Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Random offshoot, do you think the handshake will ever return as a viable, common greeting? How about the French Bise(kiss on one or two cheeks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tough to say, but I can see lots of awkward situations where one person, whether through habit or purposely, extends their hand and the other goes....."I don't think, so, sorry". Oh no....the handshake rejection. It's tough for me to predict how people will react to going to the games, etc. After all, there were lots of fans missing from games in the last few years, in general. All I was saying is that I didn't think it's going back to "normal" all that fast. In lots of ways, some things will always be different, for better or worse.

Re: Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

Random offshoot, do you think the handshake will ever return as a viable, common greeting? How about the French Bise(kiss on one or two cheeks).

I'm good if handshakes are a thing of the past

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    We need to stop kidding ourselves. MLB, NHL, and NBA won’t be finishing the 2020 season. And NFL won’t be playing a 2020 season.

La county extended the lock down 3 months. To mid August. (Maryland) won’t allow large gatherings til a vaccine is invented. I am sure several other blue states have similar policies. No major sports league can start up, unless all states are on the same page.

I am starting to think we won’t have sports until the current leaders are voted out, and new politicians (that are willing to take a chance) are voted in.

If you look at the fed and state phases, sports won’t be happening anytime soon.
    Ravens could play at WVU stadium

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Ha ha. There will be football. Once things open up a little the floodgates will be open. No one has the will to arrest people trying to make a living.

The only thing that could change that is a huge spike in deaths. If we stay flat and/or deaths keep dropping things will get back to normal quicker than you think.
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Yes

Everything will return to normal at some point.

People have been getting sick and dying from viruses far worse than the Wuhan Flu for centuries.

The reaction to this current situation is what sets this apart from every other virus we've had to deal with.
    I never really viewed the French bise as normal to start with...

Agreed, by and large, most are over it.

But it doesn’t take a majority to change norms like this. If hand shaking is something even 10% of the population fears that might be enough to eliminate it off the planet.

But how will I know you don't have a concealed dagger when we meet?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Tough to say, but I can see lots of awkward situations where one person, whether through habit or purposely, extends their hand and the other goes....."I don't think, so, sorry". Oh no....the handshake rejection. It's tough for me to predict how people will react to going to the games, etc. After all, there were lots of fans missing from games in the last few years, in general. All I was saying is that I didn't think it's going back to "normal" all that fast. In lots of ways, some things will always be different, for better or worse.
    And when you handshake is rejected enough, even as someone not afraid of it, you stop offering.

It won’t take much to get to a critical mass where no one offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    We need to stop kidding ourselves. MLB, NHL, and NBA won’t be finishing the 2020 season. And NFL won’t be playing a 2020 season.

La county extended the lock down 3 months. To mid August. (Maryland) won’t allow large gatherings til a vaccine is invented. I am sure several other blue states have similar policies. No major sports league can start up, unless all states are on the same page.

I am starting to think we won’t have sports until the current leaders are voted out, and new politicians (that are willing to take a chance) are voted in.

If you look at the fed and state phases, sports won’t be happening anytime soon.
    NFL is going to happen...just no fans in the stands. Owners will make a lot of money off televised games.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    NFL is going to happen...just no fans in the stands. Owners will make a lot of money off televised games.
    I said the same thing about March madness. But I was wrong. Unless they ease up restrictions and allow groups of more than 50 to gather, you can’t have practice. And football is the highest risk of transmitting the virus. Full body contact and lots of sweat and blood easily transmitted.