaking is something even 10% of the population fears that might be enough to eliminate it off the planet.

We been bumping elbows in my family without even thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Sports, or at least the NFL, will certainly happen. It's fans in the stands that won't happen, at least not on a significant level.
    How can the NFL happen? We are almost in June and no teams have gotten together yet. For many states, you are not allowed gatherings of 10 or more. How can a 53 man team practice when you can only get 10 at a time. And several leaders have said this won’t change until there is a vaccine. We might never see a vaccine. The odds are not good that one will ever be created.

Yes. And also are still happening. Believe it our not, neighbors are still gathering for events and vandals are still getting blown out. My daughter just celebrated a birthday a few weeks ago. With candles. And surprise surprise, no one got the corona.