Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. This is pretty disturbing. I only read this one article. But based on what I read it seems a investigation and reevaluation of the no knock warrant is in order. If the police did not announce themselves IMO the guy was justified to shoot. But seriously, couldn't anyone break into your house and yell "POLICE!!!" so you disarm yourself? The system seems flawed.
    Especially when those people are in plain clothes. I definitely wouldn't trust anything they say. Also, if they are saying they used a battering ram to open the front door, what's the point of wearing plain clothes? You may as well come in full SWAT uniforms at that point. None of what the police did makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I’m commenting on points like the war on drugs is racist, we should basically eliminate no knock warrants, and somehow the cops violence is escalating violence.
    Having the cops wear body cams doesn't compromise their safety though. It does compromise the ability to have a disagreement of whether they announce themselves or not.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Having the cops wear body cams doesn't compromise their safety though. It does compromise the ability to have a disagreement of whether they announce themselves or not.

Not a point I argued

“Should there be "no-knock" warrants? To me, almost exclusively, no. Yes, I know all the reasons why they have them and don't need to be reminded. It's bullshit.”
    Yep, you are against no knock warrants and used this particular instance to further that case
    Seems like he argued it should require exceptional circumstances. Makes sense.

Not a point I argued
    You seem against any changes based on how you're presenting your argument

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You seem against any changes based on how you're presenting your argument

So how did you jump from what i posted to arguing against body cams?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    A SWAT team and a chopper? For this? C'mon. This isn't a hostage situation or an immediate threat to the area. All of this was totally unnecessary. Nobody had to die or be shot. Nobody.
    Obviously dude...

I was commenting on a post about over-use of force “saving lives” and I was pointing out that’s it’s actually the MASSIVE over-use of force that that induces quick surrender.

A couple plain clothed officers IS NOT enough to elicit early surrender. A Chopper and SWAT is.

Back to this whole concept of a plain cloths no knock warrant being something that should “essentially” not exist:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Obviously dude...

I was commenting on a post about over-use of force “saving lives” and I was pointing out that’s it’s actually the MASSIVE over-use of force that that induces quick surrender.

A couple plain clothed officers IS NOT enough to elicit early surrender. A Chopper and SWAT is.

Back to this whole concept of a plain cloths no knock warrant being something that should “essentially” not exist:

Oh. Well, excuse me for commenting on your ridiculous recommendation, then. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Oh. Well, excuse me for commenting on your ridiculous recommendation, then. Carry on.
    I made a statement of fact not a recommendation.

So how did you jump from what i posted to arguing against body cams?
    If I remember correctly it had been posted a couple posts earlier as one of the suggestions for these operations. Like I said, read your comment as being against adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Obviously dude...

Lol, so they should have had guys flying through the windows here like National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. Mabye we should be doing that more. I'm sure no one would complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lol, so they should have had guys flying through the windows here like National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. Mabye we should be doing that more. I'm sure no one would complain about that.
    No... SMH reading is hard. No where was that a suggestion.