Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

We need to stop kidding ourselves. MLB, NHL, and NBA won’t be finishing the 2020 season. And NFL won’t be playing a 2020 season.

La county extended the lock down 3 months. To mid August. (Maryland) won’t allow large gatherings til a vaccine is invented. I am sure several other blue states have similar policies. No major sports league can start up, unless all states are on the same page.

I am starting to think we won’t have sports until the current leaders are voted out, and new politicians (that are willing to take a chance) are voted in.

If you look at the fed and state phases, sports won’t be happening anytime soon.

Re: Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

Yup. You're most likely right on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Yup. You're most likely right on this one.
    At least about the sports in 2020, i dont know about all that political BS you're spoutin.

Blog Entries

I think we’ll have NFL. maybe without fans but we’ll have it. They’ll just do testing before games etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL has contracted some company to create test so they can do this.

5. Re: Someone has to say it. The 4 major sports won’t happen anytime soon

I don't think any spectator sport will ever be anywhere close to "normal" unless and until viable vaccines are in use for awhile (years). Get used to the new normal. I'd even go so far as to say maybe they never go back to the old normal. Right or wrong, this has all changed how we all live and will continue to do so. How the sports world and civilization adapts, I guess we'll see.

I disagree. Sports will happen this year.
    Also, I believe if people are allowed there will be a good amount of people at the games, maybe not sell outs, but a good amount.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    At least about the sports in 2020, i dont know about all that political BS you're spoutin.
    Wake up. This entire thing is 90% political

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Wake up. This entire thing is 90% political
    The bitch governor from MI said she may extend her state’s lockdown if protests in MI continue.

I tell ya what...Its certainly NOT about “health.”

Blog Entries

Sports, or at least the NFL, will certainly happen. It's fans in the stands that won't happen, at least not on a significant level.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The bitch governor from MI said she may extend her state’s lockdown if protests in MI continue.

I tell ya what...Its certainly NOT about “health.”
    Yeah no shit. This sounds like a Mom telling their kids they can't have ice cream if they don't eat their vegetables.

I'm going to say something I typically wouldn't. This lady is a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I don't think any spectator sport will ever be anywhere close to "normal" unless and until viable vaccines are in use for awhile (years). Get used to the new normal. I'd even go so far as to say maybe they never go back to the old normal. Right or wrong, this has all changed how we all live and will continue to do so. How the sports world and civilization adapts, I guess we'll see.
    Random offshoot, do you think the handshake will ever return as a viable, common greeting? How about the French Bise(kiss on one or two cheeks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    We need to stop kidding ourselves. MLB, NHL, and NBA won’t be finishing the 2020 season. And NFL won’t be playing a 2020 season.

La county extended the lock down 3 months. To mid August. (Maryland) won’t allow large gatherings til a vaccine is invented. I am sure several other blue states have similar policies. No major sports league can start up, unless all states are on the same page.

I am starting to think we won’t have sports until the current leaders are voted out, and new politicians (that are willing to take a chance) are voted in.

If you look at the fed and state phases, sports won’t be happening anytime soon.
    Ha ha. There will be football. Once things open up a little the floodgates will be open. No one has the will to arrest people trying to make a living.

The only thing that could change that is a huge spike in deaths. If we stay flat and/or deaths keep dropping things will get back to normal quicker than you think.